Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Phreddyl

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2021
East Haven CT
Naw it was doing live activities for the Braves automatic since iOS 16 update. They said they were going to the sports app, but I can’t get those to work either.

I am glad I am not the only one. I really liked how it worked prior to this new update.
Anyone have any luck getting it to work?

XxAnonymousxX

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
Anyone’s Spotify lockscreen widget blank? This happened yesterday out of nowhere. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app, hard reboot and same issue

Attachments

• IMG_3145.png
    IMG_3145.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 42

elementalwingma

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2014
I've had a few instances in which the Music app has become unresponsive for about 30 seconds. I can pause but can't skip forward or backwards.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
View attachment 2417481 Does anyone know if this setting was removed? I came across it on an earlier beta and noticed Siri responses sounded so much better on my car stereo. I can’t seem to find it anymore and the quality has reverted.
It’s still there. Has to be enabled in Developer Settings first (follow the directions in the article you linked). They removed Respond over Phone Speakers though.

IMG_4392.jpeg

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Anyone still using macOS 10.15 Catalina and is able to restore/update using iOS 18.0 RC IPSW?

iTunes for Windows [the exe not the Microsoft Store version] I think is still limited to iOS 17.x

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Although still a little lower than iOS 17, benchmark numbers are higher on the RC version than any of the previous iOS 18 betas. Performance has been great. 15PM.

Attachments

• IMG_9527.jpeg
    IMG_9527.jpeg
    321 KB · Views: 45

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Anyone still using macOS 10.15 Catalina and is able to restore/update using iOS 18.0 RC IPSW?

iTunes for Windows [the exe not the Microsoft Store version] I think is still limited to iOS 17.x

I can do it in Monterey, just needed to install MobileDevice.pkg from the latest X-code beta beforehand.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I can do it in Monterey, just needed to install MobileDevice.pkg from the latest X-code beta beforehand.
I was able to restore the IPSW of 18 RC downloaded from the Dev Portal without installing that, from Monterey. It treated it like a regular stable release, because I didn’t even get the Feedback Assistant app, nor was required to be signed in with my Apple Account.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hey people! I really want to jump to iOS 18 on all my devices, as it has features that I really like, such as the new reminders integration on calendar. There are many others tho.

However, I don’t know if you’re experiencing it as well, transitioning from light mode to dark mode and viceversa is pretty hit or miss. Half of the time, some widgets or app icons remain on the light theme. It is pretty random and annoying. 11” M2 iPad Pro

Do you also experience this bug(s)? It didn’t feel as prominent on the last beta, but on the RC it seems to happen more frequently.

I would send feedback to Apple, but I did a clean install of iOS 18.0 RC and, because it is treated like a final release, it lacks the Feedback Assistant app, so I cannot send them more messages through that app. Although, now that I think about it, there was a web version of the Feedback Assistant app… right?

Crossing my fingers for iOS 18 and macOS 15 to get polished quickly, as I really want to make the jump to the new systems. Once I have my new M4 Mac mini, I’ll have the ability to check my iPhone SE 3 from within the Mac screen! And all the macOS features I’ve been missing since I got stuck on Monterey for 3 years… especially the desktop widgets.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
THANK YOU!

Won’t be able to send the diagnose log, but I guess they will make do with the description I provide and a few screen shots. I don’t think I’m the only one experiencing it.

I still remember, when they introduced dark mode on iPadOS 13, sometimes (20% of the times) apps with a black background such as settings would appear as dark grey instead of black. The bug survived iPadOS 13, 14, and it was even present on 15. At some point they fixed it, because since iPadOS 16 I haven’t seen it again.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait until iPadOS 20 to have this sorted out.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I was able to restore the IPSW of 18 RC downloaded from the Dev Portal without installing that, from Monterey. It treated it like a regular stable release, because I didn’t even get the Feedback Assistant app, nor was required to be signed in with my Apple Account.

Good to know, easier still then.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
THANK YOU!

Won’t be able to send the diagnose log, but I guess they will make do with the description I provide and a few screen shots. I don’t think I’m the only one experiencing it.

I still remember, when they introduced dark mode on iPadOS 13, sometimes (20% of the times) apps with a black background such as settings would appear as dark grey instead of black. The bug survived iPadOS 13, 14, and it was even present on 15. At some point they fixed it, because since iPadOS 16 I haven’t seen it again.

Or from Safari: simply type “applefeedback://“ (no quotes).

Last edited:
Reactions: gank41 and Populus

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Wow! It works! It opens up like a different App although It doesn’t appear on the app switcher. Interesting.

BTW you quoted me twice, no need to reply just so you know it.

EDIT: Done, although I don’t have any screenshot to add… yet

Last edited:

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Find my stops updating your location everything time you restart. You have to stop sharing and re-share with everyone individually. Really annoying. It’ll just show “last updated xx days ago.”

• Sad
Reactions: jtkboston

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
I think people always forget that the Feedback app is included on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS whether you’re on a beta release or an official release.

You can also create a Shortcut to the Feedback app this way and then keep it on your Home Screen.

XxAnonymousxX

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2015
My lockscreen widgets are all now blank. Is this happening to anyone else??

Attachments

• IMG_3146.png
    IMG_3146.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 28

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Wow! It works! It opens up like a different App although It doesn’t appear on the app switcher. Interesting.

BTW you quoted me twice, no need to reply just so you know it.

EDIT: Done, although I don’t have any screenshot to add… yet

I deleted the second quote. I think that happened when I had to save it as a draft.

Thanks!

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Wanted to install with DFU Mode iOS 18 RC, but my 15 PM does always restarts, I am sure I have done everything correct.

Still not working.

I am on 17.6.1 restored, maybe that’s why it’s not working?

17fox

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
Vienna, Austria
Wanted to install with DFU Mode iOS 18 RC, but my 15 PM does always restarts, I am sure I have done everything correct.

Still not working.

I am on 17.6.1 restored, maybe that’s why it’s not working?
You can update through settings app, can’t you?

jazzzyJeff

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2024
THANK YOU!

Doesn’t enabling beta updates in settings bring back the Feedback app?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.