Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
Siri Apple Intelligence Model download is ongoing but incomplete.

Siri is unavailable with notifications: “Siri Not Available. Connect to Wi-Fi to complete Siri download.”

Siri was usable last week since joining the beta, but this issue started yesterday.

Restarting the device temporarily fixes Siri, but it becomes unusable again.

I’ve attached screenshots. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Had sent a feedback to Apple.

e8886c7c67e8217b5f77a04369ae60cf.jpg

e35854772a83e77f8f3e9f1668edb8cd.jpg
Same here.

AxelFoley

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
Same here.
The thing is that Siri and Apple Intelligence works UNTIL you check for it in the Settings app. Once you check, then the still downloading issue (99%) occurs and Siri stops working. I read the posts here and checked Siri first on my iPhone and it was working. I then opened settings ➡️ Apple Intelligence and Siri stopped working. I confirmed then same behavior on my iPad as well. Conclusion: If Siri and Apple Intelligence is working for you, then do not read these messages and check settings. Ha!

Axel F.

Jimmy Bubbles

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Nashville, TN
The thing is that Siri and Apple Intelligence works UNTIL you check for it in the Settings app. Once you check, then the still downloading issue (99%) occurs and Siri stops working. I read the posts here and checked Siri first on my iPhone and it was working. I then opened settings ➡️ Apple Intelligence and Siri stopped working. I confirmed then same behavior on my iPad as well. Conclusion: If Siri and Apple Intelligence is working for you, then do not read these messages and check settings. Ha!

Axel F.
Well too late! Haha

• Haha
Reactions: AxelFoley

redbeard331

macrumors 68040
Jul 21, 2009
So it seems that the big Siri upgrade is being pushed out by Apple today without an update? Siri is still pretty dumb so I don’t think any of the new stuff is out yet except for the new animation.

I have noticed a few times lately where Siri randomly sounds different, like very realistic and not robotic at all, not sure if I’m just imagining it or what..

Reactions: mikelets456

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
So it seems that the big Siri upgrade is being pushed out by Apple today without an update? Siri is still pretty dumb so I don’t think any of the new stuff is out yet except for the new animation.

I have noticed a few times lately where Siri randomly sounds different, like very realistic and not robotic at all, not sure if I’m just imagining it or what..

You’re not imagining it. The American voices can do all sorts of inflections now. British voices, not yet.

Reactions: J Ham

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I don’t know if this is new, but I’m on the new model (assuming based on the Siri model download) and follow up now works. I am reliably able to say “where is my wife?”, Siri shows the find my map, and I can say “what’s the weather there?” And it can follow the conversation. I was also able to say “show me the weather in X location”, and then say “get me directions there” and it was able to keep context.

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
I don’t know if this is new, but I’m on the new model (assuming based on the Siri model download) and follow up now works. I am reliably able to say “where is my wife?”, Siri shows the find my map, and I can say “what’s the weather there?” And it can follow the conversation. I was also able to say “show me the weather in X location”, and then say “get me directions there” and it was able to keep context.
Does this mean you have finished downloading?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008

I think context awareness in a limited amount is still in current siri?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Yeah mine finished downloading around 11am pacific this morning. It got stuck, but I restarted my iPhone and once it connected to WiFi I waited a few minutes and it finished downloading.

If able, would you mind posting a screenshot of what the Apple Intelligence & Siri settings page looks like when it actually completes the download? E.g., how can you tell it’s finished?

Patrick_273

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
I came across German translations for Apple Intelligence writing functions. I assume that they are preparing German language for Apple Intelligence in the background, but they haven’t announced it yet because of the DMA regulations.
fb941c343d809aecb50d28c9bd3af69c.jpg

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
If able, would you mind posting a screenshot of what the Apple Intelligence & Siri settings page looks like when it actually completes the download? E.g., how can you tell it’s finished?
Mine was at 99% over night. Rebooted phone and tried Siri. And now Siri works. At this point I’m afraid if I go into ai in settings I’ll be back at 99% and no Siri.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Siri Apple Intelligence Model download is ongoing but incomplete.

Siri is unavailable with notifications: “Siri Not Available. Connect to Wi-Fi to complete Siri download.”

Siri was usable last week since joining the beta, but this issue started yesterday.

Restarting the device temporarily fixes Siri, but it becomes unusable again.

I’ve attached screenshots. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Had sent a feedback to Apple.

e8886c7c67e8217b5f77a04369ae60cf.jpg

e35854772a83e77f8f3e9f1668edb8cd.jpg

I’ve also submitted feedback for it.

FB15111279

Reactions: zobby

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: zobby and d123

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Interesting. So this has been happening to some for over a week now. Odd that it didn’t surface here till yesterday.
As you mentioned, I am curious to know if this is the reason behind the delayed beta 4 release. Let’s see in 5 hours.

And just now i get the setup for Siri. Of course still can’t use it, as the files are still downloading.

IMG_5924.png IMG_5923.png

Reactions: morganthomas757

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Mine is finally showing 99%....I have a theory if someone could check. Once I changed WiFi networks it's showing the "99% downloaded"....Maybe that "shakes it" out of the loop?

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Mine is finally showing 99%....I have a theory if someone could check. Once I changed WiFi networks it's showing the "99% downloaded"....Maybe that "shakes it" out of the loop?
I forgot my network wifi rejoined still at 99% from yesterday.

Endless loop at 99%. I’m just hoping beta 4 or at least a modified beta 3 comes today. Seeing Apple was aware of this issue last week.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
I forgot my network wifi rejoined still at 99% from yesterday.

Endless loop at 99%. I’m just hoping beta 4 or at least a modified beta 3 comes today. Seeing Apple was aware of this issue last week.
Mine was not showing anything but now it states "99% downloading"...but it's staying on there no matter what I do---reboot, close the program and reopen, switch AI off...then on....Oh well, as long as Siri works in the meantime (for Carplay, etc) then I'll deal with it until there's a fix.

Reactions: Travis299

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Mine was not showing anything but now it states "99% downloading"...but it's staying on there no matter what I do---reboot, close the program and reopen, switch AI off...then on....Oh well, as long as Siri works in the meantime (for Carplay, etc) then I'll deal with it until there's a fix.

siri is refusing to do anything on my 15 pro max

• Sad
Reactions: john991
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.