Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Mr. Awesome

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2016
Idaho, USA
Doesn't it seem like wallet should NOT be a feature that can be enabled that way from the Lock Screen? Not too much security risk turning on your flashlight. A whole lot more risk opening your wallet app.
You can already open wallet from the Lock Screen by double clicking the side button. All this is is another way to access it. You still need Face ID authentication.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
thats not a topo map
Apple Map on Left, true Topo Map on Right

Topo is short for Topography...or the elevations/countours of the ground. Its not a Topo map if it doesnt display elevations
Seeing this in iPadOS 18. Cracking.

IMG_0341.jpeg

IMG_0342.jpeg

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Tried to search but it failed. I’m about nine pages behind so apologies if this has been mentioned but I’m having major issues with iMessage.

I can’t send any sort of media. Pictures fail and have to be send via text message. I’ve deactivated iMessage several times and rarely does re-registering the phone number work. I also did a full reboot and that fixed it for a bit but it came right back.

Ansath

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2018
ok, so its very limited areas then. I see that now as well...but not even in every National Park. Yosemite doesnt have Topo data yet
Yea, makes sense. It’s like other map features, takes time to roll out more areas, as it’s a LOT of work.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Yea, makes sense. It’s like other map features, takes time to roll out more areas, as it’s a LOT of work.
This one strikes me as not quite as much work. In most developed countries, this data already exists in national data sets. Here in the US, the US Geological Survey has all of it at very high resolution already. It's "just"* a matter of keying the map correctly to depict elevation changes. It's not like they need to incorporate additional POI data, etc...

*I realize that nothing involving the deployment of mapping data is easy. But this would seem to be orders of magnitude easier than, say, implementing LookAround or blurring people and other identifying info.

AppleIssueDammit

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2024
I've been using the phone in beta for a few days, and haven't had many potential problems. But today, I tried to charge the phone when the btty was low and it won't charge. At first I thought it was a cable problem, but I used it with the Airpods, and apparently the charger works fine.

The phone has turned off, because it has run out off. To my surprise, The charger DOES work. But only when is off.

Any help?

Reactions: Hitmanbbq59

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
For music I use YouTube Music on many 15PM. I use Air Pods Pro 2 (not on beta)

Spent some time listening and messing with it.

Issues:
YT would only display 28 of the 116 songs in my playlist. Took several load/kill/load to get is to finally display all 116. Count was right but the actual list was truncated.
Next the APP2 sounded bad,. Songs, even heavy bass, sounded hollow / muffled. Classical to pop to dance to heavy rock. Swapped to my S24U using Nothing 2a buds and the sound was night and day with the same playlist. The APP2 on the 15PM was seriously lacking.
APP2 was set on Noise Cancellation and off and on the sound from a show on the TV my wife was watching would come through like it was shifting to Transparency or Off.
Will keep an eye on this in future betas.

UPDATE: checked and same sound issue on my iPad Pro 11 M4. No issue with displaying the list though.

Last edited:

simba4

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2016
Bulgaria
Looks like while switching from light to dark and vise versa, and not touching the phone, when start using it the notifications are stuck somehow for a second and are squared.
The behavior is not visible every time.

Reactions: redbeard331

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
This one strikes me as not quite as much work. In most developed countries, this data already exists in national data sets. Here in the US, the US Geological Survey has all of it at very high resolution already. It's "just"* a matter of keying the map correctly to depict elevation changes. It's not like they need to incorporate additional POI data, etc...

*I realize that nothing involving the deployment of mapping data is easy. But this would seem to be orders of magnitude easier than, say, implementing LookAround or blurring people and other identifying info.
Agreed. It’s not like they have to take fresh data. It already exists and they have access to it.

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
It is a mess. And I let them know in the Feedback app. You can sort by "Recently added". That's close I guess. LOL
Hoping you‘ve filed a feedback on the issue surrounding your posts. (I presume you use a 3rd party app to post in here? Tapatalk maybe?) The way it shows for the rest of us is really a mess. 🤣

Reactions: Premium1

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
I want numbers line on my keyboard, and I also want an option to move emoji icon from left side to the right side. I very often accidentally click on it and its infuriating, that I just disable emoji button and use ascii emojies.

One reason why I love Samsung phones is that they have number line on keyboard, they have special characters, and they have emoji button located above the numbers line. Its these small things that make something a lot more enjoyable to use. I wish Apple would give us some more options to customize.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.