Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Canezmd

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
Anyone else still getting "apple intelligence is downloading"?

It's been about 18 hours now... everything was working fine on BETA 3.

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 10.27.30 AM.png

COBRASVT

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
Atlanta
That’s interesting. I can’t comment on that since I haven’t encountered any problems with the Wi-Fi on my iPhone 15 Pro Max. Have you tried the usual troubleshooting steps: turning on and off airplane mode, turning Wi-Fi off and back on, and/or restarting your phone? If you’ve done all that, you could try resetting the network settings on your phone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset Network Settings. This usually resolves any cellular or Wi-Fi issues.
View attachment 2420284
I had tried all of the above. Several times. Even reset network settings twice. Figured it was just a bug in machine.

Happened again last night.

Now something I tried last night and seems to have improved the situation (for now), I changed Private Wi-Fi Address from Fixed to Rotating. We'll see long term.

gtmead09

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2016
Anyone else still getting "apple intelligence is downloading"?

It's been about 18 hours now... everything was working fine on BETA 3.

View attachment 2420710

Something like this happened to me on beta 3. I had to go into my iCloud section (in settings) and accept the new service terms. Then everything started working again.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
That’s the beauty of a well designed AI. You don’t think much of it but take it away and it becomes obvious pretty quick.

And that’s exactly why I think Apple is doing it the right way. It’s not as flashy as Microsoft, Google and OpenAI are doing it, but once you clear away the debris of discarded features, Apple will probably be the one who provides the most quality to their customers. As per usual.

Reactions: jazzzyJeff

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
So there are no AI settings on my iPhone 13 then? Im kinda wondering what this update brought for an iPhone 13.

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I somehow lost Apple Intelligence. Siri is back to being a ball, summaries are missing systemwide, and the switch for it is turned on with no change. Tried turning it off and on but no dice.

Good to know that AI failing isn't system-debilitating!

BrandonHacks

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
Can anyone check if there is an issue locating people with find my? After updating to this beta I am only seeing the last location prior to the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.