Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Is the bottom of the case closed? I can't help but wonder about heat retention here... but yeah, it does look sweet. $265 though... ouch.
Yeah it looks enclosed. They have titanium/alumium back plate and plastic / TPU sides

There are also complete polycarbonate / plastic versions which are MagSafe compatible.

$265 is in Australian dollars. It’s US$180 on the US site.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
The glass is good, I've used it on my past 3 iPhones and it's been perfect. The case is also good but I would pass on the camera protectors.
You mean not bother with camera protectors or just those camera protectors?

My only thought is where the cut out for the camera button is there’s an exposed edge and I will end up dropping the phone on that bit

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
My new case has arrived!

MacRumors: "Why does anyone care about the color of their phone? You're just going to put a case over it! Nobody cares!!!!!"

The case:

IMG_7402.JPG

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I was curious why people would choose the Spigen Hybrid T over the OEM Apple clear case, but I noticed that the Spigen covers the bottom as well.

So I'm wondering if Apple's design might leave the bottom exposed to help with heat dissipation on the plastic hard cases.
With rigid poly cases like the Apple clear that don’t have softer TPU sides there needs to be either a gap at the bottom or slits at the corners to facilitate installing and removing the case. Without one or the other the case will crack in no time and will likely scratch the edges of the phone as well.

Placehold5894

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
View attachment 2418189

Probably shouldn't have bought a case this early if I am not a fan of the notch cutout. View attachment 2418190
Otterbox Defender Series for 16Pro (14pro in case ONLY for reference showing how much space will be exposed)

View attachment 2418191
The Official Apple silicone cases have a sapphire button instead of a cutout but they aren't as durable.
MYYL3

(Reference) This case works seamlessly with Camera Control. It features a sapphire crystal, coupled to a conductive layer to communicate finger movements to the Camera Control.
Buyers remorse. Ended up requesting a return for the otterbox, it was granted and on the way back to them today. The rep was curious as to why and I explained how I was not a fan of the camera cutout size on their cases and he said I was not the first to return for that reason.

pcmike

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2007
Lake Worth, FL

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Is the bottom of the case closed? I can't help but wonder about heat retention here... but yeah, it does look sweet. $265 though... ouch.
does it support MagSafe? Oh, I see polycarbonate does.
No pictures of the bottom. Besides if it's open, I've run into problems with the USB opening being too small for some of my cables.

Last edited:

dontcareaboutit

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2024

iMatt.

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010
Cupertino
Apple clear case coming today. Returning my Spigen clear case for a refund today and also sending back my Spigen EZ Fit glass as I opened the box and one had a bit of dirt stuck under the sticky peel, so ordering a new one once Amazon credit lands

Yuuuki

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2023
Germany
I couldnt help it but i totally fell in love with the lake green silicone case. So I got that one - and also got the plum because I also love that color. And beside that I also ordered the Beats case in sunset purple and Otterbox Lumen case (which sadly isn't available and I have to wait for that one). Will make pictures when I got the cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.