Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
They deliberately punched a giant sloth through the screen in order to somehow create innovation out of the problem they just created to facilitate the innovation that fixed the problem they created on purpose. Why would they now shrink the problem that created its own innovation that fixed the deliberate problem and make the innovation less incredible?

Yes, that is how ridiculous dynamic island is. Apple is lost at sea with no island in sight.

xbjllb

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
How about that 8k video capable camera that still won't do 8k despite USB to transfer those huge files?

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle

Blue Nova

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2021
The dynamic island should disappear when you are in landscape mode looking at a picture. I hate it when I have to look at that dynamic island when I’m looking at a beautiful shot I took with my beautiful iPhone lens. After all, Apple, you are providing us with great lenses to shoot great pictures and video then but when viewing them, it’s not the optimum experience.

Ian Howlett

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2013
UK
Just build it absolutely massive, to make certain it doesn’t fit in anyone’s hand any more. Maybe 27 inches should do it? As long as it’s thin, thin, thin!

Reactions: arkitect

NeutraLNinja

macrumors member
May 7, 2024
I'm not surprised, advance AI feature requires a lot of RAM, 12GB is the recommended amount for smartphones, I believe it's the reason Google uses 12GB for the Pro Pixels.
Now if iPhone 16 Pro, Max will have 8GB, that won't be great, it will work but it won't be future proof for new AI features.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
It’s probably been said, but if the 17 Pro RAM rumours are true, hopefully they’ll be rolling out 12GB as standard on Macs later this year.

lenger

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2024
What desperation for news. Opining about a phone that will not be produced for at least 18 months.
Reporting on rumors is kind of the point of this entire site. Visiting, clicking, reading and commenting is completely optional on your end.

OT:
Does making the dynamic island somewhat smaller actually seem like a meaningful improvement to people that have an iPhone with the current dynamic island? Either you are bothered by it or you mentally block it out. Does a reduction in size matter then?

Reactions: lars666

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Looks like the 16 Pro will only be a minor update, with more substantial upgrades reserved for the 17 Pro

ThisIs🐵

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2021
Only 17 Pro with smaller Dynamic Island?

This means I will have to keep my iPhone 15 Pro until iPhone 18 Pro finally adopts smaller Dynamic Island.

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
Looks like the 16 Pro will only be a minor update, with more substantial upgrades reserved for the 17 Pro
Yeap. I wonder if I shouldn't have kept my 15 pro, if 16 pro brings so little more battery capacity, in spite of its bigger display and size.

The 15 pro couldn't last me a day ... But if the 16 pro can't either... Maybe I should just have gone with 15p in the first place lol
And now I'm pondering whether to wait for 17 pro...or ...yeah . **** it

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
Did I miss a generation? Like 16 Lineup is not out yet and you are already creating a buzz about 17 Lineup? This is just lazy journalism...
Yeah, I think the rise of rumors and accurate leakers revealing design, features, phone cases that prove design changes have all led to the lack of excitement year over year now. We already know a good bit about the next generation or even 2 year away iPhones which makes the next iPhone launch less exciting. That’s just the times we’re in.

StuBeck

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
That suggests iPhone 16 Pro/Max is still 8GB RAM. Doesn't bode well for complex on-device AI processing.
It'll be fine. They've already boasted that their new AI processing works on low RAM devices like iPhones and Macbook Air/Pros.

ifxf

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
It’s annoying that Apple doesn’t let you control the use of island by ios. If I have data roaming disabled, I don’t need to be told each time I use the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.