Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
For all who are not following what I’m talking about above, in order to get Siri to finish downloading the Large language model that has been causing the hangup and Siri non-functioning, all you have to do is go to iCloud and you’ll be presented with new terms and conditions. Then you just have to accept those and the download will complete almost immediately, within seconds and you’ll be back in business

Patrick_273

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
I rebooted the device, and Siri started working again, but only when I was connected to the internet. An hour later, I went to the settings and accepted the terms and conditions. However, I didn’t see any Siri download. Apple Intelligence doesn’t consume more space on the device. Moreover, the on-device processing isn’t affected because Siri doesn’t work without an internet connection. Only the animation appears when I speak, but there’s no response when I talk.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
My Siri just started working again without doing the Terms & Conditions thing… nice.

Travis299

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2013
Cary NC
My iPhone 15 PRO MAX has SIRI working with AI turned on now. Restart & switched Wi-Fi on/off BUT not sure that fixed anything.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Good here as well… T&C popped up, I agreed and all is good. I do remember a few days ago I kept getting a message on my watch but no iPhone to log in and accept T&C but I couldn’t….maybe that’s when it started.

Patrick_273

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
Almost… better if we got beta 4 today.

I don’t think that’s going to happen.

It’s Friday, and there’s an unofficial rule in IT that nobody push updates on Fridays because of the weekend. I think we’ll get the B4 update next Tuesday or Wednesday, though.

Reactions: john991

Radeon85

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
South Wales, UK
Interesting text summary of my EE phone carrier call. iOS 18.1 call recording text summary needs improving 😄

Attachments

• IMG_0972.png
    IMG_0972.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 36

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Is it odd that so far my favourite thing is being able to remove the text under the icons on the Home Screen?

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Between my 15PM and iPad Pro, this week I have started seeing app crashes. Not sure if it is the OS or the apps being unable to fully update to 18.1
Have done the hard reboot method.
Apps that have crashed once or more this week - may have missed a couple:

X
Heckfire
Teams
Kindle
Outlook
Photos
Pinterest
YouTube
Bing
Arc

This started this week.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Between my 15PM and iPad Pro, this week I have started seeing app crashes. Not sure if it is the OS or the apps being unable to fully update to 18.1
Have done the hard reboot method.
Apps that have crashed once or more this week - may have missed a couple:

X
Heckfire
Teams
Kindle
Outlook
Photos
Pinterest
YouTube
Bing
Arc

This started this week.
Do they crash immediately after opening or hours of use? Just curious so I can keep an eye out as well. I have 4 of those app with no problems--- 15PM 18.1 B4

Reactions: dk001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.