Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
I just read all 6 pages on this thread and i'm leaning towards buying Benks Armor, at least until any leather case comes out.

BUT, which is the difference between ArmorPro and ArmorLite? Can't find any pics from last year 15 series with a comparison between them, and on their website you cannot open the product page. 😅

Phone Junky

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
I just read all 6 pages on this thread and i'm leaning towards buying Benks Armor, at least until any leather case comes out.

BUT, which is the difference between ArmorPro and ArmorLite? Can't find any pics from last year 15 series with a comparison between them, and on their website you cannot open the product page. 😅
ArmorPro

IMG_0519.png

Armorlite

IMG_0520.png

• Wow
Reactions: kvlq

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022
I’m going to see what Apple’s clear offering looks like but I’m very interested in what Caudabe is doing. I had one for my 14PM and the MagSafe was incredibly strong, I loved it.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Best case in my opinion...

CAUDABE

Hands down, the best I have used and will continue using

No preorder for iPhone 16 as of yet

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Thank you! For some reason i couldn't open the product page.
Anyway, from these pics, i cannot see the difference between them, they look almost identical. Judging by the name, the Lite one should be thinner, at least i hope so. I think i'll go with the Lite.

It looks like the ArmorPro has another layer of Kevlar on the inside covering the MagSafe magnets and the ArmorLite has a felt liner instead. It may be the ArmorLite doesn't have the raised pattern on the inner edges the ArmorPro has for extra cushioning but it's hard to really tell.

ArmorPro 👇🏻

ArmorPro.jpeg

ArmorLite 👇🏻

ArmorLit.jpeg

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
TORRAS CASES in the house !

Got in two Torras cases today for the iPhone 16 Pro Max and they are pretty sweet. Both have a nice frosted back that does not show any fingerprints. Floating buttons that are plastic but float different than any buttons I've seen in the past and are buttery smooth. Both cases have strong Magsafe with the pop out metal stands and are of very high quality. Here are a couple quick pictures including a couple showing it next to my 15 Pro Max in the Caudabe Synthesis case. 19PM is going to be quite a bit bigger than the 15PM.
I'll have more pictures once I receive the new phone :oops:

Attachments

• tc01.jpg
    tc01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • tc02.jpg
    tc02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 44
  • tc03.jpg
    tc03.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 46
  • tc04.jpg
    tc04.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • tc05.jpg
    tc05.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 45
  • tc06.jpg
    tc06.jpg
    967.6 KB · Views: 48
  • tc07.jpg
    tc07.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • tc08.jpg
    tc08.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51
  • tc09.jpg
    tc09.jpg
    994.6 KB · Views: 51
  • tc10.jpg
    tc10.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 48

thecautioners

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2022

Got in two Torras cases today for the iPhone 16 Pro Max and they are pretty sweet. Both have a nice frosted back that does not show any fingerprints. Floating buttons that are plastic but float different than any buttons I've seen in the past and are buttery smooth. Both cases have strong Magsafe with the pop out metal stands and are of very high quality. Here are a couple quick pictures including a couple showing it next to my 15 Pro Max in the Caudabe Synthesis case. 19PM is going to be quite a bit bigger than the 15PM.
Man I love the size difference. Go big or go home! I’m excited.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015

Nice looking cases.

It’s going to take a while to get used to the new gaping hole on the side of these IP16 cases! 😬

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Nice cases, wonder why they omitted the wallet/battery pack stabilising magnets.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Is there much difference in bulk when moving from the Sheath to the Synthesis please?
In the 15 Pro Max size they weigh exactly the same. The Synthesis is slightly shallower but slightly wider than the Sheath. They’re very close to identical in size/bulk.

Reactions: walds11

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I wonder what colors on the apple case will be released? Anyone heard any rumors? I still have my sky and pink for my 14 pro max. Something along those lines would be great. Even white again….

JediKnife

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2020
Thought I'd start off as I've just ordered the 16 Pro Max version of my reliable and favourite case for the 15 Pro Max, the Benks ArmorPro.
It has the cut out for the new 'button' which seems to be how it'll be for Pro/Pro Max cases. Maybe Apple's cases will have a solution, we'll see.
The buttons are black this time, will be nice if I can swap with my 15 PM version as it has nicer metallic buttons.

Anyway, here's pics of the Benks ArmorPro 600D.

View attachment 2408294

View attachment 2408295
That’s a great looking case!

Reactions: Pug72

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
I wouldn’t be surprised if they skip it and just stock the Otterbox Cactus to fill the leather/finewoven gap.
I don’t think Apple skips the “premium” case options. There is still money to be made even if it’s not as popular. Rumors seem to be they will run out FineWoven one more time to deplete stock.
I wonder what colors on the apple case will be released? Anyone heard any rumors? I still have my sky and pink for my 14 pro max. Something along those lines would be great. Even white again….
I believe someone posted the colors here in this thread earlier today. If not in was on the front page of MR today.

Reactions: Brooke795

Mylodon

Suspended
Sep 25, 2023
Los Angles

Please share more details of the kickstand. Curious about the black one.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68030
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I'm undecided on a particular case but I'm interested in how they address the cutout for lens layout for the standard iPhone 16 and 16 plus, with the light being adjacent to vertical dual lens pull bump.

Reactions: N69AP

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2007
Agreed. I am a late adopter. Was team Sheath. Now team Synthesis.

Since I have always bought the SHEATH I am also interested in knowing how much thicker or better the Synthesis is. It looks like the Synthesis has a better grip layer.

Sadly, no preorders yet on CAUDABE for iPhone 16 cases

Reactions: walds11

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
Since I have always bought the SHEATH I am also interested in knowing how much thicker or better the Synthesis is. It looks like the Synthesis has a better grip layer.

Sadly, no preorders yet on CAUDABE for iPhone 16 cases
@Zensō provided a general comparison of the dimensions above (post #142).

The Synthesis is slightly smoother (and the back is a little smoother than the other surfaces) and has the dot matrix grips on the sides for added grip.

Reactions: NJRonbo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.