Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ansath

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 9, 2018
And only to US users when 18 comes out. So most likely not for us beta testers worldwide! 😬
Actually English US, so it’s language setting based, not region from the way it’s phrased. So might find if you’re set to EN-US, you’ll have access. Like how live voicemail works for people if they change it to that setting, when it’s not necessarily supported on other language settings.

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

tomtad

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2015
Go into edit mode/jiggle mode on the Home Screen, tap edit at the top left, tap customize, then tap small (to bring back icon labels) or large (to get rid of icon labels).

Beyond me why this isn’t in the Home Screen section of Settings

Reactions: Dj64Mk7

kwandrews

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
Colorado, USA
New find today that I haven't seen in the forums yet, maybe I missed it. In iO18 TV remote, the physical volume up/down buttons on the iPhone now control the volume of the AppleTV if using HomePods as the speakers. I have a stereo pair of the mini's in my bedroom and discovered this one by accident :) A great feature!

Reactions: hxlover904

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
IMG_7319.png

Don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned anywhere else but the action panel in Shortcuts has been redesigned yet again. (Or maybe it was redesigned in 17 and I didn’t notice because of how infrequently I use the app.)

Reactions: addamas

Fliesen

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
Austria
Would anyone be so nice as to post the available Calendar Widgets in iOS 18.

The main reason i still have to use Fantastical is that there's no "month calendar" widget that also shows the dots / heatmap for which days already have events. And maybe even one (medium sized widget) that shows the events right next to the month view.

Like so:

A0ymCoW.jpeg

Reactions: Populus

ps3zocker

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2012

The main reason i still have to use Fantastical is that there's no "month calendar" widget that also shows the dots / heatmap for which days already have events. And maybe even one (medium sized widget) that shows the events right next to the month view.

Like so:

A0ymCoW.jpeg
Nothing changed in the regard in iOS 18.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
New find today that I haven't seen in the forums yet, maybe I missed it. In iO18 TV remote, the physical volume up/down buttons on the iPhone now control the volume of the AppleTV if using HomePods as the speakers. I have a stereo pair of the mini's in my bedroom and discovered this one by accident :) A great feature!
This has been in place for a while. I see this on iOS and on Apple TV running 17.5.1

Reactions: GeneticBloom

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Running shortcuts from the lockscreen as is now natively supported is much faster than doing this through Lockflow. I have one to open my garage door app (as Chamberlain refuses to provide a shortcut or app intent to allow this through the Home app :mad: ). With Lockflow, it first opens the Shortcuts app and then executes the shortcut. With the new direct method, it executes the shortcut directly. Probably going to be removing Lockflow unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: addamas

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008

Like so:

A0ymCoW.jpeg
I’m in the same boat. Using fantastical for this very widget. They made zero changes to the stock calendar widgets in iOS 18

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
View attachment 2390459 Is this new? I was setting a specific tone (Messages) for a contact and noticed this but I don’t remember it being there before

I think this is new. Two observations about it: one, it will somewhat track the Apple Intelligence notifications feature that will surface what it thinks are important notifications to the top of the list. Secondly, this will make focus modes easier to implement if you don’t have to pick the same person every time as a permitted contact. There is almost no situation where I wouldn't want my wife or kids to be able to reach me, so that could be useful.

JFLECHUGA

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2021
León (Spain)
For those (including me) who don't know where to configure Emergency Bypass:

Enable Emergency Bypass for phone calls

1.- Open the Contacts application and select the contact/person you want to include in the whitelist of Silence and Focus mode restrictions.

2.- Select Edit in the upper right corner.

3.- Tap the Ringtone field.

4.- Activate Emergency Bypass.

5.- Made in the upper right corner.

6.- You should see a message "Emergency cancellation activated" in the "Calltone" field. Done again in the upper right corner to save the changes.

👍:cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Natya Sadella
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.