Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Those of you on iOS 18.1 beta 4, is this specific issue fixed (selection of any light colored wallpaper results in the inability to see the top most details of the device such as carrier, signal strength, battery percentage, etc.):

1726614874982.png

Thank you!

cmatuk

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Siri is again displaying this but it works perfectly fine with the new capabilities. Only doing this on iPhone.
Anyone else?

Attachments

• IMG_3232.jpeg
    IMG_3232.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 41

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
Those of you on iOS 18.1 beta 4, is this specific issue fixed (selection of any light colored wallpaper results in the inability to see the top most details of the device such as carrier, signal strength, battery percentage, etc.):

View attachment 2420294

Thank you!
This happened to me in the Home app. I had to turn on dark mode to see it.

Neftoon

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2010
Clean up in photos not working correctly for me. Just pixelates what you select rather than “clean”.
I get the same thing on select photos, briefly down the bottom it says that "Safety Filter is On". Testing it in one photo I was able to remove a partially obscured person on the edge of frame who was walking past, but if I tried to remove anyone in the centre of the photo or a company logo from a sign it pixelated.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
It ain't... I'm already losing my mind LMAO, can't imagine weeks on this until b5 comes out..... and even that might not fix it, RIP me.

Advice, try the following:
• Wait for phone to finish indexing
• Restart phone
• Hard reset phone
• Reinstall using IPSW file

Note: I don’t know if the Writing Tools will improve the content of my posts, but the list feature will make some of them look a lot better!

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I buy mine outright and gift them (family / friends) when I decide to move on.
I buy mine outright and sell it after I get a new one. I always use a case & screen protector so the phone is pristine (except for a few points on the battery) so I get most of what I paid back (usually about 75%)

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
How many of you are crazy enough to run 18.1 immediately when getting your 16 or 16 pro? I’m thinking if no one’s reporting any big problems with it I’ll probably install it on mine a week after launch.

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
View attachment 2420292
Not sure if it’s in 18.0 or only new to 18.1, but live sports notifications have a color gradient in the background now. Before they were all flat black.
It was like that in the RC for iOS 18, since my iPad Pro 2018 had it like that, but in iOS 18.1 beta 3 it was still pulling from the TV app and it was flat black. Once I updated my iPhone 15PM to iOS 18.1 beta 4, it fixed it to how it should be, like that with the color, so iOS 18.1 beta 3 must’ve had the old way to do it still via the TV app, and iOS 18.1 beta 4 implemented all of the changes from the iOS 18 RC that enabled live activities properly from the Sports app.

AxelFoley

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
It was like that in the RC for iOS 18, since my iPad Pro 2018 had it like that, but in iOS 18.1 beta 3 it was still pulling from the TV app and it was flat black. Once I updated my iPhone 15PM to iOS 18.1 beta 4, it fixed it to how it should be, like that with the color, so iOS 18.1 beta 3 must’ve had the old way to do it still via the TV app, and iOS 18.1 beta 4 implemented all of the changes from the iOS 18 RC that enabled live activities properly from the Sports app.
I have the M1 iPad Pro with iOS 18.1 Beta 4. At this point, I do not get live activity with sports scores (MLB) on the iPad Pro. I get live activity scores from the sports app on my iPhone 15 Pro Max as mentioned in your post above.

Axel F.

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I have the M1 iPad Pro with iOS 18.1 Beta 4. At this point, I do not get live activity with sports scores (MLB) on the iPad Pro. I get live activity scores from the sports app on my iPhone 15 Pro Max as mentioned in your post above.

Axel F.
The Sports app is made for iOS, but can be downloaded on the iPad. Make sure it’s downloaded and then click on the clock with the dot in the top right corner once you click on the game you want to track and it should work. It works on my iPad Pro from 2018, so should work on your M1 iPad Pro.

AxelFoley

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2015
The Sports app is made for iOS, but can be downloaded on the iPad. Make sure it’s downloaded and then click on the clock with the dot in the top right corner once you click on the game you want to track and it should work. It works on my iPad Pro from 2018, so should work on your M1 iPad Pro.
I knew that, however, I used to get live activity scores from the sports section of the Apple TV app on the iPad. I did not have, and still do not have, the Sports app installed on my iPad Pro.

Axel F.

bricktop_at

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2017
It takes 30 of data first, no?
Yep that’s right but the feature itself isn’t available on 18.1b4, you can’t activate it in the first place.
On 18.0 it’s there and when you activate sleep apnea warnings, it tells you that it needs 30 days of data

mmacrumor

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Sydney
How stable is 18.1 beta 4?
Is it built on the stable 18 with beta .1 features? Or does it take you backwards in user experience.
Don’t mind if the beta features like Apple intelligence, clearing photos, etc… etc… don’t work as intended.
Just came out of iOS 18 beta and it has already beaten my battery, don’t want to get on another beta if it is not on stable iOS 18.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.