Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnelson2000

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2017
Trying the Zagg Luxe Glass for IP7+. Anyone using these having issues with the reachability feature? Mine is applied dead straight, but its hit or miss trying to use the reachability feature.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Since I am thinking of getting the Luxe+, can you clarify your question? Doesn't Reachability involve double tapping the home button? What is the interaction with the SP?

Trying the Zagg Luxe Glass for IP7+. Anyone using these having issues with the reachability feature? Mine is applied dead straight, but its hit or miss trying to use the reachability feature.

jnelson2000

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2017
Since I am thinking of getting the Luxe+, can you clarify your question? Doesn't Reachability involve double tapping the home button? What is the interaction with the SP?
double tapping seems to work 1 out of 15 times. Never had issues with the Belkin SP. Had Zagg installed Wed and nothing but issues getting the double tap to work

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
Weird! So the SP seems to be 'interfering' with the home button? Any other home button related issues you are seeing?

double tapping seems to work 1 out of 15 times. Never had issues with the Belkin SP. Had Zagg installed Wed and nothing but issues getting the double tap to work

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
7b717b591d841359b506a908e64feaba.jpg

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I think I actually like the zagg after spending a day with it. The coating seems better than others I've tried, and the light sensor for calls and what not works better than others I've tried. Just wish it were cheaper.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
That's why I got one. My iPhone 7 seems to be of the batch that has a particularly sensitive light sensor. Anything that covers the sensor, even clear glass, results in the issue where the screen won't light up during a call when the phone is moved away from my face. I am hoping, since it is true cut-outs, that the Zagg will work out. It sounds like that might be the case!

...and the light sensor for calls and what not works better than others I've tried. Just wish it were cheaper.

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I literally just finished the install on my iPhone 7 (matte black), and here's some initial feedback on the Zagg glass+ luxe:
  • Install was easy. The 'tabs' that Zagg uses make it really easy. Pro Tip: to help ensure even install, I use a headlamp and look from above. With black iphones, this helps locate the speaker grill better for alignment.
  • Love the look of the matte black frame. Might be just because it's different from all my previous E2E SP, but regardless, looks good.
  • The cut out holes seem to allow the sensor to work on calls as mentioned below. Only did one test run, but it worked. I'll comment again if the issue returns.
  • Mine did come with the cloth (in response to the video review)
  • The lint remover tape they use is low quality. Leaves too much residue on the screen. Minor nit.
I'll post more if I have more feedback. As I've stated in previous threads, I do hate the price of Zagg SP's, but was willing to try it to resolve the annoying phone call light sensor issue.

That's why I got one. My iPhone 7 seems to be of the batch that has a particularly sensitive light sensor. Anything that covers the sensor, even clear glass, results in the issue where the screen won't light up during a call when the phone is moved away from my face. I am hoping, since it is true cut-outs, that the Zagg will work out. It sounds like that might be the case!

Reactions: willmtaylor

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Anyone try the new Anker Double Defense screen protector? I bought one for my 7Plus and my GF's 7, but we are waiting to put them on until our current Anker ones scratch or crack. Just curious to see if there were any reviews here about it.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Took the plunge on the Zagg Luxe+ for my 7+. Got it installed perfectly, no issues. The matte finish bars feel really strange at first, but it's clean... I like it.

How has dust collection around the edges for this SP for others using it?

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Anyone use a e2e screen protector with a spigen slim armor case? No matter how many cases I try, I keep coming back to this one. Would like to try an e2e protector but don't want to take off my current protector if it won't work with my case.
Thanks

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I don't really worry about edge dust. I've never had an SP that didn't collect. As long as I can't see it :) In terms of the matte finish, totally agree. It also feels weird having an actual edge around the glass. To be clear, that edge is barely noticeable. So far though, I've been happy with it. Glass clarity seems better than I had with Orzly.

Took the plunge on the Zagg Luxe+ for my 7+. Got it installed perfectly, no issues. The matte finish bars feel really strange at first, but it's clean... I like it.

How has dust collection around the edges for this SP for others using it?

