Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Does anyone have any issue with the “attention awareness” feature on this beta for Face ID enabled phones? (I am on the 15 Pro Max with the latest 18.1 beta 4) When an alarm goes off and I pick up my phone, it doesn’t lower the volume of the tone (same for incoming voice calls) and my screen dims and shuts off automatically when there isn’t any touch input regardless of me looking at my phone (screen dims and shuts off when I am reading anything significantly long on my phone without any touch input).

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I have a 15 Pro Max, but when I say "Hey Siri" I get the old style "floating bubble" but I thought that was changed on all devices..

View attachment 2421667

EDIT: I turned off Apple Intelligence, restarted my phone and then turned AI back on... I now have the correct interface.. Of course I am not certain if it was the restart or cycling AI that did it since I did them both at once.. 😂
I’m seeing the same issue on my 15PM. I did exactly what you described above and no dice. I’ll give it another go.

Reactions: infohou

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I just installed the public beta. Let’s just say clean up needs A LOT of work. There wasn’t one photo I tried it on where it worked well. It properly identified what I’d want to remove but when it tried to remove it what was left was a mess.

Reactions: redbeard331

shanson27

macrumors 68020
Nov 27, 2011
And even after the update to 18.1 the widget photos are still B/W 🤷‍♂️
IMG_0003.jpeg

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I just installed the public beta. Let’s just say clean up needs A LOT of work. There wasn’t one photo I tried it on where it worked well. It properly identified what I’d want to remove but when it tried to remove it what was left was a mess.

I’m not finding that at all. Occasionally a small artifact but generally pretty clean removals.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I’m not finding that at all. Occasionally a small artifact but generally pretty clean removals.
Glad it’s working for you. Mine is weird because it’s perfect in terms of highlighting what to remove but when I tap on the subject the removal just isn’t clean at all. It either scrambles a face (instead of removing the person) or everything looks smudgy.

Reactions: gwhizkids

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK

I don’t think it’s too bad considering it’s a beta.

Here’s few photos that I’ve used it on.

IMG_0517.jpeg
Snapseed.jpeg
FullSizeRender.jpeg
IMG_0342.jpeg

Last edited:

MakaniKai

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2023
I had a weird glitch happen today on my 13 Mini. I was searching for an emoji in my keyboard and mistyped so that there were no emoji results. But instead of saying “no results” in the picker, it said something along the lines of “generate an emoji” and was in the rainbow apple intelligence font colors. It went away and never came back. Wish I had reacted fast enough to click it but I doubt it would have worked anyway lol

ShaneSparkyYYZ

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Genuinely impressed at the speed & performance on iOS 18.1 public beta 1! So much better than iOS 18.
It’s been over 24 hours since I’ve been on beta 4 (dev) and I’ve noticed it’s better than the last few betas on iOS 18.1.

Only issue, a few moments with animations there’s a slight delay using a 15 Pro but isn’t constant and liveable. Overall, 8/10 for a beta. Just wish the photos app was like the iOS 17 one, but I’m learning to live with it.

Reactions: Pearsey and James6s

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
I have a 15 Pro Max, but when I say "Hey Siri" I get the old style "floating bubble" but I thought that was changed on all devices..

View attachment 2421667

EDIT: I turned off Apple Intelligence, restarted my phone and then turned AI back on... I now have the correct interface.. Of course I am not certain if it was the restart or cycling AI that did it since I did them both at once.. 😂
In one of Zollotech videos he mentioned that he had the same problem. He did the same thing as you and get back the new interface. 👍

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I had a weird glitch happen today on my 13 Mini. I was searching for an emoji in my keyboard and mistyped so that there were no emoji results. But instead of saying “no results” in the picker, it said something along the lines of “generate an emoji” and was in the rainbow apple intelligence font colors. It went away and never came back. Wish I had reacted fast enough to click it but I doubt it would have worked anyway lol

That’s probably the interface for Genmoji. That’s popped up occasionally for a few other users too.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
iPhone 15PM is running cooler on this public beta vs the official iOS 18. Battery life has also improved! As already stated above, performance is top notch, the whole experience is smoother 👌🏻

Reactions: MCKLMT

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
iPhone 15PM is running cooler on this public beta vs the official iOS 18. Battery life has also improved! As already stated above, performance is top notch, the whole experience is smoother 👌🏻
Same here...nothing to complain about--battery life is better but not stellar...I would say "mediocre". Battery is definitely better when "idling" or standby.

Not a big deal, but just to mention, The only "problem" I have is reception when using two esims and "auto switching" in marginal areas. I turned auto switching off and connection is fine in the same areas.

Reactions: James6s

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Does someone have some real experience with Apple at very-long-bug-reporting? I got asked few times to add more data or details or check something but I wonder about procedure.

In normal life of tester CI / each Release Regression + Bugfixes + New Feature tests are performed and then Results are "tied up" to last Bug reports but I wonder how they handle that number of reports from users.

What I mean:
Is it required to add on each new Beta / Normal version a reply with new Device Report and note that bug is still present and just reproduced or it's a waste of time?

Currently I post a the following: note that bug is present and if I had possibility to reproduce moment before I attache also Device /Devices Reports. Otherwise just a note and if bug is really not happening anymore - I close the "ticket"

Last edited:

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
frustrated that 18.1 doesn’t let you access sleep apnea feature on AW 9 or 10. Got my 10 at least in part for that feature and as its doing the recording on the AW and just sending summary data to the phone you’d think it’d be fine.

I get its a beta but its still annoying to not have that included. Don’t know if it’ll come with beta 5 or I may have to wait for the RC some time in october?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.