Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Anyone can tell me where to find the IPSW for iOS 18? Can’t find it from apple, do I have to pay for it?

cruelfoolish

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2024
Lima, Peru
Am I missing something or is it still not possible that the wallpaper darkens itself in dark (UI) mode? (The option to do it manually in the customization sheet is there.) It makes no sense to me that it would not also automatically toggle that. Why would I want a bright wallpaper in dark mode by default? At the same time I don't want a dark wallpaper with light icons.
I also can't believe that Apple hasn't thought about this, I even sent a suggestion through the feedback app.

I hope they add it in a next update because the way it works right now doesn't make sense.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Could anyone on 15 Pro Max please check whether beta 8/this RC has bugged 48 MP output? 48 MP ProRaw appears blurrier and pixelated compared to iOS 17, to the point that the fusion 24 MP output looks the same or even a bit better.

Doing this testing by taking shots outdoors with ProRAW on (48) and then off (24) in the same spot, one after the other, and zooming in all the way to compare on both iPhone and Mac. Feedback was already submitted (FB15111560), just seeing if anyone else can reproduce the issue. I noticed that my ProRAW photos were less sharp a while ago but I was hoping the RC would fix it.

elementalwingma

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
I got tempted to try the RC after having my AirPods Pro 2 update, and although I've had one crash with Music, otherwise it seems pretty stable.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Anyone can tell me where to find the IPSW for iOS 18? Can’t find it from apple, do I have to pay for it?
Developer.apple.com. No you dont have to pay for it. You DO have to register though if you are not already registered.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
Does anyone know if there's a way to quickly access one's Favorites in the new Photos app? The only way I seem to be able to find is actually to search for "Favorites." Shouldn't it be a direct item somewhere?

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Does anyone know if there's a way to quickly access one's Favorites in the new Photos app? The only way I seem to be able to find is actually to search for "Favorites." Shouldn't it be a direct item somewhere?
Add Favorites to the top of the Pinned Collections and move the Pinned Collections to the top under Customize and Reorder.

QuattroRS6

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2020
Germany
Are you using Lyca Mobile? That used exactly 40MB a day for me, never found where it went, Changed provider to fix that.
No, i have a Business Contract from T-Mobile / Telekom Germany. But the 30 - 40 MB every Day are crazy, i have a suspicion that the dynamic Wallpaper is the Reason. With the Astronomy Wallpaper i had some Month ago also a lot of Cellular Data Usage. Now i will try the old Stock-Wallpaper from iOS 17.

chrisf60647

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
on my 15 pro Max, my battery life has been very good. IOS 18 is also snappy...very snappy. Had to reboot after install as my keyboard was not working. In short, the RC has been very good but it's funny how non different it is than 17. 18.1 will be the release to look forward to.

Overall, 18 is working well for me.

Reactions: souko

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
The only issue I am having is the delay while typing with the default iOS keypad. It’s the only one I use. And I feel like I am typing faster than it can keep up and it is rather annoying.
This happens on my iPad and iPhone 13 and has been doing so for years. Not 100% of the time but often enough to be annoying. I've gotten in the habit of dictating messages and emails, works much better for me. Also gets me frustrated enough to swap out to an android device.

68000/030

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2023
Sorry if this has been already brought in, but being on the 15 non pro I have to say the UI animations seem to be smooth again on the 60hz screen (eg compared to iOS 17 on the same phone).

macgeek727

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Still can't add any debt or credits cards to my Apple Wallet. Done every fix for it and have called both Apple and my banks. And the banks even ran some tests on my debt cards and have said that once it pings off their servers and goes back to Apple on my phone it then get declined. BUT for some reason my Apple watch running Watch 11 adds the cards with no problems. my iPhone is a 15 Pro.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Still can't add any debt or credits cards to my Apple Wallet. Done every fix for it and have called both Apple and my banks. And the banks even ran some tests on my debt cards and have said that once it pings off their servers and goes back to Apple on my phone it then get declined. BUT for some reason my Apple watch running Watch 11 adds the cards with no problems. my iPhone is a 15 Pro.

You need to get to someone more senior at Apple than the first level customer support people you get when you call.

starkillers

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2015
Anyone using mirror iPhone notifications on their Mac? Not the actual mirroring of the phone but just mirroring the notifications? Curious if anyone is noticing any impact on battery from this.

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
This does not answer my question where to download the IPSW file…
Well yes it does, it says "select the IPSW file you downloaded from the Apple Developer site." but others beat me to the explanation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.