Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

CrispAppleNerd

Suspended
Aug 26, 2024
If I open the MLB app and close it, Live activities starts. Is that what you mean?

Well I had them going through the followed teams in the TV app. I know they were switching over to the sports app, but that doesn’t seem to be working yet.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Well I had them going through the followed teams in the TV app. I know they were switching over to the sports app, but that doesn’t seem to be working yet.
I find the whole Sports in News app, TV app and Apple's Sports app confusing as FK. I thought the TV app only does live activities for the games they broadcast, which is only Friday night games. Otherwise, it throws you into the connected app to watch.

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021

CrispAppleNerd

Suspended
Aug 26, 2024
I find the whole Sports in News app, TV app and Apple's Sports app confusing as FK. I thought the TV app only does live activities for the games they broadcast, which is only Friday night games. Otherwise, it throws you into the connected app to watch.

Naw it was doing live activities for the Braves automatic since iOS 16 update. They said they were going to the sports app, but I can’t get those to work either.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Naw it was doing live activities for the Braves automatic since iOS 16 update. They said they were going to the sports app, but I can’t get those to work either.
For the Sports app, that's coming later in an update. It's definitely not there today.

I think for the TV app, you need to turn on 'More Frequent Updates' in the Live Activities settings section or if it's already on, toggle it off/on again.

Reactions: CrispAppleNerd

CrispAppleNerd

Suspended
Aug 26, 2024
For the Sports app, that's coming later in an update. It's definitely not there today.

I think for the TV app, you need to turn on 'More Frequent Updates' in the Live Activities settings section or if it's already on, toggle it off/on again.

I will give that a try

No luck, but maybe they are just transitioning to the Sports app and it’s not working right now in the TV app.

AZhappyjack

Suspended
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ

Apple's Sports app sucks big time. No live activities from their own app? No widgets? No thanks.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Anyone else’s App Store taking a long time to load? Just started today, I’m assuming it’s a server issue. No indication posted on the status page of course.

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Anyone else’s App Store taking a long time to load? Just started today, I’m assuming it’s a server issue. No indication posted on the status page of course.
Mine started yesterday with that…

(Currently on iOS 18.1 Beta 3. A restart seemed to fix it for the most part)

Reactions: upandown

QuattroRS6

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2020
Germany
Some else has high Cellular Data consumption from the System Services since iOS 18?

I noticed this since iOS 16 that the System Services have a high Consumption (many Threads are here an in the Apple Communites) especially the Software Updates Service. But i have eveything off, from iCloud to the Update Check for new iOS Version, i denieded the AppStore to use mobile Data and all other Things like GameCenter etc...

Since iOS 18 the System Service General (in Germany called "Allgemein") has a Consumption from 20 to 40 MB per Day.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Question: can I now backup my iPhone with the RC and restore to iOS 18 public release, or is it still incompatible?

MakaniKai

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2023
An entire RCS group chat I had created earlier in the beta has disappeared with this latest update :C

• Wow
Reactions: addamas

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Question: can I now backup my iPhone with the RC and restore to iOS 18 public release, or is it still incompatible?

Unless something changes, this is the public release. You will have no issues.

And if there are minuscule changes, they will result in a public release a build or two ahead of the RC. In that case you would have no issue either.

Reactions: Stiille

achappy

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2017
I will give that a try

No luck, but maybe they are just transitioning to the Sports app and it’s not working right now in the TV app.

According to this the Live Activities are being removed from the TV App and transitioned to the Sports App. Since this is a RC, I'm assuming neither will work until they update the Sports App on the 16th (last update for the Sports app was 3W ago). For me Live Activities in the TV app was working util I installed the RC.

Reactions: CrispAppleNerd

CrispAppleNerd

Suspended
Aug 26, 2024
According to this the Live Activities are being removed from the TV App and transitioned to the Sports App. Since this is a RC, I'm assuming neither will work until they update the Sports App on the 16th (last update for the Sports app was 3W ago). For me Live Activities in the TV app was working util I installed the RC.

Thank you for the information! I was looking for that somewhere and could never find it. That is what I suspected was going on.

j2004p

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I searched and found nothing matching this.

Since the RC release has anyone noticed that some icons which had transitioned to Dark Mode have now gone back to light mode. Some of the Microsoft icons have done this (but not all) and an assortment of others which were all dark on the last Public Beta are now light again.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I searched and found nothing matching this.

Since the RC release has anyone noticed that some icons which had transitioned to Dark Mode have now gone back to light mode. Some of the Microsoft icons have done this (but not all) and an assortment of others which were all dark on the last Public Beta are now light again.

I’m going to guess that this is because the RC was probably forked off before the icon changes were made. If that’s the case I’d look for this to be corrected in a 18.0.1 release shortly after the public release.

HouseLannister

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2021
Some of the Microsoft icons have done this (but not all) and an assortment of others which were all dark on the last Public Beta are now light again.
I noticed those ones too. Microsoft has not released any patches to add dark mode icons, so all the changes are on Apple's end. Maybe Apple made it dark and Microsoft asked them to walk it back?

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
I noticed a quite heavy change, in the wrong direction (for me at least) - they removed the „select all“ button from all photos…now again have to select all photos manually …!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.