Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Just checked 1:03 EST and RC build looks like final GM?

edit- re-checked a few min later where people said they now see the update on iOS 17 on reddit.. and can confirm on another iOS 17 device.

still RC = final GM.

same with watchOS and macOS. woo

and same with tvOS. I picked a good RC to upgrade to this past weekend :p

Last edited:
Reactions: sgtaylor5 and twanj

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
If the RC is really the final build, then there is at least one issue for those of us who installed the RC over the past week. When I try to leave a review on the App Store, it says "This feature isn't available" because I'm running a prerelease version of iOS. So there is at least something in the code that is flagging my installation as "prerelease."

Reactions: Populus

ManuCH

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
iOS 18

Developer Release Date
― September 9, 2024
Public Release Date ― September 9, 2024
Build Number ― 22A3354
Darwin Kernel Version ― 24.0.0: Thu Aug 8 01:17:15 PDT 2024; root:xnu-11215.2.5~62

iOS 18 Release Notes

New Issues
Remaining Issues
Resolved Issues

Additional Notes

To get the beta over-the-air:
  1. Enable Beta Updates (Settings > General > Software Updates > Beta Updates)
  2. Make sure you’re signed into the right Apple Account
  3. Select which beta you’d like to receive (public/developer beta)
  4. Hit "Back" and pull down to refresh
  5. Back up to a computer or to iCloud
  6. Install the beta
If you no longer wish to receive beta updates:
  1. Turn off the Beta Updates (you can also sign out of your Apple Account to reset this setting)
  2. Wait for the next public release or follow the guide below to go back to a release build
Troubleshooting: If the beta doesn’t show up on your phone, try turning on airplane mode, then turning it back off, or restart your device.

How to install using a Mac?
  1. You’ll need the Xcode beta itself or a MobileDevice.pkg somebody extracted from the beta (click with two fingers or control-click), then choose Show Package Contents. Go to Contents/Resources/Packages. - this will work on older Macs that do not support the latest macOS or Xcode betas)
  2. Back up to your Mac or to iCloud in case you need to go back to another version
  3. Hold down Option, then click on ‘Check for Update’/‘Restore iPhone...’ and select the IPSW file you downloaded from the Apple Developer site. Note: You must be connected to the internet to complete the restore.
  4. Enter your iPhone passcode if you’re prompted to do so.
Notes/Tips:
  • Always keep a backup in case you need to restore your phone
  • Restoring wipes your settings and all data on your iPhone
  • You only need to reinstall MobileDevice.pkg if your Mac stops recognizing your iPhone
  • There is no MobileDevice.pkg equivalent to iTunes for PC which would require a new iTunes to support new/beta iOS
  • Upgrading to a newer iPhone? You can update using your Mac before setting up the phone
  • iPhone 15 series: 2.16.06
  • iPhone 14 series: 3.02.08
  • iPhone 13 series and iPhone SE (3rd gen): 4.02.05
  • iPhone 12 series: 4.50.06
  • iPhone 11 series, iPhone SE (2nd gen) and iPad Air (Cellular, 4th gen): 5.50.00
  • iPhone XS, XS Max and XR: 6.50.02
Australia
  • Optus - 51.0
  • Telstra - 55.0
  • Vodafone AU - 59
Belgium
  • BASE - 33.0
  • Orange B - 58
  • Proximus - 45.0
  • Telenet - 59.0.1 (updated in beta 6)
Brazil (updated 18b4)
  • Claro Brasil - 58.5.13
  • Vivo - 58.5.11
  • TIM -
  • Oi -
Canada
  • Bell - 59.0
  • Fido - 56.0
  • Fizz - 53.0
  • Freedom/Shaw Mobile - 54.8.6
  • Mint Mobile - 58.0
  • Public Mobile - 54.8.4
  • Rogers - 59.0
  • Telus - 54.8.8
  • Videotron - 53.0
  • Virgin Mobile - 50.0
Denmark
  • 3 DK - 46.7.11
  • TDC 59.0
  • Telia 59.0
Finland
  • DNA - 58.5.7
France
  • Bouygues Telecom - 40.0
  • Orange France - 58.0
  • SFR -
Germany
  • Vodafone.de - 59.0
  • Telekom.de - 58.5.15
  • O2-DE - 59.0.1
Greece:
  • Cosmote - 38.0
Guatemala
  • TIGO GT - 49.0
India
  • Airtel - 58.5.18
  • Jio - 58.5.18 (iPhone) and 58.5.18 (iPad)
  • Vi India (Vodafone Idea) - 58.5
Ireland
  • Eir - 33.5
  • Vodafone IE - 38.0
Mexico
  • AT&T - 57.0
  • Telcel - 57.6
Morocco
  • Orange - 50.0
Netherlands
  • KPN - 58.1
  • Vodafone NL - 45.0
  • Odido -
Poland
  • T-Mobile -
  • Orange - 59.0
  • Play - 59.0
  • Plus - 59.0
Portugal
  • Vodafone P - 40.0
Romania
  • Orange RO - 55.0
Slovakia
  • Orange SK - 57.6
Southeast Asia
  • Singapore Singtel -
  • Philippines Globe - 58.0
  • Philippines Globe (iPad) - 38.0
  • Philippines Smart - 58.0
  • Thailand AIS - 53.0
  • Thailand DTAC - 53.0
  • Malaysia Umobile - 33.0
  • Malaysia Maxis -33.0
  • Malaysia Digi -
  • Malaysia celcom -
  • Hong Kong - 32.0
  • Taiwan -
Spain
  • Orange ES - 58.5.15
  • DIGI ES - 54.8.4
  • Vodafone ES - 54.8.8
  • Movistar - 58.0
Sweden
  • Comviq -
  • Tre - 31.0
Switzerland
  • Salt - 58.0
  • Sunrise - 59.0
  • Swisscom - 58.0
Turkey
  • Turkcell (Lifecell) - 36.5.5
  • Vodafone TR - 32.0
  • Turk Telekom - 32.0
United Kingdom
  • EE - 59.0.1
  • BT-UK (EE MVNO)-
  • Three - 59
  • iD Mobile (Three MVNO) - 59
  • O2-UK -
  • Giffgaff (O2 MVNO) -
  • Sky (O2 MVNO) -
  • Vodafone UK - 59.0
  • Virgin Mobile (EE MVNO) -
  • Lebara (Vodafone MVNO) -
United States
  • AT&T - 59.0
  • Boost - 57.0
  • Cricket - 58.0
  • FirstNet - 55.0
  • FirstNet (iPad) - 41.7.6
  • Metro (TMO MVNO) - 59.0
  • Spectrum (VZW MVNO) - 58.0
  • T-Mobile - 59.0
  • TracFone/Straight Talk/Walmart Family Mobile - 59.0
  • U.S. Cellular - 46.7.24
  • Ultra/Mint Mobile (TMO MVNO) - 59.0
  • Verizon - 59.0
  • Visible (VZW MVNO) - 51.0.1
  • Xfinity Mobile - 57.6.1
Other
  • Docomo - 32.5.10
  • AlwaysOnline -

