Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I didn’t have long with it in the Apple Store the other day but it seemed like maybe the new silicone cases are less “grippy” than last year’s model. Can anyone compare the two if you have them?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
My 15PM battery was always set to 100% and after a year it had degraded to 92%. Always charged with MagSafe puck unless I was traveling. The 15PM itself “recommends” setting a charging limit of 90%, so I figured that’s what I’m going to do with my 16P this year. However, I’m kind of skeptical, because I get a new phone every year and why should I deprive myself of battery just for the next person Apple sells it to…
I did 80% with my 15PM and after 406 cycles I’m at 92%. I think it has everything to do with the heat. I used it outside a lot this summer and the heat combined with iOS 18 beta cause some deg.

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
I know this is a case thread, but since screen protectors have been brought up, these are what I’m gonna go with.
I have the ESR ones that were mentioned earlier, and although installation was simple and they seem like great protectors, when you look at the phone from an angle there is a rainbow effect. So, going with these and hopefully they fix my problem.
My phone has mostly lived in my pocket , haven’t even gotten a chance to mess with the settings, the amount of lint around the edges is crazy.

Reactions: Djones96

infinilo

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2022
Interesting how many people seem super averse to any sort of cutout. I personally don't mind either direction (though in some of the bulkier cases that have full cutouts do look less than good). I actually like the full cutout on my Andar leather case, because it flashes just a little bit of that coppery gold edge of my phone..and with the blue edge of the case, sort of reminds me of what I think of as the best looking color combo phone ever, IMO, which was the Ocean Depths Essential PH-1.

Here's my 16PM in the Andar leather from the front/side:
View attachment 2424986

And in the Apple Silicone (lake green):
View attachment 2424989
Icon pack pls 👀

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Icon pack pls 👀
Taco Taco on Gumroad.

Closer look of my Homescreen if interested:
IMG_9871.png

rhyme2

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2020
I bought the Beats case for my 16 Pro Max. It looks and feels nice and doesn’t rely on a cutout, but it’s slippery, which is a bit of a worry because I have fairly small hands which makes it difficult to hold on to such a large phone securely (but my aging eyes need the extra screen real estate for larger text).

Djones96

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2022
My phone has mostly lived in my pocket , haven’t even gotten a chance to mess with the settings, the amount of lint around the edges is crazy.
I've noticed the edges get dirty quickly, quite unfortunate. I might just pull the protector off and chance it without one until the Torras ones show up on Monday.

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
I've noticed the edges get dirty quickly, quite unfortunate. I might just pull the protector off and chance it without one until the Torras ones show up on Monday.
I'm wondering whether the stickiness at the edges will go away (and maybe could be helped along with something like an alcohol wipe) though.

Reactions: Djones96

MetalMatt24

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
Has anyone got this case yet? Unicorn Beetle Grip with camera control button?

Attachments

• IMG_6857.jpeg
    IMG_6857.jpeg
    743.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    888.7 KB · Views: 5

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Any suggestions on a thin and light case? I used the pitaka case on my 15 PM and I need another case for my 16 PM.

The problem with Pitaka is I don’t like the designs of their new cases. I did order a black case a fall back but I want something besides that.

I’m currently sporting an Apple clear case and I hate everything about it. I’m just using it until my Pitaka case comes.

Rolltide14

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2018
Here is the gray caudabe sheath w black titanium iPhone 16pm. Used sheaths for the last few years. This one has great grip- love the new metal buttons! The way it handles fingerprints/ wear in general (durability) is one of my favorite parts. I also purchased a Spigen ultra hybrid, frost black- cheap and slippery - doesn’t even compare to the sheath.

Annoying part is that I ordered a Sheath and a Synthesis- but they sent me 2 sheaths… identical 🤦‍♂️

As for the cutout… I feel it’s more functional on the sheath, it’s certainly there! Doesn’t really bother me too much. Of course a button would be better, but the button itself seems kinda hard to use, and other than just a quick launch camera button idk if I’ll even use it. Haven’t seen any feedback on the synthesis- how’s it? Haven’t had one of the newer versions since my last phone was only the 14PM, and they redesigned for the 15s

Attachments

• IMG_7711.jpeg
    IMG_7711.jpeg
    563.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
    594.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7710.jpeg
    IMG_7710.jpeg
    478.6 KB · Views: 3

HouseofG

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
So,
Here is the gray caudabe sheath w black titanium iPhone 16pm. Used sheaths for the last few years. This one has great grip- love the new metal buttons! The way it handles fingerprints/ wear in general (durability) is one of my favorite parts. I also purchased a Spigen ultra hybrid, frost black- cheap and slippery - doesn’t even compare to the sheath.

Annoying part is that I ordered a Sheath and a Synthesis- but they sent me 2 sheaths… identical 🤦‍♂️

As for the cutout… I feel it’s more functional on the sheath, it’s certainly there! Doesn’t really bother me too much. Of course a button would be better, but the button itself seems kinda hard to use, and other than just a quick launch camera button idk if I’ll even use it. Haven’t seen any feedback on the synthesis- how’s it? Haven’t had one of the newer versions since my last phone was only the 14PM, and they redesigned for the 15s
So, do you prefer the Sheath or the Sheath? 😉

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.