Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
I did mine while I was at the Apple Store right out the box. The genius thought it was cool how similar it was to their machine.

At first I thought I pulled the screen protector off when opening the contraption as the long film was still attached to the front of the protector. Wish the protector was truly edge to edge but can’t complain perfect install.
That's my only nit as well. I was surprised that it doesn't go edge to edge, but I assume there's a reason for that (?) and don't think it'll bother me at all.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
Those with apple silicone case, have you used it with previous iphones? Does the firmness hold up? Will the lips get loose with time and start showing the metal edges of your phone (stainless steel/titanium)? And then when you drop it, the phone fly out of the case and scuff the edges?
Yes, I’ve used the silicone cases with my 8 and 12 phones.

Yes, the firmness holds up. The edges don’t get loose.

I’ve dropped my 12 Pro Max a million times on tile floors. The phone does not (and can not) come out of the case.

I did manage to break a corner of my first silicone case when I dropped the phone. But the phone was unscathed. The second case is still on my 12 three years later.

amazingpupil

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2021
Yeah the buttons on the Mous Clarity 3.0 feel terrible with absolutely no travel. It's pretty trash.

Caudabe, please send me a gray sheath as soon as possible. I need it.

t76turbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Black 16 PM in sunset pitaka tactical slim
I got the same case. My first Pitaka. But I didn't know the edge on the metal ring around the camera was a little sharp. Worried it will scratch stuff I set it on with the camera ring down.

You had Pitaka cases in the past? If so, were they as sharp as this case is? Curious if it will indeed scratch things or do you just set the phone face down?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
My Synthesis will be here tomorrow or Monday. Currently have a Flo Lab clear case on. Was cheap at like $23. Buttons feel great and grip is pretty good. Weak magnets and the clear back kill it though. Knew it was temporary for free shipping $

tgwaste

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
Is the bottom part by the speaker grill hard plastic? Wondering if it digs into your pinky when resting the phone in one hand.

And how does the button cutout feel? I don’t have much confidence in any of these cutouts.
Yes the top and bottom are like that but I literally didnt even notice until reading your post. It doesn't feel uncomfortable at all, its a really good case especially for half the cost of bullstrap. The cut-out is as good as it can be. I notice the button every single time I pick up the phone. Every case will be like that. I have the Beats case as well and I like it more than I thought I would, the problem is I still notice the button even though its flush and the case is a huge finger print magnet. Bullstrap will be here in a few days, ill post pictures but I will probably return it in favor of the bellroy.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
Seems like people think they used a less porous silicone this year that feels less gross in the hand… ordered one and will see. They’re on sale for $42 at some places still like Best Buy

Reactions: Boardiesboi

dhson91

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
IMG_0288.jpeg
IMG_0289.jpeg
IMG_0285.jpeg
I'm having the Torras Screen protector and Torras case on my iPhone 16 Pro Max. The case feels sturdy and durable. It has raised edges around the cameras to help protect the lenses. You can use the ring as a stand in horizontal or vertical position because you can spin it. Also, gives some extra grip when being hand held, kinda similar to a popsocket. The only downside is the camera cutout. It's a little bit too deep. Overall, great case, great screen protector and would recommend.

Reactions: Zensō

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Since I'm only interested in leather cases for now I've moved over to the Patina Proud thread. Over there I posted a few pics of the leather Rumwot. It is pretty close to the 13PM Apple leather case.

JBlass421

macrumors 68020
Oct 29, 2019
Please help me choose one more apple silicone for my Desert Ti

Ultramarine, plum or denim?
I would personally choose Denim but I get the appeal of Ultramarine.

I saw them all in Apple Store today and Ultramarine is definitely high on the saturation it is a very nice color but personally I like toned down colors more.

I had an Ultramarine on order from Amazon’s sale but cancelled it and ordered Denim from Best Buy’s sale to add to my Stone Gray which I love but again that’s another very neutral low key color.

Out those 3 choices you’re debating you can’t go wrong with any of them with Desert Ti.

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
Alright, you guys have sold me on the Apple silicone, but which color should I go with to pair with the black iPhone? Denim, stone gray, or lake green?

Reactions: JBlass421

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
After using the Speck Presidio Grip 2 for a half day, I have a few thoughts:

1) Grip is good and it's a very protective case.

2) Fit is perfect, fits flawlessly with screen protector installed.

3) Camera Control cutout is shaped well and leaves the button easy to use.

4) Related to #3, I think I actually like the cutout as opposed to a protruding button on the case. It protects the Camera Control button from being accidentally pushed while still leaving it easy to use, and it also creates a handy little notch for my finger to grab when pulling the phone out of my pocket. I set the Camera Control button to double-click to open, which should keep it from being accidentally triggered when I inevitably touch it.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
View attachment 2424055 View attachment 2424057 View attachment 2424058 I'm having the Torras Screen protector and Torras case on my iPhone 16 Pro Max. The case feels sturdy and durable. It has raised edges around the cameras to help protect the lenses. You can use the ring as a stand in horizontal or vertical position because you can spin it. Also, gives some extra grip when being hand held, kinda similar to a popsocket. The only downside is the camera cutout. It's a little bit too deep. Overall, great case, great screen protector and would recommend.

That Torras SP has a black border? Looks like from the pic it's completely ruining the look of the thinner bezels. Would have expected better edge to edge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.