Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iPad Pro Oled Silver Vs Space Grey // which one you'll choose?

• Total voters

iappleme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.02.43 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.03.02 AM.png

Last edited:

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I never owned a white bezel iOS/iPadOS product when they existed, but now I miss them terribly. They looked really good. The problem for me was not blending in with the black bars around video content.
I think that's only an issue for long-form content (i.e. not YouTube videos), and I usually watch that in the dark, where that's not a problem. I also used to watch a lot of 4:3 content, for which the original iPad form factor is ideal. My silver/white iPad mini 5 still gets the most use, both for its portability and that I find the white bezels make for a lighter mood and reduce the visual footprint of the device.

Last edited:
Reactions: max2

NewOldStock

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2023
Krylon Spray paint Ford Blue Implement paint.
Chevy Orange would be nice too.
Van Halen Guitar Stripped would be cool.
So many cars so many colors. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I got my last iPad in space gray since I thought it went better with the black Magic Keyboard. I regretted it because I really wanted silver. I’ve been worn out of all the black colors in recent years. So I’m definitely getting silver this time. Plus, then my iPad, MacBook, iPhone, and Apple Watch will all be about the same color.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
But the example above wasn't really space BLACK, rather space grey.
Hope they release Air in space black, I will buy it!

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Between those two definitely silver, but part of me is hoping for a blue variant to match my iPhone 12 and iMac. Not a massive fan of the blues that they use on the iPad Air and the iPhone 15 though.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Over the years, I’ve grown to love silver on my iPad Pros. My first iPad Pro, the 2018 11”, was indeed the silver one, and I just loved. Thats why I’ve chosen Silver on the Poll. Then I bought this awesome M2 11” iPad Pro in Space Grey for the sake of change, and I’d prefer to go back to Silver, because Space Grey looks like just a tad darker Silver and, from some angles, it looks similar to Silver… So it kinda is between silver and the darker Space Grey from other devices such as the iPad 9, which I also have.

With that being said, I don’t know where OP took that render from, but if the new OLED iPad Pro is available on a Space Black like that one, I’ll probably go with the black. But I still have a soft spot for Silver so maybe I’ll go back to that color in the future.

BTW: if Apple offers the new iPad Pro in midnight, THAT’S the color i’ll be getting.

Reactions: Tybull and lyngo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.