Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
Still can't add any debt or credits cards to my Apple Wallet. Done every fix for it and have called both Apple and my banks. And the banks even ran some tests on my debt cards and have said that once it pings off their servers and goes back to Apple on my phone it then get declined. BUT for some reason my Apple watch running Watch 11 adds the cards with no problems. my iPhone is a 15 Pro.
Are you adding the card from the 'Previous Cards' section or do they show up in that section?
If so, delete the cards in there, give it a minute and try adding the card again as new.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
Anyone using mirror iPhone notifications on their Mac? Not the actual mirroring of the phone but just mirroring the notifications? Curious if anyone is noticing any impact on battery from this.
Haven’t noticed any real battery impact and it even seems to work when iPhone is on cellular and Mac is on WiFi, which is a pleasant surprise

macgeek727

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
You need to get to someone more senior at Apple than the first level customer support people you get when you call.
I did. I got up to as far as I could. still they said the same thing. I have the whole recording and transcript of it. Then they took 2 two days to look at it and came back with go back to your bank and tell them its on their end. I have chatted with the banks twice at this point and all have ran tests and said the same thing. its on apples end. im in a loop at this point. also they took the problem over to the Apple engineers for diagnose.

Last edited:
Reactions: gwhizkids

macgeek727

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Are you adding the card from the 'Previous Cards' section or do they show up in that section?
If so, delete the cards in there, give it a minute and try adding the card again as new.
ya we did EVERYTHING from removing the cards to restarting the network, to even starting my iPhone with a new account on it and wiped clean. I even went back to IOS 17's latest updated IOS and still the same issue.

gwang73

macrumors 68030
Jun 14, 2009
California
ya we did EVERYTHING from removing the cards to restarting the network, to even starting my iPhone with a new account on it and wiped clean. I even went back to IOS 17's latest updated IOS and still the same issue.

Sounds painful.

I have a thought. Apple sent me new T&C's for iCloud on my Mac this morning. Did you get it? Maybe you need to wait to get it if you haven't yet?

If you have another device like a Mac or iPad, have you tried to go into Settings->iCloud and clicking on your iPhone device there, see if the cards are listed there and if so, delete them this way?

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
You need to get them from the apple developer pages, the only official way.
Ok I have the website open, but it only shows me greyed out IPSWs - how I get the IPSW downloaded?
I tried it with my iPhone maybe that’s important too?!
Only works when using computer/mac?

IMG_1183.jpeg

Last edited:

dcp10

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Ok I have the website open, but it only shows me greyed out IPSWs - how I get the IPSW downloaded?
I tried it with my iPhone maybe that’s important too?!
Only works when using computer/mac?

View attachment 2416909

Just curious, you’re in the developer program now so why not just turn on beta updates on your phone and install OTA?

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Issues I’ve encountered in the RC:

• Favicons just reverted to generic letter icons for all my favourites in Safari (after initially working)
  • PDF’s opened in Safari can’t copy highlighted text

Favicons - try closing and reopening Safari. I have had it in previous betas and they repopulated for me once I closed and reopened the browser;

PDFs - the only workaround I found was saving the PDF into Files first and then copying the text from there.

macgeek727

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2011
Sounds painful.

I have a thought. Apple sent me new T&C's for iCloud on my Mac this morning. Did you get it? Maybe you need to wait to get it if you haven't yet?

If you have another device like a Mac or iPad, have you tried to go into Settings->iCloud and clicking on your iPhone device there, see if the cards are listed there and if so, delete them this way?
I only have my watch and my personal Iphone. Right now i have no cards stored on my phone only my watch. I think i said this earlier but my watch is running watchos 11 and can add them fine but my phone is the one that is having the problem. nothing is wrong it. its been take care of really well.

Stiille

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2024
Just curious, you’re in the developer program now so why not just turn on beta updates on your phone and install OTA?
Because I want to reset my iPhone and install a clean IPSW iOS 18 RC, that’s why I asked

Heat problems and therefore battery life issues on my 15 PM - hope to get rid of them with a clean install !

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
No, Mac not Windows PC. If you are on Windows just wait for 18 to be released and then update thru iTunes.

The reason for this is that it is a relic of the time when it was assumed that the developer beta was being used for development, which could only be done within Xcode, which in turn was only available on a Mac.

Reactions: one more

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
Because I want to reset my iPhone and install a clean IPSW iOS 18 RC, that’s why I asked

Heat problems and therefore battery life issues on my 15 PM - hope to get rid of them with a clean install !

With Windows you will need to wait until the official release on Monday. Just a few more days…

Reactions: Stiille

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I use already the iOS 18 RC, but still problems that’s why I want to reset my iPhone.

So wait until Monday and DFU reset my phone with iTunes, right?

Yes. But wait to see if the release version of iOS 18 is the same build as the RC. If it’s not I’d give that a try first. That may solve your problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stiille

Fontvnilla

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
IMG_0026.jpeg
Does anyone know if this setting was removed? I came across it on an earlier beta and noticed Siri responses sounded so much better on my car stereo. I can’t seem to find it anymore and the quality has reverted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.