Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
What’s the new iCloud storage issue, totally missed this??

Likely yet another phantom issue that affects a few users but gets elevated to a major scandal, like the following

3cb7a1be7fce0d208297708a23f3c3e1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Carlsberg69

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Does anyone know how to disable to contact bubbles to the left of the recent tab in the phone app? It's reducing the number of recent calls shown and I don't use contact bubbles.

Hedkandi

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2013
Is there a way to turn off tinted icons when in dark mode? They are just super ugly
Click the edit button on the top left (when the icons wiggle) then customise… there you can set your icon colour preferences

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I noticed after the update that the count number of my photos was different than before the update. I didn’t notice any missing photos though as far as I could tell. Possible that it just indexed the Photos correctly after the update?

Hedkandi

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2013
Normally I would agree but I’m seeing it on both my iPad Pro and my iPhone 15
I'm getting a weird thing with Messages that have photo/video attachments, that the icon appears before the thumbnail.

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
After today’s update Instagram has become unresponsive, the app will just crash upon launching. Reinstalling it did not help. Just me?

Outlook is also still only showing me the desktop version and outlook mobile is totally gone, this is behavior that started when I installed one of the earlier betas and was said by some to be a “beta glitch” but it has not gone back to normal mobile version now that iOS 18 final is out.

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
After today’s update Instagram has become unresponsive, the app will just crash upon launching. Reinstalling it did not help. Just me?

Outlook is also still only showing me the desktop version and outlook mobile is totally gone, this is behavior that started when I installed one of the earlier betas and was said by some to be a “beta glitch” but it has not gone back to normal mobile version now that iOS 18 final is out.

No issues on my end with IG app. Did you have any issues with the number of photos you have in your photos app? I don’t notice any missing in my photos app but the number changed for some reason after the update

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015

Instagram works fine for me. There was an Instagram app update a couple hours ago… try installing that if you haven’t already.

Reactions: one more

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
Has anyone else had any issues with missing photos or their photo count being altered after the update?

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
No issues on my end with IG app. Did you have any issues with the number of photos you have in your photos app? I don’t notice any missing in my photos app but the number changed for some reason after the update

Instagram works fine for me. There was an Instagram app update a couple hours ago… try installing that if you haven’t already.
No change in photo count as far as I can tell, but I don’t really keep track of the number.

No app updates available ,as any updates appear to have already been installed. I must have installed this new version when I tried reinstalling the app anyway. Still crashing for me completely upon launch (14 Pro Max) but I will check again for perhaps another update in the morning. The app worked absolutely fine on the various iOS 18 betas for however many months I’ve already been running it.

Reactions: delsoul

delsoul

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
No change in photo count as far as I can tell, but I don’t really keep track of the number.

No app updates available ,as any updates appear to have already been installed. I must have installed this new version when I tried reinstalling the app anyway. Still crashing for me completely upon launch (14 Pro Max) but I will check again for perhaps another update in the morning. The app worked absolutely fine on the various iOS 18 betas for however many months I’ve already been running it.
I'm thinking there must be some sort of a bug. I had the idea to check the "about" in the phone settings and the amount of photos it's telling me I have doesn't match the numbers it's showing in the photos app. Way off to be honest. I'm guessing these are all small details that will get ironed out for all of us eventually here.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth

My updated Instagram app is fine.

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
Just came across a bug in iOS 18:

Settings > Apps (the title here should say “Apps,” but so far it has displayed as “General” or “iCloud+” for me).
Its the last item right at the end of the list

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
Anyone else’s App Store taking ages to open? I’ve been on the RC since release, so haven’t just updated. Odd! 15PM.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I updated my iPad Pro to iOS 18 last night. My iPhone is on the iOS 18 public beta. After updating Mail no longer syncs between the two devices. I have push checked for both but if I delete a an email on my iPhone it doesn’t delete on my iPad. However, if I delete it from my iPad first it does delete on my iPhone. Weird.

teeshot44

macrumors 65816
Aug 8, 2015
US
iMessage issues this morning?? Wife’s 15PM started a couple hours ago. My 15 Pro just happened. iMessage signed itself out and can’t get back in. Normal fixes of no help. Finally getting message “Unable to contact iMessage server”. All Apple services show no problems.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.