Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
There was an Apple Maps info ad in a Swedish newspaper (DN) today, informing that they will be surveying Sweden (again) both by car (whole country, starting today) and by foot (Stockholm, later this summer).

This is a good sign if they also apply these regular rechecks to other countries. 👌

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
So basically the new iOS 18 Maps features involve hiking, and lightly tweaked icons? Not criticizing just asking. Last year being able to download offline maps was a great addition!

By the way, I reported a street name that was recently changed on a town I visit often, with pictures showing the new street name and adding the major’s house phone number in case they wanted to check it, and more than a year later, they haven’t changed it yet. Funny is, they reviewed it, but didn’t change the name.

It is frustrating to report mistakes, or stores/banks that have already closed their doors, if they won’t correct the info in Maps. Now I don’t bother sending feedback or reports about wrong info, because I know they won’t bother changing, correcting, or even checking the report.

Last edited:

gemma.nye

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2024
So basically the new iOS 18 Maps features involve hiking, and lightly tweaked icons? Not criticizing just asking. Last year being able to download offline maps was a great addition!

By the way, I reported a street name that was recently changed on a town I visit often, with pictures showing the new street name and adding the major’s house phone number in case they wanted to check it, and more than a year later, they haven’t changed it yet. Funny is, they reviewed it, but didn’t change the name.

It is frustrating to report mistakes, or stores/banks that have already closed their doors, if they won’t correct the info in Maps. Now I don’t bother sending feedback or reports about wrong info, because I know they won’t bother changing, correcting, or even checking the report.
Honestly though. There’s been some mistakes I’ve tried to correct that they say got corrected but aren’t, or they do fix it but it gets reverted for some reason after a period (possibly due to algorithm or other updates). I’ve had more luck getting building models added/updated than incorrect things fixed

Reactions: adrianlondon

nigeljordanw

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2024
The Netherlands
Is Apple ignoring Transit reports? I live in The Netherlands and reports like missing shops are mostly added in 2 weeks. There's a bus line missing and I reported that, but it never goes through. I think I did it for the fourth time In a row now, but it never gets answered. They get their information from a site Keolis and even on Keolis the line is there, but Apple Maps still doesn't show the line.

Line 216 is missing from Apple Maps

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 17.12.02.png

Screenshot 2024-07-07 at 17.12.13.png

Reactions: adrianlondon

Benni14

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2021
Is Apple ignoring Transit reports? I live in The Netherlands and reports like missing shops are mostly added in 2 weeks. There's a bus line missing and I reported that, but it never goes through. I think I did it for the fourth time In a row now, but it never gets answered. They get their information from a site Keolis and even on Keolis the line is there, but Apple Maps still doesn't show the line.

Line 216 is missing from Apple Maps

View attachment 2395087

View attachment 2395088
Unfortunately, you will probably have to wait for Apple to update the data of Keolis or the government institution.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Is Apple ignoring Transit reports?
Yes.

They acknowledge this too, as I even logged a Feedback and they closed it with "working as expected".

In Basel, Switzerland, there is a bus which goes to the airport. And back, obviously, otherwise we'd soon run out. Anyway ...

There is only one public transport option to the airport. It's a very obvious airport bus service, even though it's just a "normal" bus that happens to go to the airport. It's run the same route for well over 15 years, probably much longer.

Google Maps shows it perfectly - all the stops and with a timetable. It's shown correctly with all the other buses and trams we have here in Basel, as they (of course) share stops where the routes overlap.

Apple Maps doesn't show it correctly. Has never shown it correctly. I've reported it. As I have to assume there are other very obvious errors, I simply never use Apple Maps.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Tried using it as an alternative to Waze earlier this year. Loved certain aspects but eventually had to give it up because it was missing key features like a speedometer and police reporting.

