Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Probably I just didn’t notice it then, but like @gwhizkids stated earlier, this can make configuring different focus easier.
There's loads of little things that aren't very well designed and are quite hidden.

A good example is Emergency Bypass that's set up in various non-related places. Look at the MacRumors threads here where they highlight something simple, such as selecting multiple objects, and all the "wow, I never knew" type responses. So many inconsistencies.

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Is there no way to get rid of the icon titles and keep the smaller icons? I like no titles but don‘t like the big icons. Sheesh, always something. I mean how hard would it be to give us that choice? They could have followed thru. This is one of the little things that bugs me.

iOSBry

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2013
Is there no way to get rid of the icon titles and keep the smaller icons? I like no titles but don‘t like the big icons. Sheesh, always something. I mean how hard would it be to give us that choice? They could have followed thru. This is one of the little things that bugs me.
Please submit a Feedback report to Apple.

Reactions: adrianlondon

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009

I’m with you, I’ve always hated the little things that clutter up iOS, page dots, home bar, icon names to name a few.

One of the first things I’d do after jail breaking in the past was to remove stuff like that to clean up the Homescreen. I’m quite surprised they removed labels in the large icon mode at all, but it looks terrible with the huge icons, why we can’t remove them from the normal sized icons is a travesty. And for years people have wanted smaller icons, not larger ones, if the labels don’t matter on large icons they don’t matter no matter the size, but I don’t ever expect to get that option. It took Apple 17 years to let us move icons around on the grid freely, but we STILL cannot place them anywhere, and the lowest row is still way too high above the dock so it’s sort of a dud.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I did, for all the good that will do. It’s done.
I would not be terribly surprised if they do act on that (or were already planning to do so in later betas). That's the kind of change that frequently comes during these early summer betas, particularly if there is a groundswell of support for it.

biel

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
I love how the updated Weather app now provides a little bit more information regarding the "FEELS LIKE" and "AVERAGES."

Attachments

• IMG_1280.jpeg
    IMG_1280.jpeg
    539.4 KB · Views: 144

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Man, the Control Center in dark mode is just an absolute beaut!

Attachments

• IMG_9874.jpeg
    IMG_9874.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 180

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I’m not sure if this counts or not, printing seems a lot more reliable on iOS 18. I regularly print from my iphone, it seems like before every other document would fail half way through the job or just not print at all. Havent had any printing issues with 18 so far.

Reactions: gwhizkids

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
2 improved things:

1) enhanced Medical ID
Post in thread 'iOS 18 Beta 1 ― Bug Fixes, Changes, and Improvements'
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...hanges-and-improvements.2428679/post-33223235

2) If user receive a message via Messages, Telegram, Messenger, Signal it can be answered way faster from Notification Center or Lock Screen - press and hold it opens Answer text box just over the keyboard
(I think preciously there was pop up with actions to choose)

IMG_4401.png

P.S. I think it was not a thread for 🐛 bugs? Anyways if posted and reported - please share Feedback ID number, referring to another report can help them and us testing it.

Let’s make life easier for their testers, devs and future generations of this iOS users :0

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I’m not sure if this counts or not, printing seems a lot more reliable on iOS 18. I regularly print from my iphone, it seems like before every other document would fail half way through the job or just not print at all. Havent had any printing issues with 18 so far.
That counts!

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I still don't understand after over a decade now we are still limited to 9 icons in a folder
Agreed. I'd love a load of little icons like they show in the app library.

They could get rid of the app library for all I care, as I never use it. Just give me those cute lil icons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.