Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Still getting annoying control center bug where if you change landscape majority of the toggles vanish, appear when in portrait… one of the betas did fix this but broke again

Reactions: BrightCanon

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Too early to pass final judgement as there’ll still be stuff happening in the background…

My 15 Pro Max is running warm this morning and lost nearly 10% battery in less than an hour!

Attachments

• IMG_9108.jpeg
    IMG_9108.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 52
  • Sad
Reactions: Stiille

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Does Apple proactively encourage iOS 18 upgrades now with the RC? A friend of mine is an app developer who refuses to upgrade to iOS 18 beta builds, they just checked their App and had iOS 18 show up as a normal update WITHOUT any beta opted into?

Maybe Apple detects that you‘re a registered developer who is not on the 18 seed yet and proactively prompts them to upgrade to 18 RC for testing their apps? Some rare souls without iOS 18 who can verify if it also happens for them?

And no, they did not change any beta updates setting (was off and they didn‘t turn on, just showed up like this).

image0.jpeg

podycust

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2017
Does Apple proactively encourage iOS 18 upgrades now with the RC? A friend of mine is an app developer who refuses to upgrade to iOS 18 beta builds, they just checked their App and had iOS 18 show up as a normal update WITHOUT any beta opted into?

Maybe Apple detects that you‘re a registered developer who is not on the 18 seed yet and proactively prompts them to upgrade to 18 RC for testing their apps? Some rare souls without iOS 18 who can verify if it also happens for them?

And no, they did not change any beta updates setting (was off and they didn‘t turn on, just showed up like this).

must have at some point selected the beta as before I did just now it just said 17.6.1 was up to date

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Seeing Carrier Updates for

Germany
• Vodafone.de - 59.0
• O2-DE - 59.0.1
Switzerland
• Sunrise - 59.0

(first page updated)
Vodafone.de has been at 59.0 for several betas here, it‘s not new.
must have at some point selected the beta as before I did just now it just said 17.6.1 was up to date
He never had any beta seed selected due to having to support an App on iOS 17. Told him he should hop on the 18 train for weeks already but he hasn‘t budged.
Also, if you switch back to off, the beta builds vanished instantly from that screen (at least they did here when I toggled seeds).

BrightCanon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
RC is running very smooth on my 15 Plus. No heat at all. Moving controls in Control Center is super wonky but besides that is been better than 17.6.1 for me.

Reactions: 17fox and James6s

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Also regarding heat: iPhone 15PM still warm to touch and battery life is still mediocre (not as bad as Beta 7 and feels partially better than Beta 8).

All of my annoying bug reports are still there, worst offenders being the dynamic wallpaper glitching to the initial set state on home screens and the absolute teeth grinder issue where you can no longer use the numeric keyboard to input times in the calendar app (keyboard vanishes after first input number). Can‘t believe they ship with these 2 bugs, feels like no one at Apple uses their phones?

Reactions: addamas and James6s

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Performance is great on my 15 Pro Max. Will give it a few days to see how battery life settles down following the update. Not good so far but it’s only been a matter of hours…

Reactions: To_Batistone

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Moving app icons around on the Home Screen is still awkward and a hit or miss like I am trying to have my folders on the last row (above the dock) but they keep moving up unless I move them one by one and then they fly around the screen until I can finally have them stay at the bottom.

Reactions: 17fox

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
RC is running very smooth on my 15 Plus. No heat at all. Moving controls in Control Center is super wonky but besides that is been better than 17.6.1 for me.
I’ve had a similar experience on my iPhone 13 Pro. Overall, the system feels noticeably snappier compared to 17.6.1. The battery life seems more or less the same, but it’s still a bit too early to say for sure

Reactions: ahmede and Simacca

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Are we just thinking Mail unread badges are never going to work again at this point?

sbassios

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2024
i read that on ios18 when we are trying to call a contact via recents have to do 2 steps in order to call. And this because a lot of calls were being made incorrectly...
is there any setting i miss? or never happened?

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
No, thanks for asking, but I will wait until next Monday after the release to public I will see if I need to go to Apple Store

A bummer. You might also have a rogue 3rd party app that has not yet been updated, pending iOS 18 public release.

iPod2001

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2024
f548bfbb2abadc31691b11836f94c88d.jpg

2285622240c1f79cf5e33e335e61a5fb.jpg

18dc0a8c23e36f67fc08e6c3806db842.jpg

This phone has a third party battery in it
I have a replaced screen and battery because I got from a phone repair store , so my question is what happens with that pop up Does the error messages go away ? because at the moment I can't see my battery health and the screen occasionally goes full brightness one in a while and the touch response goes so I have to restart . would that new configure button fix all that you think ?

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
I have a replaced screen and battery because I got from a phone repair store , so my question is what happens with that pop up Does the error messages go away ? because at the moment I can't see my battery health and the screen occasionally goes full brightness one in a while and the touch response goes so I have to restart . would that new configure button fix all that you think ?
If Apple didn't fit the parts the phone will continue to display messages like that for some time longer, or for ever, but battery health will never be shown as third party batteries don't have the proper chips. If the face or touch ID still work you are very fortunate.
I would never buy a "refurbished" phone unless Apple sold it from their refurb site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.