Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

cbpoint

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2022
Would appear I’m dead in the water and only option would be to visit an Apple Store to see if they’d swap the device out.

Unless someone here has a set of steps which work.
Have you tried windows iTune to restore from ipsw?

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
i think its airpods not ios 18? but shaking your head when siri asks if you want to read out a long notification or message is handy

Reactions: rdinterman

jacklroberts

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
Doncaster, UK
Can I ask is this happening with all Apple Intelligence iPhones or just the iPhone 16 Pro Max? (Where the Siri result shows about a quarter of the way down the screen)

Attachments

• IMG_4469.png
    IMG_4469.png
    613 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4470.png
    IMG_4470.png
    760.6 KB · Views: 30

dialdn

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2016
Upgrade my 15 PM to 18.1b4 from b3 and just noticed today the Apple Intelligence storage is at 4.78 gigs. I have been checking it everyday and it was previously ~2.5 gigs. Maybe things are slowly rolling out or the "AI" local download happens after a full indexing plus a couple days?

The only other thing I did today was plug my phone into my Mac to use Camo app. I wonder if that triggered something.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
The “s” thing may be happening to you (and at least one other). It is not happening to me.

Of course you should file feedback even if it’s “beta/icloud backup weirdness “ Don’t you think they should be aware of that?
Yes, definitely they should be aware of it. Although, I’ll say that I haven’t had as many issues in the last few hours, certainly nothing I’m able to reproduce for a report.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
But the weird thing is that it was working and just started doing that out of nowhere. And I’ve been on WiFi.
🤷🏼‍♂️ maybe it’s on an A/B switch or something and one is at capacity? I dunno. But that’s what fixed it for me.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Upgrade my 15 PM to 18.1b4 from b3 and just noticed today the Apple Intelligence storage is at 4.78 gigs. I have been checking it everyday and it was previously ~2.5 gigs. Maybe things are slowly rolling out or the "AI" local download happens after a full indexing plus a couple days?

The only other thing I did today was plug my phone into my Mac to use Camo app. I wonder if that triggered something.

At 2.56GB for me. Used to be 2.63 GB

KingOC

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
my iphone 16 on beta 18.1 4 just shut off.. it turned back on luckily. Is this a known bug? It happened after taking it off the mag safe charger

Last edited:

KingOC

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2024
First I’m hearing of this.
Hopefully my device isn't defective and I just ran a backup! LOL. I hope it was a 1 time glitch!

Also the screen sometimes lags.. is this caused by the screen protector im using from apple? It seems to mostly have resolved but yeserday it was bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.