Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

LockOn2B

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2023
While I do like the dark mode app icons, it also darkens the home screen. Now many of my wallpapers are too dark. A white wallpaper looks gray. This only occurs with the dark mode icons enabled.
When you go into the customization view, there’s a sun icon you can tap to set your wallpaper back to light/regular mode. I believe it’s on the left

Reactions: Ledsteplin

Lotsacaffine

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2024
Something nice I’ve noticed is that when you are on a call and receive another call, it appears in the Dynamic Island instead of immediately taking over the full screen and covering up the current call controls. Tapping the incoming call banner inverts the layout so the current call moves to the Dynamic Island. Neat!

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    283.7 KB · Views: 189

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I need someone to test a very specific, I’d say niche feature, to see if it gained text transcription on iOS/iPadOS 18.

It involves screen recording. That button you can put in Control Center, that allows you to record your screen, it also allows you to record your screen AND external sound.

To enable the microphone input, once you put the screen recording button on Control Center, you just have to long press it, then enable the microphone touching the round icon that will turn red.

What I want you to test, is if there’s a way to get a text transcript of the audio recorded while recording the screen. But the audio recorded through the screen recording feature, of course, not voice notes.

If anyone could test this for me, I’d be interested to know. Thank you.

FireFish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
I need someone to test a very specific, I’d say niche feature, to see if it gained text transcription on iOS/iPadOS 18.

It involves screen recording. That button you can put in Control Center, that allows you to record your screen, it also allows you to record your screen AND external sound.

To enable the microphone input, once you put the screen recording button on Control Center, you just have to long press it, then enable the microphone touching the round icon that will turn red.

What I want you to test, is if there’s a way to get a text transcript of the audio recorded while recording the screen. But the audio recorded through the screen recording feature, of course, not voice notes.

If anyone could test this for me, I’d be interested to know. Thank you.
I’ll do it for a fee

• Haha
Reactions: Populus

FireFish

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
This works on iPhone 15 too 😉
I was referring to me upgrading my iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max, which I did, and now which I’m regretting after reading that Apple is delaying apple intelligence yet again.

i’m running 18.1 with Apple Intelligence enabled, and I gotta say it’s even dumber than Siri

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I was referring to me upgrading my iPhone 13 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max, which I did, and now which I’m regretting after reading that Apple is delaying apple intelligence yet again.

i’m running 18.1 with Apple Intelligence enabled, and I gotta say it’s even dumber than Siri

What is this “delaying Apple Intelligence yet again” comment? Apple made zero promises of when this was going to launch other than “this year” for the features in 18.1 and the Mail sorting thing. The Siri stuff was always going to come next year. And I don’t believe they ever said when the Genmoji and Image Playground features would appear other than during the iOS 18 lifecycle.

Domadia_Jasmine

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2017
I have a 15 PM & just installed iOS 18 beta 8, if I install 18.1, I can go back to beta 8 if 18.1 is not stable?

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I wish they’d flip the „ask for passcode“ window and „try FaceID again“ window when you have locked an App with FaceID.

Right now it shows you the passcode option first and you need to do an extra step by pressing „cancel“ on the keyboard to get asked for FaceID again. Instead they’d show you the big try again right away.

This mostly bothers me when I am still half asleep in the morning 😅

Minor but annoying

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I’ve realized that now on iPadOS 18, the iCloud tabs offer a “preview”, but I don’t quite like it, it just occupies more space. I guess it’s the same on iOS 18… and I guess it can’t be reverted to the iOS 17 more compact appearance, right?

For those of you who use iCloud tabs on the beta, do you like this change?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.