Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iPad Pro Oled Silver Vs Space Grey // which one you'll choose?

• Total voters

meDANOcine

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
There’s something undeniably classy about a silver Apple product. I have a space black MBP - I would not personally buy an iPad in the same color. Now if Apple pulls an upset and gives us that gorgeous midnight color from the MBA I’ll be buying that. Otherwise silver all the way here.

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
I'd have gone with silver, except I dislike the white key aluminum look of the Magic Keyboard pro. I may never get that accessory, but if I do, the black looks way better to me.

Reactions: Tybull and xxray

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
I would greedily choose any actual color over these two options. Would it kill them to make one actual color like red or purple?

How long until the Air gets OLED?

Out of the two I’d go black, as silver doesn’t seem as nice on an iPad as it does on a Macbook. Really prefer the white cable though, considering that the charging bricks aren’t colour co-ordinated.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Neither, staying put with my m1 11" iPad Pro, but I'd get silver (did get silver). Would look sweet with that silver aluminum Magic Keyboard imo

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
How long until the Air gets OLED?
Not on the timeline for the current decade:

Apple-OLED-roadmap-2024-2029-Revegnus.jpg

Attachments

• 1715116257277.png
    1715116257277.png
    341.8 KB · Views: 18

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I chose silver. Space Black is tempting, but it will still show fingerprints and scratching more than natural silver and I also like the contrast between the black bezels and the silver edge.

Reactions: Populus

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I chose silver. Space Black is tempting, but it will still show fingerprints and scratching more than natural silver and I also like the contrast between the black bezels and the silver edge.
Yep, I think I’ll go back to Silver for my next iPad Pro.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Silver iPad, black keyboard. iPanda Pro.

Silver better scratch resistance; black better smudge resistance. May swap the keyboard out when I collect but unlikely.
I much prefer the black Magic Keyboard as well. Although it’s not likely I’ll get one, and I’ll stick with a Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.

And honestly, I’m torn between the silver and black iPP… I guess I’ll have to see them in person, but for now, I’m leaning more towards silver.

wi1dstar

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
I much prefer the black Magic Keyboard as well. Although it’s not likely I’ll get one, and I’ll stick with a Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad.

And honestly, I’m torn between the silver and black iPP… I guess I’ll have to see them in person, but for now, I’m leaning more towards silver.
I prefer silver too, as all of apple’s silver aluminum products match. But the white keyboard forced me to go space black this time. The finger prints aren’t really a concern for me as it will remain attached to the keyboard 99% of the time. Hopefully they offer black keys next time around.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
I thought the black looked really cool at the event so have gone for that (and black magic keyboard) but also an Air in Starlight with white magic keyboard (not planning to keep both). If I decide I prefer the Pro but less keen on the SB I'll swap it out for a silver.

I wish they were actually white and black rather than silver and space black.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Recently moved from a silver M2 Air to a space black M3 MBP which I like a lot so I'll be getting the space black to match.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
Close to ordering a cellular Pro 13, I really like my silver 11 Pro but want a change, have a space black MacBook Pro 16 and really like the colour but concerned about scuffing, MacBook Pro still looks like new although lives on my desk or in a sleeve, an iPad is more portable so maybe more prone to scuffs, although never had an issue with space grey.

Someone make a decision for me 😂

Macintosh101

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
I'd have gone with silver, except I dislike the white key aluminum look of the Magic Keyboard pro. I may never get that accessory, but if I do, the black looks way better to me.
This isexactly my issue. I think the silver Magic Keyboard would have looked much better with black keys. With white keys on the silver body, it looks a bit, dare I say it... cheap.

Ideally I'd like the silver iPad Pro with the space black Magic Keyboard, but I don't think that'll look too good, so I intend to go with space black for both the iPad and keyboard I think.

Reactions: th1nk

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
I wonder which dissipates heat most and importantly do not absorb heat from sun light? I had some problems with dark iPhone in the summer that I never had when using a silver iphone. I therefore choose silver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.