Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Not sure if mentioned…I’m really trying to keep up here…swiping away a web page in Safari is just not clean. There is basically little to no animation, especially when there is only one page open.

They used to very visibly swipe to the left and be gone. I’m sure it will be fixed, but can’t believe no one has mentioned yet.

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
Not sure if mentioned…I’m really trying to keep up here…swiping away a web page in Safari is just not clean. There is basically little to no animation, especially when there is only one page open.

They used to very visibly swipe to the left and be gone. I’m sure it will be fixed, but can’t believe no one has mentioned yet.

I think animations in safari are a lot worse than in 17.5, especially when swiping on address bar to open a new tab, it often bugs out and opens tab switcher instead. And closing tabs feels a lot more "unconvenient" than before. I wish there was an option to choose list view in tab switcher view.

If you only have one tab open, closing it by swiping it to the left doesnt work right. You need to be spot on to make it work. It worked a lot better in 17.5. For now I just push and hold the tab icon and then close tab even though it takes like a second longer.

Reactions: Mr. Awesome

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I’m due an upgrade in September which will be massive both hardware and software by the looks of things coming up from my 14 Pro.
ooo aren't you posh. I might upgrade from my base 11. However, as most of the AI stuff isn't coming until next year anyway, I may see if I can survive til the 17 comes out.

iLuddite

Suspended
Oct 9, 2023
I don’t want to have to buy another new phone in September again, but my 15pm is already down to 90% battery health so I may need to.
Bruh.. My iPhone 15 (acquired one month after launch) is still at 100% capacity although I always use the 80% charge limit.

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

fakestrawberryflavor

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2021
I think animations in safari are a lot worse than in 17.5, especially when swiping on address bar to open a new tab, it often bugs out and opens tab switcher instead. And closing tabs feels a lot more "unconvenient" than before. I wish there was an option to choose list view in tab switcher view.

If you only have one tab open, closing it by swiping it to the left doesnt work right. You need to be spot on to make it work. It worked a lot better in 17.5. For now I just push and hold the tab icon and then close tab even though it takes like a second longer.
I was today years old when I learned that you could swipe up on the address bar to open a new tab, and don’t have to hit the squares 😳

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
I was today years old when I learned that you could swipe up on the address bar to open a new tab, and don’t have to hit the squares 😳

Swiping up brings up tab switcher, swiping right opens a new tab. :)

And swiping from the middle to right or left, you can switch between open tabs.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Had this happen twice today.

I have a small video, in the area of a minute long, that I want to share from Photos via email.
I have had issues with both Mail and Proton Mail.

If I cancel the email before sending, the operation becomes stuck (see attached).
Even if you wait, it just sits there. Tried for as long as 5 minutes.

FB13963130

Attachments

• IMG_5851.jpeg
    IMG_5851.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 54
Reactions: Brachaci

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Swiping up brings up tab switcher, swiping right opens a new tab. :)

And swiping from the middle to right or left, you can switch between open tabs.
I am also today years old and learning this! I can’t do the second gesture (swiping right to open a new tab): it just switches between existing open tabs (i.e., your last gesture).

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

13paul13

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2019
I am also today years old and learning this! I can’t do the second gesture (swiping right to open a new tab): it just switches between existing open tabs (i.e., your last gesture).
It’s swipe left on the address bar to open a new tab (from right of screen to the left 👈). If you have multiple open tabs, it will switch to the next open tab and a new tab will only open when you’re at the end of your open tabs.

Reactions: gwhizkids

douglasb7

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2007
iPhone 14 P bottom speaker stopped working after iOS 18 beta one install any thoughts or idea ideas?

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
Bruh.. My iPhone 15 (acquired one month after launch) is still at 100% capacity although I always use the 80% charge limit.
Are they teaching a behavior that is counterproductive? What good is a 100% capacity if we're not charging it past 80% anyway? Why not charge to 100% daily, reducing the risk of the battery dying by the end of the day, and after 2 years your capacity is down to 85%? Still more than limiting charging to 80%.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
This morning I experienced the 2nd incident of this happening: picked up my phone off the wireless charger when I woke up, and saw a black screen with a small spinning circle, like it was shutting down. Then it came back to life, but my home screen icons were all rearranged.

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
Are they teaching a behavior that is counterproductive? What good is a 100% capacity if we're not charging it past 80% anyway? Why not charge to 100% daily, reducing the risk of the battery dying by the end of the day, and after 2 years your capacity is down to 85%? Still more than limiting charging to 80%.
I have the 80% battery limit enabled since the day I bought (Nov 2023) and I do rarely end up my day with the battery below 20%, usually it's somewhere between 30-50%. 142 Cycles and battery health at 100%. I get that YMMV, but in general I see people having similar experiences like me both iOS and Android users.

Reactions: iLuddite

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
I have the 80% battery limit enabled since the day I bought (Nov 2023) and I do rarely end up my day with the battery below 20%, usually it's somewhere between 30-50%. 142 Cycles and battery health at 100%. I get that YMMV, but in general I see people having similar experiences like me both iOS and Android users.

Are you planning on keeping your device for 4-5 years and not wanting to replace the battery?
Then it makes sense. 👍

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.