Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Enygmatic

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2015
Various

Attachments

• IMG_6833.jpeg
    IMG_6833.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 29

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
I got the same thing, it happened to me last night around 9PM Pacific. I restarted my phone, connected it to wifi and it downloaded within a few minutes. New Siri works again.

I kinda wish they'd do a background model swap, or at least fall back to old Siri while a new model is downloading (which is what im assuming is happening). Having Siri completely disabled while downloading a model with no progress bar is really user-unfriendly.
Did you get the follow up capabilities on device or did the download just cancel?
I figure it stays at 99% waiting for iOS 18.4 but since its not available it just wont install.

wiggy82

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2016
For anyone stuck on 99%, this happened to me on my M4 iPad Pro. After about 4 days I erased all content and restored from backup. This did solve the problem for me but it’s probably not guaranteed for everyone.

I reported feedback to Apple. They have acknowledged the issue and say there is a potential fix identified for a future OS update (so maybe Beta 4)

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpeg
    IMG_0007.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: Travis299

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
For anyone stuck on 99%, this happened to me on my M4 iPad Pro. After about 4 days I erased all content and restored from backup. This did solve the problem for me but it’s probably not guaranteed for everyone.

I reported feedback to Apple. They have acknowledged the issue and say there is a potential fix identified for a future OS update (so maybe Beta 4)
And did having the full download change the Apple Intelligence experience in any way for you? Or is this just putting all of the processing on-phone but with no difference in output?

wiggy82

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2016
And did having the full download change the Apple Intelligence experience in any way for you? Or is this just putting all of the processing on-phone but with no difference in output?
Whilst it was stuck at 99%, I couldn’t use Siri at all and the Summarise feature in mail, safari and notifications didn’t work. Clean up in photos was about the only thing I noticed that did work. Writing tools might of worked, but I can’t be sure.

Reactions: Travis299

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
FWIW, I turned off ai in settings, the ai for models is downloading and I can use Siri. Let’s see if the download finishes then turn ai back on

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.