Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iPad Pro Oled Silver Vs Space Grey // which one you'll choose?

• Total voters

Rubes-

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2024
United Kingdom
If like me you've ordered the silver iPP with black Magic Keyboard, iMore has received this combination of review units with plenty of photos. Gallery of images in their accessories section here.

I think I've made right choice 👌

TZbpLv2SrNBU5AaLTFJEUm-1200-80.jpg.webp

Macintosh101

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
If like me you've ordered the silver iPP with black Magic Keyboard, iMore has received this combination of review units with plenty of photos. Gallery of images in their accessories section here.

Thanks so much for this, for this. Personally, I don’t like it. I think the space grey iPP looks better and more stylish with the color matched keyboard. I’m heading to an Apple Store tomorrow however, so I’ll reserve judgement.

Rubes-

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2024
United Kingdom
Thanks so much for this, for this. Personally, I don’t like it. I think the space grey iPP looks better and more stylish with the color matched keyboard. I’m heading to an Apple Store tomorrow however, so I’ll reserve judgement.
I’m still torn following an afternoon filled with watching reviews, so I’m looking forward to getting hands on at pickup tomorrow too.

White MK doesn’t do it for me, so will be a decision on Silver vs Space Black. Right now, Silver feels like the classic option with Space Black showing fingerprints a little more. Interested in what you think tomorrow!

DarkSorrow82

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2016
Minocqua, WI
I bought the Magic Keyboard this time around for my M4 iPad Pro. I usually get the Logitech Keyboards but I wanted something different this time.

mashinhead

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2003
Can someone confirm the Space Black is the same as the Macbook Pro Space Black? It doesn't look it.

Maven1975

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2008
Apple has become the very beige they set out to destroy when Steve returned.
Has become?

Became with this statement : Unapologetically Plastic - 5C

That was the last time we got bold colors.

I remember when Apple Stores were warm and inviting. Wood grain with a manageable amount of people inside. Quaint actually, with excellent customer service.

Then they turned into industrial design cold spaces begging for a row of medical examination tables/chairs.

I hope we do see a return and acceptance of “fun” not only in the stores & products, but also embraced by the consumers as
Well.

Last edited:

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
I was going to do Silver, but the camera bump made me uncomfortable for some reason? Lame, I know. Ended up a happy Space Black customer!

Do we know if SB has the anodization seal like the dark macbooks?

iappleme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
I was going to do Silver, but the camera bump made me uncomfortable for some reason? Lame, I know. Ended up a happy Space Black customer!

Do we know if SB has the anodization seal like the dark macbooks?
Unfortunately No. 🥲
IMG_1383.jpeg

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010

I went for the same color combo.

My watch, iphone pro, and macbook air are all midnight blue and i wish they had the same option for the ipad pro, but i got really tired of the space grey so opted for the silver.

my first impression out of the box was that i thought it looked cheap, but after living with it for a few days i really like it. one of the advantages of Apple's generous 14 day return policy was that i was originally planning to exchange it, but ultimately decided i preferred the silver.

did not initially order the keyboard as i wanted to see it in person. definitely prefer the black keyboard to the white, and i think the looks might hold up better in the long run.

• Love
Reactions: Tybull and Rubes-

Tybull

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Wales U.K
Over the moon with it.Great packaging

Attachments

• IMG_9309.jpeg
    IMG_9309.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_9307.jpeg
    IMG_9307.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9305.jpeg
    IMG_9305.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9303.jpeg
    IMG_9303.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9306.jpeg
    IMG_9306.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9304.jpeg
    IMG_9304.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9308.jpeg
    IMG_9308.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9310.jpeg
    IMG_9310.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9313.jpeg
    IMG_9313.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9312.jpeg
    IMG_9312.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: judethat

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
It's not iPhone 7 black is it? Not the jet black but the matte black. That was my favorite iPhone.

jkel777

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2014
I went with Space Black since I haven’t had a dark color Apple product in a while. Really like the stealth look of it.

Reactions: teralpar

erasr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Black because my M2 Air is silver and I want to be more inconspicuous when I take it out and about, say a coffee shop for example!

I hate looking like I have expensive new fancy devices. Silver with white is a bit showy for me.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
Unfortunately I made a choice many years ago to keep my Apple products space grey/black. So that’s probably the color iPad I’d get.

I’d really love to switch everything over to white/silver. But that involves getting a new iPhone, MacBook, keyboard, trackpad, mouse, AirPods Max, and probably some other things I’m forgetting about if I want to keep it consistent between everything. But I like the darker colors because they don’t stick out as much.

At least my Apple Watch Ultra is already silver.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
BTW why does Apple call this space black? It’s just a darker shade of space grey.

I mean its not a big deal but I could see a lot of customers seeing the name and expecting a black product and being pretty disappointed when a grey ipad turns up instead.

Reactions: jsmitty

Spacegray

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2016
I got silver this time as spacegray was not available and space black collects fingerprints and grease to fast imo.

bmat

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2004
East Coast, USA
I ended up with silver. I’ve found that the space grey Magic Keyboard discolors pretty easy and shows marks more. It seems counter intuitive as one would think white would stain more. But my space grey cover looked a mess and I was more careful with it than my wife was with her white one, which still looks new.

So this time I went silver and white.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.