Came here hoping to see updates in ios18. 😭

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
I really don’t get the whole speedometer thing, but that’s me.
I can see why you wouldn’t, but having the speedometer displayed right next to the speed limit is very helpful, especially if you’re used to having it in Waze. (I also have an older car).

Reactions: jpdunn13

mikeyiphone

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.
Around noon today I have not been able to access my Apple Maps. Every time I click it it just crashes. It shows a quick glimmer of opening up but just crashes and goes back to my Home Screen.

I have tried restarting my phone several times and deleted the app. Still having issues.

I did report it in the feedback. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.

I am currently on iOS 18 (22A5316k). Which I downloaded yesterday.

Thank you.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.
Around noon today I have not been able to access my Apple Maps. Every time I click it it just crashes. It shows a quick glimmer of opening up but just crashes and goes back to my Home Screen.

I have tried restarting my phone several times and deleted the app. Still having issues.

I did report it in the feedback. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions.

I am currently on iOS 18 (22A5316k). Which I downloaded yesterday.

Thank you.
I would try reinstalling iOS 18 using the IPSW file. Sounds like something may have gotten corrupted.

Lexio

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2015
Poland, Kraków
I have a problem with Apple Maps on CarPlay (15PM iOS beta 18.1). I drive around with the maps being open all the time and every time I answer a call or call someone and then quit the call the maps are freezed and show the spot where I was when I answered the call. Closing and opening again the maps helps but it is a little bit annoying. Reported it already to Apple

ttforever

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
I have a problem with Apple Maps on CarPlay (15PM iOS beta 18.1). I drive around with the maps being open all the time and every time I answer a call or call someone and then quit the call the maps are freezed and show the spot where I was when I answered the call. Closing and opening again the maps helps but it is a little bit annoying. Reported it already to Apple
Yep I have same issue on 13pro

dallastigers

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
TX
I don’t think these Map threads usually focus on Satellite View (either 2D or the 3D/Flyover in Satellite view), but just in case can anyone else not see the true satellite view when tapping the 2D button (in a city/area with the 3D/Flyover satellite view which isn’t really from a satellite & might correspond with https://www.apple.com/ios/feature-availability/#maps-flyover).

If a city has the 3D/flyover option under Satellite View tapping 2D only flattens the 3D/flyover view but doesn’t switch to the true satellite view like it did before. Same thing in Find My and Messages.

Sometimes the 2 views under satellite view for a city are done fairly close together timeframe wise, but the true satellite view (2D) can still give a different look to an area and avoid the pseudo Minecraft look as you zoom in closer. It can also have a little more natural colors. But there are also cities where the 3D satellite view is years behind the true 2D satellite view.

Right now I can only view the true satellite view by going to the reports/report new issue/report something missing in Maps, expand the map there, and then select satellite view which is a pain on top losing the ability to tap on the labels and is just temporary as it’s just in the reporting issue/something missing pop up window; or I can go use an older iPhone stuck at older iOS.

This has actually been the case since iOS 16 or maybe iOS 15 for me and also for other iphones in family not just 18 for me at least (but not sure with others using 18 or using any iPhone 15 versions as I am the only one in family using iOS 18 currently and have never checked any of the iPhone 15 versions as of today), and I noticed it with iPhones on display at Best Buy and Apple a few times over the years with iOS 16 & early with iOS 17 before iPhone 15s shipped. I have reported it multiple times including adding updates. I also reported it within the Maps app reporting structure.

one more

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
On my drive today (in France) AM were more proactively suggesting to reroute me around a traffic jam on the highway. This was new, as before it would just warn me about an incoming jam, indicating the approximate amount of time I would sit in it, yet today it was offering me to go around it. A very welcome change if it sticks.

Reactions: jpdunn13 and Shifts

michelmike

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2018
Germany
Still predicting then that DCE features (road markings, elevations, trees, exit guidance) will come as well.
Yeah but when? I bet they would want to show it and they never showed Apple Maps stuff in the iPhone Keynotes afaik. I guess next WWDC then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.