Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
I really wish that apple would allow us seperate this item box as individual icons:

I sent apple suggestion, feedback ID FB13932599.

View attachment 2389457

There’s a couple from there separate, but I wish I could have WiFi, VPN & Bluetooth as their own ones.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 21.26.05.jpeg

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

This person on X claims that RCS is working for them and they have screenshots. It doesn’t seem to be working for me. Maybe the screenshots are fake or maybe it’s only working for some. I recommend some of you check yours.

If you look at his screenshot it says SMS on the screen.

btw - between my S24Ultra and 15 ProMax, RCS is not currently active on the iOS side.

Reactions: Speedman100

dario1326

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014
Since I've installed iOS 18 on my iPhone 15 Pro Max my HomePods began playing music randomly. its so annoyinggggggggggggg! argh.
This has been happening to my HomePod minis as well. I think it has been happening since 17.5 but now more frequently.

Master of Tragedy

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
IOS 18 was running fine on my iPhone 14 Pro Max for a week.
All of a sudden it’s completely unusable now. Rebooting every 2 minutes. No matter what I do and even if I’m not using any app. It gets terribly slow and than reboots.
Any idea what this might be and how to fix it?

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
IOS 18 was running fine on my iPhone 14 Pro Max for a week.
All of a sudden it’s completely unusable now. Rebooting every 2 minutes. No matter what I do and even if I’m not using any app. It gets terribly slow and than reboots.
Any idea what this might be and how to fix it?
Interesting, I was the first person that I saw experience this but you're now the third person I've seen mention this happening. No idea what causes it. The only way I could fix it was to restore the phone.

Paddle1

macrumors 603
May 1, 2013
[emoji code removed] User name on point…
I'm genuinely curious if it's the forum software, iOS 18, or Tapatalk that's causing this problem. Very strange. Whatever the cause, hopefully it can be fixed quickly.

Simon89

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2015
Yorkshire, UK
Is anyone just getting the padlock on the lockscreen? I've recently re-enabled the always on display on my 15 Pro but I don't seem to be getting any clock now even after a reboot
IMG_0441.jpeg

Reactions: wilderkun

octet

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
For those with IMAP mail issues, easiest fix is to use MS Outlook app, works perfectly fine. Checking the dovecot / postfix server logs, it doesn't look like the client reaches the server to ask for authentication. Could be because it can't handle the SSL / TLS properly.

Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
For those with IMAP mail issues, easiest fix is to use MS Outlook app, works perfectly fine. Checking the dovecot / postfix server logs, it doesn't look like the client reaches the server to ask for authentication. Could be because it can't handle the SSL / TLS properly.
I don't like Outlook. It doesn't present a clean enough interface for me.

Plus, most importantly, it can't handle multiple email addresses attached to the same account, which is very common for anyone who has their own domain.

It works as a stop-gap though.

Reactions: smokedotter

zbugrkx

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2020
2 HomePod minis and 2 originals. They were all compatible with 17.5. But I. Getting an error page now. Anyone else getting this?
page is loading fine for me on the mini but its still on whatever 17.5 build was last available as "beta". Unless you found a way to load the dev build on it?

juice3250

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
Unbelievable that they haven't offered this yet, with the iPhone getting so much bigger. I use a Galaxy S23 plus for work and this feature comes in so handy all the time.

Plus they’ve got all of this wasted space down here. Surely they can find another place to stick emoji and voice buttons

View attachment 2388604

I completely agree. This is what makes typing on iOS difficult to get used to coming from android a few months ago.

fiftofar

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2019
Australia
Interesting, I was the first person that I saw experience this but you're now the third person I've seen mention this happening. No idea what causes it. The only way I could fix it was to restore the phone.
I also was having the same issue, unresponsive, crashing, stuttering, hitching, rebooting, etc. sometimes would have it sitting with nothing running on charge and i would hear the charge connect sound from it rebooting. 13 Pro Max, nothing specific triggered the issue, just happened everywhere doing anything and seemed to get worse as time went on, plenty free storage too (1TB model with like 150GB used).
Tried reinstalling using the 18 beta iPSW, made no difference, was planning to just downgrade to 17.5.

A couple hours ago I accidentally dropped my metal water bottle on the phone from a fair height, completely smashed the front and rear. (yes I had a screen protector and case on, I also have AppleCare+)
Have had pretty bad luck recently =(
Will be sticking with 17.5 for a little bit post repair.

• Sad
Reactions: Paddle1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.