Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Patrick_273

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2024
Siri Apple Intelligence Model download is ongoing but incomplete.

Siri is unavailable with notifications: “Siri Not Available. Connect to Wi-Fi to complete Siri download.”

Siri was usable last week since joining the beta, but this issue started yesterday.

Restarting the device temporarily fixes Siri, but it becomes unusable again.

I’ve attached screenshots. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Had sent a feedback to Apple.

e8886c7c67e8217b5f77a04369ae60cf.jpg

e35854772a83e77f8f3e9f1668edb8cd.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy Bubbles

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Siri Apple Intelligence Model download is ongoing but incomplete.

Siri is unavailable with notifications: “Siri Not Available. Connect to Wi-Fi to complete Siri download.”

Siri was usable last week since joining the beta, but this issue started yesterday.

Restarting the device temporarily fixes Siri, but it becomes unusable again.

I’ve attached screenshots. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Had sent a feedback to Apple.

e8886c7c67e8217b5f77a04369ae60cf.jpg

e35854772a83e77f8f3e9f1668edb8cd.jpg
Happenning to me too.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I got the same thing, it happened to me last night around 9PM Pacific. I restarted my phone, connected it to wifi and it downloaded within a few minutes. New Siri works again.

I kinda wish they'd do a background model swap, or at least fall back to old Siri while a new model is downloading (which is what im assuming is happening). Having Siri completely disabled while downloading a model with no progress bar is really user-unfriendly.

Reactions: john991

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I was able to use Siri earlier this morning here on the West Coast and now I’m getting the same message. It sounds like they’re making the transition from cloud based handling of Siri request to fully on device. Make me wonder if we’ll see a beta even yet today.

Reactions: john991

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
Someone help me… am I going crazy? Wasn’t there an announcement with iOS 18 re: document scanning improvements? The camera automatically (when detecting it’s a document being photographed) combining photos, removing shadows, etc. Was that with this iOS beta? Has that been removed?

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Someone help me… am I going crazy? Wasn’t there an announcement with iOS 18 re: document scanning improvements? The camera automatically (when detecting it’s a document being photographed) combining photos, removing shadows, etc. Was that with this iOS beta? Has that been removed?
If there is document scanning improvements it would be in the notes app, or in the files app would be my guess.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various
If there is document scanning improvements it would be in the notes app, or in the files app would be my guess.
See, I remember it being a camera upgrade, where it smartly identified if you were taking a pic of a document. No one else remember that? I feel like I’m going crazy, because it doesn’t seem to be a feature (for me) anymore, and I can no longer find it anywhere in the WWDC keynote.

Was it all a dream? 🤔

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.