Historical beta release chart

I think we should remove "Beta" from the thread title 😉

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
A shame. I've got a couple of issues I was hoping would get resolved via a new build.

Dang sorry to hear. I was half hoping it wouldn't be a new build bc tbh my battery life and performance has been really good on everything across the board. this feels like a really nice x.0 release, color me surprised.

Maybe minus some edge cases, I dont think most people should hesitate to upgrade. And I *never* say this for the most part I have horrid upgrade anxiety over spotty QC and unknowns.

Six0Four

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2020
IMG_1001.png

I am on Beta 18. Should I be expecting the official release today?

jblank

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2020
United States
Dang sorry to hear. I was half hoping it wouldn't be a new build bc tbh my battery life and performance has been really good on everything across the board. this feels like a really nice x.0 release, color me surprised.

Maybe minus some edge cases, I dont think most people should hesitate to upgrade. And I *never* say this for the most part I have horrid upgrade anxiety over spotty QC and unknowns.

Thanks, none are dealbreakers, but I'll list the issues I am having below. Device is an iPhone 15 Plus.

1) After the first time I open it, App Store is slow to load and slow to populate available updates. If I do a hard reset it works smoothly again, the first time, then reverts back to being slow.
2) For whatever reason, it occasionally needs me to turn off and back on, the Wifi, as it will just refuse to browse any website via Safari or Chrome. This might be Private Replay related but it's an annoyance.
3) I randomly get a message in battery that says "An update is being processed......." even though I installed the RC a week ago.
4) Battery life when NOT being used seems outstanding, but it seems to drop faster than it did pre-iOS 18, when you're doing something on the device.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Depends on what build/Beta version you are on. If RC then no. same build. Anything else then yes. Must turn off beta updates in settings tho before you will get the release.
Beta updates were turned off in the background on my phone and ipad with no way to turn them on. This has happened before and was corrected in a short time.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Is there a way to turn off tinted icons when in dark mode? They are just super ugly

What do you mean? You hold an icon (until it wiggles), hit edit top left customize and choose static light, dark, or automatic (dynamic with light/dark mode) or tinted

And if you want to un-tint the background, that sun icon above light icon. and if you toggle large icons, you remove icon labels.

in other words just select light and it always will be (should've been already defaulted to that for existing home screen set ups?)

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

city_17

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2021
What do you mean? You hold an icon (until it wiggles), hit edit top left customize and choose static light, dark, or automatic (dynamic with light/dark mode) or tinted

And if you want to un-tint the background, that sun icon above light icon. and if you toggle large icons, you remove icon labels.

in other words just select light and it always will be (should've been already defaulted to that for existing home screen set ups?)
Sorry, should have been more specific. The Home Screen ones are fine. But when using dark mode the app icons in the settings app for example all remain the ugly tinted one. Was wondering if there’s a setting for that.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Sorry, should have been more specific. The Home Screen ones are fine. But when using dark mode the app icons in the settings app for example all remain the ugly tinted one. Was wondering if there’s a setting for that.

gotcha, got me there.

Reactions: city_17

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
If the RC is really the final build, then there is at least one issue for those of us who installed the RC over the past week. When I try to leave a review on the App Store, it says "This feature isn't available" because I'm running a prerelease version of iOS. So there is at least something in the code that is flagging my installation as "prerelease."
Looks like this has fixed itself -- I can now write and submit reviews on the App Store. :) I guess Apple just had to update something on the back end so that build 22A3354 is no longer recognized as "prerelease."

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2022
So far the biggest complaint is the new Icloud storage issue. Giving major vibes as the Ios 16 storage bug that persisted. I'm not dealing with it but millions are

BellaPink112

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Couldn’t find a thread for this, but I currently have the iOS 18 public beta on my phone. Do I need to or is there a way to go to the official one that Apple released for this?

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Couldn’t find a thread for this, but I currently have the iOS 18 public beta on my phone. Do I need to or is there a way to go to the official one that Apple released for this?

If you installed the Release Candidate while on the public beta you already have the “official” one. No need to do anything.

purdnost

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2018
Just came across a bug in iOS 18:

Settings > Apps (the title here should say “Apps,” but so far it has displayed as “General” or “iCloud+” for me).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.