Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Referencing the above video, I have no idea why this person keeps calling it a Pro Mini. He admits it will likely get A14 with 4GB RAM. He thinks it’ll keep the lightening port. Doesn’t sound like a Pro to me. Sounds like a compromised Mini version of the Air 4 to me.

The reference and title of the video just feels like shameless click bait to me.

It’s nonsense. The whole “Pro mini” idea is just a wild goose chase and people wishing for it are just going to constantly get dissapointed, year after year.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
The reference and title of the video just feels like shameless click bait to me.

It’s nonsense. The whole “Pro mini” idea is just a wild goose chase and people wishing for it are just going to constantly get dissapointed, year after year.

Exactly, the usual fake news YouTube hot air click bait that makes the tech rumours field over there. Yawnfest.

Reactions: Icaras

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Face ID isn’t happening. I’m sure there’ll be a Air 4 style Mini eventually as Apple wouldn’t have developed a whole new Touch ID tech just for one mid range tablet.

I liked the renders in that the headphone jack still appeared to be there, but yeah, they didn’t make any sense. It looked like USB-C to me when he said he thought it would be lightening and it showed what looked like a camera flash. Lightening and a camera flash would make no sense given that the USB-C Air doesn’t have a flash.

Mini Pro starting at $499, I don’t think so. A Mini Pro would also mean they’d have to give it 5G alongside the regular Pros, similar to the iPhone 12 situation. By keeping it as a regular Mini, 5G gets them a 7th generation with minimal changes and cost.

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Who is the leaker?
Some Twitter rando. The same guy that said it was going to have a hole punch. Both of which were extremely sketchy predictions especially now with this more reputable report

RoadWarrior56

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2014
Why do people use iPad Mini still?
Why the iPad Mini hate? Maybe hate is too strong of a word. But you are not the only one I read in these forums who puts it down or wonders why anybody would ever own one. I use one and I have owned every version except for the Mini 3. If I am using a Mini and others are as well, then there is a market for it, even though you may not be part of that market. I may very well buy a Mini 6, depending on its price and specifications. I love the size of the device.

Mac47

macrumors regular
May 25, 2016
Some Twitter rando. The same guy that said it was going to have a hole punch. Both of which were extremely sketchy predictions especially now with this more reputable report...

The more reputable report is tragic. I will probably keep reading books on my Mini 2, if there’s not going to be an all-screen design like the Air4 and Pros.

Very unclear how this is an improvement over the Mini 5.

Reactions: New York

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
Why the iPad Mini hate? Maybe hate is too strong of a word. But you are not the only one I read in these forums who puts it down or wonders why anybody would ever own one. I use one and I have owned every version except for the Mini 3. If I am using a Mini and others are as well, then there is a market for it, even though you may not be part of that market. I may very well buy a Mini 6, depending on its price and specifications. I love the size of the device.
I've used iPad mini 2 since 2014. I wouldnt get another iPad mini.

Reactions: New York

Runs For Fun

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2017
Are you sure about that?
A Mini Pro makes no sense for Apple. The Mini is already a small market. They're not going to create an even more expensive Mini that would have an even smaller market. The profits on that kind of device would be in the dumpster. The best we're going to get would be a redesigned Mini that would be similar to the Air.

Reactions: Icaras

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
A Mini Pro makes no sense for Apple. The Mini is already a small market. They're not going to create an even more expensive Mini that would have an even smaller market. The profits on that kind of device would be in the dumpster. The best we're going to get would be a redesigned Mini that would be similar to the Air.
Yeah, I guess so. The iPhone 12 mini isn't selling well. I don't think any of Apple's "mini" products sell well (other than the HomePod mini).

enc0re

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010

That’s all I’m asking for. I went mini 4 -> 5 for the extra processor. I’ll do so again when the 6 comes out. Civilization VI is my iOS game of choice.

The mini has been expensive, but at least it has been coming with an Air display.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
Yeah, I guess so. The iPhone 12 mini isn't selling well. I don't think any of Apple's "mini" products sell well (other than the HomePod mini).

I even doubt the HomePod mini sells well. Maybe better Thema the fail of the one before but that’s probably not the bar to measure with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.