Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Got my Apple Silicone Case and phone today. I must say, this is the best the Silicone case has ever felt. It feels much different to me this year and seems to have a better texture to it. Helped that T-Mobile gave a 30% off coupon!

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Lake Green on Black Titanium ...think its a great combo

ZN7ttlv.jpeg

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
The ESR Armorite screen protector installer is so damn cool. I took the phone straight from the Apple box upside down and right into the installation box. Never saw the light of day before I swiped the protector right on. Push out the air and, bam, perfect application.

DennisdeWit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2016
The Netherlands
Returning the Mous Limitless 6.0. It is warped like a banana. I also don’t enjoy the way it feels. Waaay too overpriced for what it is. Luckily, this time I can return it to Amazon. So no more problems with Mous.

I have a ZAGG Santa Cruz Snap now, and will order the grey Caudabe Sheath. It will be my first Sheath ever, together with my first Natural Titanium ever. ;)

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
The ESR Armorite screen protector installer is so damn cool. I took the phone straight from the Apple box upside down and right into the installation box. Never saw the light of day before I swiped the protector right on. Push out the air and, bam, perfect application.

I did the exact same thing...flawless installation

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
i ordered a back from suti. they claim the back is firm around the camera. i’ll report back when i get it.

Please do! It looks much thicker than the Nomad one based on the stock photos.

Just for reference, the nomad case back is 1.8mm thin and weighs 27grams ( 15 Pro )

Last edited:

DJL311

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
The camera control cutout on the Gripzilla is really well done, no complaints there. I’m not a fan of how big the corners of the case are now though compared to the 14 series Gripzilla. I’m gonna return and go for the Gripmunk this time, and potentially a Caudabe case in the future depending on what people have to say about the lineup.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpeg
    IMG_0020.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 16

PeteyNice

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2003

In the shipping process, the one that comes "pre-installed" fell off the notch at the top. I kept pulling the entire screen protector through. Their video tutorial does not make it clear that you need to attach it to the top.

• Haha
Reactions: TotalMacMove

roflc0pter

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I'm pacing over here waiting for UPS which is always so late out here in the woods.

Got in my Synthesis in black and a $15. ESR case that is actually really good and comes with a screen protector and interchangeable buttons.

This beater $15. ESR kit is really nice:
Nice I got that same case for $9 with a promo code on Amazon. Will be using that for now while other case companies work on a camera control button. I think I'll ultimately settle for an Apple Silicone case when its a little cheaper.

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
I'm pacing over here waiting for UPS which is always so late out here in the woods.

Got in my Synthesis in black and a $15. ESR case that is actually really good and comes with a screen protector and interchangeable buttons.

This beater $15. ESR kit is really nice:
i got the same case (but in black not yellow buttons) for $9 and it's surprisingly good looking. i usually only use apple cases but i might actually rock this one. seems well made and stealthy.

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
Here’s my black 16PM in the black Apple Silicone case (also have a stone gray). This case looks and feels great: simple and clean, slim and comfortable, grippy but not too grippy, fits like a glove but not overly tight. As others have stated, the Camera Control cover works flawlessly, exactly the same as the uncovered button. I know this case is somewhat of a lint magnet, and in the past they haven’t been particularly durable, but I’ll just buy another if it starts coming apart. In the meantime it will definitely do the job until either more third-party manufacturers revise their camera buttons, or the iPhone 17 comes along next year.

This new capacitive button is controversial, with some claiming it’s useless, while others are saying it’s a game changer. I think for your typical non-photographer it’s unlikely to be very useful, but for those who use their phone as a secondary—or even primary—camera for more serious work, it’s going to change how they use the device. I, for one, am super excited and can’t wait to get out and give it a more thorough workout. Hoping the case makers figure out the button cover as it would be great to have a rugged case with a nice button like the Silicone for photography outings.

IMG_2211.jpeg

Last edited:

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Black 16 PM in sunset pitaka tactical slim

I also got a Pitaka Tactical Slim. I’m not sure if I like it or not now that there another cutout on it. I’m torn on whether it makes the edges feel too sharp to me. The Apple Silicone is currently feeling better to me. Whatever changes they made to it have really improved the feel of it to me. Not sure if it’ll be more durable or what, but it feel like it’ll collect less lint and stick to pockets less.

BigDipper097

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2022
I’ve been greatly enjoying the desert colored nomad rugged case I’ve been using on my pro these last few hours. I will say—and I imagine it’s the same with other cases with cutouts—using the cc button with your thumb while in portrait mode is a struggle.

Reactions: HouseofG

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
In the shipping process, the one that comes "pre-installed" fell off the notch at the top. I kept pulling the entire screen protector through. Their video tutorial does not make it clear that you need to attach it to the top.
Oh no! That's on them because it's supposed to already be attached, at least mine was. But when a clear sheet came out I did first think that it was the protector (just it's backing, it turned out)!

Zensō

Contributor
Oct 9, 2015
I’ve been greatly enjoying the desert colored nomad rugged case I’ve been using on my pro these last few hours. I will say—and I imagine it’s the same with other cases with cutouts—using the cc button with your thumb while in portrait mode is a struggle.
That’s interesting about the CC button. Others have mentioned the same thing. As a left-hander I thought it might be problematic, but as it turns out it seems to actually be placed more comfortably for those who hold their phone in their left hand.

Reactions: HouseofG

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
That’s interesting about the CC button. Others have mentioned the same thing. As a left-hander I thought it might be problematic, but as it turns out it seems to actually be placed more comfortably for those who hold their phone in their left hand.
About time someone did something nice for us!

Reactions: Zensō

ozapple

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2022
This seems interesting. Really like leather cases.
How does the cutout feel with the camera-control button?
Is it hard to press in and swipe?

I find it ok to be honest. Obviously the case doesn’t sit completely flush with the phone, but I’ve had no problems operating the capture button.

It’s not as easy as it would be if the case had one of those complete cutouts like some do, but personally I find them to be an eyesore.

I guess it comes down to which trade off you’re willing to accept :)

BigDipper097

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2022
It’s not an issue when I’m holding the phone doing other stuff. It’s just awkward to press/zoom, and only in portrait with my thumb. This could be an issue specific to the nomad rugged because it has a thicker lip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.