Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

bholaladka

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I have the same problem with my iPhone 15PM updated to iOS18.1DB. I get the ding sound with Siri activation but no border animated illumination. However it works very well on my iPad Pro 6th gen, Siri is actually perfect on it. Don’t understand why it should work on IPP and not iPhone, both have identical setup in Settings. I tried Pearsey’s advice to hard reset, AI on/off, Siri on/off on the iPhone but no border lights on it. Does that mean the bug is in iOS and not in iPadOS?
I have iPhone 16

Reactions: Premium1

infohou

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2009
Houston, TX
Hey Folks,

I have had 18.1 B4 installed on my iPhone 17 Pro Max for about 20 hours. I get no Apple Intelligence option in Settings. Have rebooted 3 time, changed location to my Texas city, no installing in the background notice, and checked numerous other settings. Have the Siri bubble. Verified 18.1 is installed.

Any new idea on why no Apple Intelligence option?

Thanks,
Robert

Maloney~888

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2018
Hey Folks,

I have had 18.1 B4 installed on my iPhone 17 Pro Max for about 20 hours. I get no Apple Intelligence option in Settings. Have rebooted 3 time, changed location to my Texas city, no installing in the background notice, and checked numerous other settings. Have the Siri bubble. Verified 18.1 is installed.

Any new idea on why no Apple Intelligence option?

Thanks,
Robert
18.1 beta 4 not ready for iPhone 17 Pro Max yet bro! 😁

bholaladka

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Has anyone been able to use photo intelligence where it finds the thing in the photo on the internet? On iPhone 16 here and side button ain’t doing that for me.

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
Figured I’d ask again. Anyone know why this photos app is eating my battery like candy on public beta? Been this way since I downloaded it on Thursday. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3105.jpeg
    IMG_3105.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 35

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
My battery has been draining and there’s an “app” draining the battery that states “no cell coverage ” draining 25% of the battery.. I have no idea what this is because I always have full service or mediocre service and WiFi:
What is this?

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpeg
    IMG_0119.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 26

mtulman1

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2015
My battery has been draining and there’s an “app” draining the battery that states “no cell coverage ” draining 25% of the battery.. I have no idea what this is because I always have full service or mediocre service and WiFi:
What is this?
How is your photos app showing background wise? If you see my post above yours I am losing my mind.

joshellis625

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2008
Georgia
Major complaints (some worsened dramatically from 18.1 B3 to 18.1 B4):
  • New issue in Beta 4— Control Center keeps creating a new page and adding the Hearing Devices control. I can “remove” it but it reappears almost immediately, usually freezing control center in the process.
  • Photos app is very unstable especially when doing photo editing and annotation (on my M1 iPad Air). Often freezes up completely and never recovers and I have to force quit and lose editing/annotation progress.
  • Cleanup works surprisingly well all things considered (especially when you’re used to Adobe products). Cleanup is quite impressive given it’s baked in. Huge battery drain and will freeze up completely after too many “Cleanups”.
  • For me, Beta 4 overall has been much less stable compared to Beta 3 and this applies both to my 15PM and iPad Air M1.
  • iMessage is very hit or miss and FaceTime is completely broken for me. I’ve tried multiple ways to fix it but I simply cannot use any form of FaceTime at all. Huge bummer as I prefer the audio quality over cellular.
Loving 18 overall though!

Reactions: Hedkandi

Pearsey

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2016
Royal Tunbridge Wells
Major complaints (some worsened dramatically from 18.1 B3 to 18.1 B4):
  • New issue in Beta 4— Control Center keeps creating a new page and adding the Hearing Devices control. I can “remove” it but it reappears almost immediately, usually freezing control center in the process.
  • Photos app is very unstable especially when doing photo editing and annotation (on my M1 iPad Air). Often freezes up completely and never recovers and I have to force quit and lose editing/annotation progress.
  • Cleanup works surprisingly well all things considered (especially when you’re used to Adobe products). Cleanup is quite impressive given it’s baked in. Huge battery drain and will freeze up completely after too many “Cleanups”.
  • For me, Beta 4 overall has been much less stable compared to Beta 3 and this applies both to my 15PM and iPad Air M1.
  • iMessage is very hit or miss and FaceTime is completely broken for me. I’ve tried multiple ways to fix it but I simply cannot use any form of FaceTime at all. Huge bummer as I prefer the audio quality over cellular.
Loving 18 overall though!

Not seeing any of this on my 16 Pro.

Installed with the IPSW file.

bholaladka

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I just tried doing a phone recording. Where the heck is it saved?? I don’t see it in the voice memos all

jazzzyJeff

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2024
Did they get rid of frequently visited sites from Safari's homepage or that's a bug on my phone? I am using it all the time and it's gone after updating to 18.1 beta.
I'm asking because it's still there for me in Safari 18 on MacOS.
Go to a new tab, scroll down, Edit.
Check Frequently visited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.