Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iPad Pro Oled Silver Vs Space Grey // which one you'll choose?

• Total voters

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
Not on the timeline for the current decade:

Apple-OLED-roadmap-2024-2029-Revegnus.jpg
I think the table is outdated. iMac do not come in these sizes unfortunately. Other sources suggest that MBP sells equally much as the Air. The iPad Air will get the OLED display when it is cheap enough. No clue when that happens. It can be three or five years or never.

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
I think the table is outdated. iMac do not come in these sizes unfortunately.
It could in 2028, who knows.

What is wrong is that the iPad Pro is actually 11.1", but that could be just a clerical error.

Macintosh101

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
I'm interested in what the silver iPad would look look like with the space black Magic Keyboard, but don't have the time (or the skills) to do a mock-up. if anyone can, I'd be most grateful!

Reactions: Tybull

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
I went with Space Black for my 13" I got the big iPad I am hoping black is slimming and won't be too distracting when I use it in public ;)

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
I actually wanted to get silver iPad and black Magic Keyboard but they changed the camera array from glossy black to match the colour of the body.

So I’ve gone black iPad black keyboard. I actually like the silver and white keyboard but what I don‘t like is the exterior shell being white. I’d have much preferred silver exterior as well.

Reactions: Geekett

FrozenDarkness

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2009
Anybody can comment on how space black holds up on other apple products? I think the color looks great, really concerned about the durability of that color.

Last edited:

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Silver. Just feels classic and right. I believe anything space gray/black tends to always be popular (hence the premium pricing on the black Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, etc.) but I just think silver lets me know it’s Apple.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
Silver all the way. I am dead tired of Apple's space blacks and grays. They all just look gray to my eyes.

Not only does the silver iPad Pro look awesome, but I far prefer the look of the silver Magic Keyboard versus black one as well.

Reactions: Tybull

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
Normally I‘m a silver guy and I had also ordered the silver one at first too, but after looking at quite a few videos the white keys on the magic keyboard irked me too much. I cancelled and went space black, it looks much sleeker and more like a MacBook IMO. It‘s a bit of an experiment for me to see how the chipping and scratching will be over the years. If it‘s bad I will know for future products and will likely return to the trusted silver for the next upgrade.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Red and purple do not go with "Pro." The same reason there are no multi-color MacBook Pros. They stick to "business" colors for the expensive Pro models.
Apple did offer a “Rose Gold” iPad Pro before.

iappleme

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2020
SB IPad Pro 11” & 13”. Waiting for Nomad to come out with back only leather cases, don’t like MK because I don’t want to get used to keys and trackpad. Just Pencil and touch.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
Yeah tbh I'm not sure about the white keys on the keyboard, but I'm not sure getting a silver iPad and a black keyboard would look very good.

Macintosh101

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah tbh I'm not sure about the white keys on the keyboard, but I'm not sure getting a silver iPad and a black keyboard would look very good.
I went for the the SB Magic Keyboard and SB iPad Pro for this reason. Ideally I would have liked a silver iPad Pro and a silver magic keyboard, but with black keys (like a silver MacBook).

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Almost consider the Pro because of the SpaceBlack instead of the Air 😂
Tempting, but I don't need it.

Gadger Snr

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2011
Space Black, like it seems the majority of votes from the poll.

I’ve got a MacBook Pro M3 in the black, iPhone max 15 in Black Titanium

Got the Magic Keyboard with Touch ID touchpad and mouse in black. (Max studio in Silver)

If not buying the magic keyboard in white, silver would be fine

Maybe because l’m old, but the white keyboards keys over my years of use, just got yellowish after while and that sticks in my mind, having to clean them regularly. That was my staff usage, not mine, l kept mine clean 👍

Just my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.