Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Aliknos

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
That assumes that it’s real data occupying that storage. The bug is frequently that available storage is being misreported.
Hmmm it’s tricky. On iPhone storage it still shows that I have like 2gbs available but if I go and download something (100mb app) it says that there’s not enough storage available.

before Going on the beta I had backed up on iCloud with iOS 17 but then I forgot automatic backup turned on so my back up is now from yesterday, on iOS 18 😓 I only fear for my Apple Watch settings and health data. To restore from iOS 18 backup I have to totally erase everything, update to beta, then erase settings and restore from backup right? Won’t that reintroduce all the problems though?

EDIT: It becomes even weirder because it says the cache is 32,8 GB but my poor little iPhone 12 is only 64GB and I’m faiiiirly confident that I was a long way from having 32gb free for this bug to eat. What the heck lol

Last edited:

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
Hmm, you guys have this bug (or is this intended feature)?

Open up your Settings, hit AirPods Max, accessibility, tone volume.

I cant set it lower than 19%, when dragged to 0% and going back to previous window and then back to Accessibility window tone volume resets itself back to 19%.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
15 ProMax
Mail

In Mail I have two accounts; iCloud and Gmail.
While going through things looking for a cause of the resurrected badge issue, I realized that iCloud in Mail is showing the wrong unread count. It was off by one. The count was one less than actual. I took it down to one unread email and the count shows blank while when opening the account there is one still unread.

Tried reboot to no effect.

I opened the account and let it sit, open. After just over four minutes it matched. So I sent several mails to my iCloud mail account and sure enough, same issue. Same fix.

Hoping this is a server side problem. See what I get tomorrow. If the same I’ll file a FB.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Are you planning on keeping your device for 4-5 years and not wanting to replace the battery?
Then it makes sense. 👍
I usually keep my phone 3-4 years and then replace it if something else does not force me to do so earlier.
To be honest, I was curious to check out the 80% battery limit feature and see where will that bring me. Before I've had used the battery charging optimisation on my 12 Pro Max and after 2 3/4 year and daily charging (during the night and while driving) I passed it down to my mom with 84% battery and haven't replaced it yet.

But I get that someone who is more productive with his phone or games a lot may find it counterproductive to have the phone charged to 80% only. My pick is that it's good that there is a choice on the way how to charge the battery. I just don't agree on what Rob9874 said, that they are teaching us a counterproductive behaviour.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
I usually keep my phone 3-4 years and then replace it if something else does not force me to do so earlier.
To be honest, I was curious to check out the 80% battery limit feature and see where will that bring me. Before I've had used the battery charging optimisation on my 12 Pro Max and after 2 3/4 year and daily charging (during the night and while driving) I passed it down to my mom with 84% battery and haven't replaced it yet.

But I get that someone who is more productive with his phone or games a lot may find it counterproductive to have the phone charged to 80% only. My pick is that it's good that there is a choice on the way how to charge the battery. I just don't agree on what Rob9874 said, that they are teaching us a counterproductive behaviour.

I can definitely see that point. Mine usually seldom get beyond the 1-2 year cycle - Someone in the family needs a gift device. That said, my 15PM is primarily for work related stuff and gets far less use than my main device. I charge nightly to 100% (wired) and since Oct 2023 has only seen 68 cycles still at 100%.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Any long time iPhone 13 Pro users here who upgraded to iOS 18 DB 1? How's the battery life?

I really don't like the changes made to the Photos app and Control Center but my recent battery experience on iOS 17.5.1 makes me want to jump to iOS 18 DB 1

I also checked the experience of other users running iOS 17.6 DB/PB 1 and battery life seems to be the same with iOS 17.5.1

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Any long time iPhone 13 Pro users here who upgraded to iOS 18 DB 1? How's the battery life?

I really don't like the changes made to the Photos app and Control Center but my recent battery experience on iOS 17.5.1 makes me want to jump to iOS 18 DB 1

I also checked the experience of other users running iOS 17.6 DB/PB 1 and battery life seems to be the same with iOS 17.5.1

If battery is the only reason I would stay where you are at. Betas have been known to be all over the place. Usually not for the better ;)

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
iPad Pro 11 M4 & 15 ProMax
Safari

Not sure what is going on with Safari but the bookmark icons are coming and going. Sometimes they show, others, partially show, or not at all - see attached.

Killing Safari and hard reboot have no effect. Seems almost random.

UPDATE: FB13998701

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Reactions: addamas

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
iPad Pro 11 M4
Safari

Not sure what is going on with Safari but the bookmark icons are coming and going. Sometimes they show, others, partially show, or not at all - see attached.

Killing Safari and hard reboot have no effect. Seems almost random.
Stays all the time correct on my 11pro.
Edit: just noticed it’s about IPadOS, dude wrong forum :D

But I have blinking show when scrolling up and down by all the pages (cards) on each of Cards Groups or on main one. But this bookmarks page is always ok 🤣

Reported as: FB13987396

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Stays all the time correct on my 11pro.
Edit: just noticed it’s about IPadOS, dude wrong forum :D

But I have blinking show when scrolling up and down by all the pages (cards) on each of Cards Groups or on main one. But this bookmarks page is always ok 🤣

Reported as: FB13987396

View attachment 2390753

Thanks for pointing that out. Issue also on my 15PM.

I am wondering if Safari, for whatever reason checks the links associated with the bookmarks.
I went through to all the ones that were not updated and found that after opening them and loading the page the icon came back or it was a dead link I then removed. This took care of most. I am still seeing the occasional one that came back then vanishes (greys out) again. This is happening on both devices; iPad and iPhone.

FB13998701

• Love
Reactions: addamas

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Never had this issue before in any beta. My battery has been excellent longevity since I installed the beta on day one. Since a couple of days ago, it started draining twice as fast as previously. I can understand starting out with bad battery on a beta, but not good battery that goes bad after 10 days. No indication under the battery stats of anything amiss , Oh well,, beta two on Tuesday.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Never had this issue before in any beta. My battery has been excellent longevity since I installed the beta on day one. Since a couple of days ago, it started draining twice as fast as previously. I can understand starting out with bad battery on a beta, but not good battery that goes bad after 10 days. No indication under the battery stats of anything amiss , Oh well,, beta two on Tuesday.
I've seen a new posts where people said their phones ran great for the first few days, and then started draining battery, stuttering etc. Some people also had issues with their phone's memory filling up with unknown system stuff.

I only stayed on 18 for a day before having to go back to 17 due to an email issue. Looking forward to trying again on Monday, despite the fact that betas 2 and 3 are often worse than the first one. Beta 1 is usually just some well tested core changes, and hoping everything else continues to work. The subsequent couple of betas throw some more new things into the mix with a "fingers crossed" attitude from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.