Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Since I've installed iOS 18 on my iPhone 15 Pro Max my HomePods began playing music randomly. its so annoyinggggggggggggg! argh.
For me, the camera began opening randomly. I thought it might have been because I used Vocal Controls to set up an open camera “word” (“Cam”). I disabled that specific command and then Vocal Controls altogether when I started getting the random camera app openings. But it kept happening and I eventually had to reinstall iOS 18 and a reset all settings command. Very, very painful to have to re-set everything up…. I hope you can clear your issue up without needing to do that.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Here’s a strange thing that I’m seeing today. There’s a whole different behavior when it come to Play Next in the music app. The two screenshots are taken one day apart. Yesterday I had the option to Play Last with the name of whatever that last song is going to be. Whereas today I’m just seeing the option to Add to Queue. A totally different thing than yesterday. Any ideas?

View attachment 2388199
And today it’s back to the Play After option… can’t figure out for the life of me what’s causing this.

Attachments

• IMG_9840.png
    IMG_9840.png
    574.3 KB · Views: 57
Reactions: Premium1

macrulezz

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
For me, the camera began opening randomly. I thought it might have been because I used Vocal Controls to set up an open camera “word” (“Cam”). I disabled that specific command and then Vocal Controls altogether when I started getting the random camera app openings. But it kept happening and I eventually had to reinstall iOS 18 and a reset all settings command. Very, very painful to have to re-set everything up…. I hope you can clear your issue up without needing to do that.
I just made a clean install of 17.5.1 and then to iOS 18. No backup restored. Now silence reins, let's see until when. Lol

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
After being okay for a few days, I got an Instagram notification while listening to music through the Iphone speakers…volume of music was reduced during notification and then doesn’t return. Have to close the music app and reopen to hear at the correct volume.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Been playing around with Photos today. Photos App.
I feel as if this is a change just to change things. Maybe Apple has something planned to enhance this however at this stage I have photos, videos, downloads, screenshots, scans, etc… With this new setup, trying to keep things straight and access them Apple makes it convoluted. Adding additional steps to accomplish what we could simpler.

Btw - I have yet to get my 15PM to actually take a 48MP photo. 12 and 24 no problem. Nothing is showing as 48 in info or size. Playing some more ;)

JMO YOMV

Yes, spellcheck still sucks.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
If they can obviously work on apps individually now, why do they still insist on tying their built-in apps to an OS update? Why can’t they just update their apps like any app on the AppStore whenever it’s ready? I don’t get it. Google been doing it for years
Microsoft, too.

macrulezz

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2011
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Been playing around with Photos today. Photos App.
I feel as if this is a change just to change things. Maybe Apple has something planned to enhance this however at this stage I have photos, videos, downloads, screenshots, scans, etc… With this new setup, trying to keep things straight and access them Apple makes it convoluted. Adding additional steps to accomplish what we could simpler.

Btw - I have yet to get my 15PM to actually take a 48MP photo. 12 and 24 no problem. Nothing is showing as 48 in info or size. Playing some more ;)

JMO YOMV

Yes, spellcheck still sucks.
i thought that the new photo app is kind of mess. difficult to find the favorites photos album.

H3LL5P4WN

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2010
Pittsburgh PA
I think I may have found a bug. I started running into an issue where Messages would not save a photo to Photos. I had to force close both before the save button would disappear and the image would finally make its way over to Photos.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
Was playing around doing some camera shots on my 15PM and iPad P11M4.

Had the camera app crash 2x on the iPad. No specific Analytics entry but there were two Jetsam event with a very very close time stamp.

Also on the iPad, I am seeing intermittent Safari tab lock ups. Had a couple this morning.

On the 15PM side, had the Reddit app crash in the midst of posting with a corresponding Analytics entry. Just the one.

On a side note, maybe someone has a bit of knowledge, haven’t use Siri this morning on anything yet I have about a page and a half of Siri Search Feedback entries (see attached for an example). All entries are the same type.

Aside from this, things are working sort of well on both for a beta 1.

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpeg
    IMG_0700.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: adrianlondon

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Windows 10, iTunes 12.13.2.3 [not the Microsoft Store version]

Tried DFU mode on iPhone 13 Pro to restore iOS 18 DB 1 but it asked for a newer version of iTunes...

As of this time, there is nothing newer than iTunes 12.13.2.3

macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro 2015

I don't have a spare flash drive to install newer versions of macOS and I don't want to upgrade the current installed macOS through App Store download...

I instead DFU to iOS 17.5.1 even though I wanted iOS 18 DB 1

Has anyone tried and was successful in restoring iOS 18 DB 1 on macOS Big Sur or newer?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Windows 10, iTunes 12.13.2.3 [not the Microsoft Store version]

Tried DFU mode on iPhone 13 Pro to restore iOS 18 DB 1 but it asked for a newer version of iTunes...

As of this time, there is nothing newer than iTunes 12.13.2.3

macOS Catalina on MacBook Pro 2015

I don't have a spare flash drive to install newer versions of macOS and I don't want to upgrade the current installed macOS through App Store download...

I instead DFU to iOS 17.5.1 even though I wanted iOS 18 DB 1

Has anyone tried and was successful in restoring iOS 18 DB 1 on macOS Big Sur or newer?
I restored it the other day on Sonoma. No issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.