Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

WaterOz

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2016
Not for me. They are still working.
Mine are hit and miss. Everything was summarizing before, now some are, and not consistently. Maybe it's still compiling something? Turned Apple Intelligence off, rebooted, and back on, but still not behaving quite like it was in the last beta - unless it takes some time for it to start behaving like it was.

EVERYTHING was getting summarized before in notifications, now it's only some of the time with some of the things. At least so far

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Mine are hit and miss. Everything was summarizing before, now some are, and not consistently. Maybe it's still compiling something? Turned Apple Intelligence off, rebooted, and back on, but still not behaving quite like it was in the last beta - unless it takes some time for it to start behaving like it was.

EVERYTHING was getting summarized before in notifications, now it's only some of the time with some of the things. At least so far

Possibly, mine doesn’t look any different, I just did the OTA update and then restarted my phone.

IMG_1387.png

NecRosex

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2019
babyLon
Hope the damn lag is fixed in this version, especially the keyboard lag which drove me insane at times on my 15 Pro.
It ain't... I'm already losing my mind LMAO, can't imagine weeks on this until b5 comes out..... and even that might not fix it, RIP me.

HylianKnight

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2017
Mine keeps saying connected in settings, but no WiFi icon at top and it's using cellular data.
That’s interesting. I can’t comment on that since I haven’t encountered any problems with the Wi-Fi on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps: turning on and off airplane mode, turning Wi-Fi off and back on, and/or restarting your phone? If you’ve done all that, you could try resetting the network settings on your phone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset Network Settings. This usually resolves any cellular or Wi-Fi issues.
1726612007428.png

vultuk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2015
Bolton, England
It’s possible I am misunderstanding what you’re saying, but the photos I took with live enabled show both tags after being taken. Do you just mean it will show a 2D embedded video that turns 3D when that stops playing on a Vision Pro? I’m just caught on what you mean by “turn off spatial.”

View attachment 2420174
When viewing on the Vision Pro there is an icon you can press to switch between seeing the spatial image and just a normal flat image. With the iPhone spatial Live Photos, you see a still spatial image, but when you turn to the flat image you can see the live video.

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
When viewing on the Vision Pro there is an icon you can press to switch between seeing the spatial image and just a normal flat image. With the iPhone spatial Live Photos, you see a still spatial image, but when you turn to the flat image you can see the live video.
That makes sense, thanks. That also explains why it claims the photo is 24MP despite the fact it couldn’t be 24MP in Spatial coming from a 15P.

Interestingly, the spatial capture seems to incur no big downsides?

—24MP
—Has “next gen” portraits where you can retroactively make it a portrait
—Live photo (although the live looks a little lower framerate)
—file size difference is not noticeable
—still has HDR

Loses photographic styles though, and it whines if you try to edit the photo that you have to delete the spatial photo or duplicate it to edit. The photo editing thing could get annoying, I suppose. But I was expecting it to incur a much more major compromise, like losing HDR.

Jbre

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2023
IMG_6319.jpeg

Not sure if it’s in 18.0 or only new to 18.1, but live sports notifications have a color gradient in the background now. Before they were all flat black.

Reactions: blueeyes2die4

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
iCloud tabs are back with this release, on my iPad. I’m leaving my phone on 18.0 where they are still missing.
I was incorrect. The open tabs from my phone appeared on my ipad after the restart subsequent to the beta installation. So the same issue remains in ios 18/18.1. iCloud tabs will only appear on a synced device if Safari is force quit or the device is restarted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.