Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just found this Supcase case for the 16 Pro Max and what's VERY interesting is that it looks like it has something for the Capture button. Looks like the yellow dots may be a conductive material as they seem to go from the outside to the inside.

If so it adds weight to official Apple cases having something similar and the cutouts a LOT of the case makers are going with looks like maybe the wrong choice. We'll see I guess.

Here's a few pics of the Supcase UB Grip.

View attachment 2412824

View attachment 2412825
New, capture button technology already

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
A couple of their others have the button but not all:

SUPCASE_iPhone_16_Pro_Unicorn_Beetle_Mag_MagSafe_Phone_Case_ClearStand_52ec44a4-361d-42a7-af8...jpeg

SUPCASE_iPhone_16_Pro_Max_Unicorn_Beetle_Mag_MagSafe_Phone_Case_Black_1.2_1800x1800.jpg.jpeg

Without:

SUPCASE_iPhone_16_Pro_Max_Unicorn_Beetle_XT_MagSafe_phone_case_BlackCamo_2_1800x1800.jpg.jpeg

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Yikes no pastel?? White?

Edit: thanks for posting!! I’ll have to think now which color 😂 I’m used to pastels so this will be somewhat hard!
I doubt Apple would not release basic colours like white and grey and other lighter shades.
These all look too gaudy to me.

I feel like if Apple were to replace FineWoven with a different material, it would've leaked by now. Fingers crossed.
Yea it's been very quiet on the leaks of cases. I don't think they will just do silicone and clear case without a more "premium" option (even though FineWoven was not really premium).

Reactions: Brooke795

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I doubt Apple would not release basic colours like white and grey and other lighter shades.
These all look too gaudy to me.

Yea it's been very quiet on the leaks of cases. I don't think they will just do silicone and clear case without a more "premium" option (even though FineWoven was not really premium).
Yea you’re so right… theyre all very bright. My son likes that brilliant blue. My husband has been desperately wanting cocoa to return (iPhone 7 plus days) I need something light for sure… i would still pick one but would be changing it out eventually!

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I feel like if Apple were to replace FineWoven with a different material, it would've leaked by now. Fingers crossed.

Same. I just can’t see it not being leaked in some form.
Not sure about that to be honest.

Based on the link I posted re Apple cases not having the capture button uncovered, the real silicone cases haven’t even leaked yet.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024

Based on the link I posted re Apple cases not having the capture button uncovered, the real silicone cases haven’t even leaked yet.

Really do hope you are right. Maybe they are doing an amazing job keeping these under wraps. Make the event that much more exciting lol.

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
Something is telling me, they'll release case using the materials they used for the edges of the FW

That’s an interesting thought. I can’t remember cause I got one and returned it, was it slick on the sides or more grippy?

CrispAppleNerd

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2024
They were more of a slicker, rubbery type material.

That would be an interesting choice for Apple, but maybe that’s the direction they go.

I am hanging on tight to my Apple leather case hoping something decent is released from Apple that is a good enough replacement.

Pug72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Here is an Armor-x AMG-IPH-16PMX (what a mouthful) where on one of the promo photos they have photoshopped the power button as the Capture button on one picture. 😄

With:

AMG-IPH-16PMX-ARMOR-X-Apple-iPhone-16-Pro-Max-ip68-waterproof-iPhone-case-shockproof-rugged-c...jpeg

Without:

AMG-IPH-16PMX-ARMOR-X-Apple-iPhone-16-Pro-Max-ip68-waterproof-iPhone-case-shockproof-rugged-c...jpeg

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

Well I don't even really mean pictures, I'm talking about just details about a new material. We haven't heard anything so far except that FineWoven might be discontinued. But that doesn't guarantee something else takes its place.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
I wonder how that button will work with the rumored touch functionality of the button for zoom

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I wonder how that button will work with the rumored touch functionality of the button for zoom
The report I read said swipe left/right to zoom in/out (or vice versa), and like a DSLR, light press to lock focus/exposure, hard press to trigger shutter.

kvlq

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2015
If you're reffering to the Spigen case, it has a "white material, likely a conductor similar to what Apple is doing.
To work, it must make contact with the whole button — and it looks like it will. Based on what we've learned, the button is slightly recessed, so when a phone is inserted, it will push out against the button ensuring good contact. "

CleanShot 2024-09-06 at 01.42.06@2x.png

Reactions: Glideslope

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
These look nice , but now that spigen and apple themselves are doing covered buttons I feel like manufacturers will want to update their cases.

In which case phonerebel with covered button launching June 2025 lol

Attachments

• IMG_7005.png
    IMG_7005.png
    156 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7006.png
    IMG_7006.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Haha
Reactions: Zensō
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.