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
Anyone use a e2e screen protector with a spigen slim armor case? No matter how many cases I try, I keep coming back to this one. Would like to try an e2e protector but don't want to take off my current protector if it won't work with my case.
Thanks

Based on my experience most e2e won't work with spigen. Spigen cases seem to wrap up around the front more than others and are very stiff so they'll cause your e2e to lift in at least 1 corner. Having said that, I'm thinking the zagg I bought (the one others have been taking about, the glass + lux) might work. It's not as wide as the others I've used and might actually work well with spigen cases. Worth a try at least, I'm considering buying a slim or hybrid armor and trying myself.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Based on my experience most e2e won't work with spigen. Spigen cases seem to wrap up around the front more than others and are very stiff so they'll cause your e2e to lift in at least 1 corner. Having said that, I'm thinking the zagg I bought (the one others have been taking about, the glass + lux) might work. It's not as wide as the others I've used and might actually work well with spigen cases. Worth a try at least, I'm considering buying a slim or hybrid armor and trying myself.

Thanks, I've been using my playproof the last few days even though I find it a little slippery just because it's less bulky and there is definitely more room on the edge with it compared to the spigen. Might have to look into the zagg. I need to find a screen protector for an apple watch too since I'm getting one soon(again).

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
My K11 by ThanoTech is causing lifting on the corners of my E2E glass protector that weren't there with my RhinoShield CrashGuard. It's not awful, but it's constantly catching my eye. Really strange since the RhinoShield CrashGuards are a much tighter fit.

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
My K11 by ThanoTech is causing lifting on the corners of my E2E glass protector that weren't there with my RhinoShield CrashGuard. It's not awful, but it's constantly catching my eye. Really strange since the RhinoShield CrashGuards are a much tighter fit.
I had the same issue with my GD Smith.ThanoTech gave me a discount on their e2e, so I ordered it. Waiting for it to arrive within a few days.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I had the same issue with my GD Smith.ThanoTech gave me a discount on their e2e, so I ordered it. Waiting for it to arrive within a few days.

Yes, please keep us updated.

I hope it's better than the film shipped with the bumper. While the bumper is high quality, the film was absolute garbage.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I literally just finished the install on my iPhone 7 (matte black), and here's some initial feedback on the Zagg glass+ luxe:
  • Install was easy. The 'tabs' that Zagg uses make it really easy. Pro Tip: to help ensure even install, I use a headlamp and look from above. With black iphones, this helps locate the speaker grill better for alignment.
  • Love the look of the matte black frame. Might be just because it's different from all my previous E2E SP, but regardless, looks good.
  • The cut out holes seem to allow the sensor to work on calls as mentioned below. Only did one test run, but it worked. I'll comment again if the issue returns.
  • Mine did come with the cloth (in response to the video review)
  • The lint remover tape they use is low quality. Leaves too much residue on the screen. Minor nit.
I'll post more if I have more feedback. As I've stated in previous threads, I do hate the price of Zagg SP's, but was willing to try it to resolve the annoying phone call light sensor issue.
Glad to hear that the Zagg Glass+ Luxe is working out well for you. Also happy to hear that it came with the microfiber cloth it was supposed to. The nice gentleman from Zagg that sent me my review sample had been very surprised when I told him that my sample didn't come with a microfiber cloth--I'm happy to hear that others did!

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
The big win has really been the cut out holes over the sensors. Finally resolves the 'on phone call screen doesn't light up when move away from face' issue.

Glad to hear that the Zagg Glass+ Luxe is working out well for you. Also happy to hear that it came with the microfiber cloth it was supposed to. The nice gentleman from Zagg that sent me my review sample had been very surprised when I told him that my sample didn't come with a microfiber cloth--I'm happy to hear that others did!

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
Yes, please keep us updated.

I hope it's better than the film shipped with the bumper. While the bumper is high quality, the film was absolute garbage.
I reviewed the ThanoTech E2E a few days ago. Overall, I'm really happy with it--it went on like a dream, with absolutely no bubbles from the get go. The fit is very nice for a non curved SP (almost edge to edge, but not quite), so it fits with a lot of cases. So far, the only case that it doesn't work with is the Rokform Rugged Case for iPhone 7 Plus--I guess the edges on that one are too aggressive. Anyway, the only issue I have with it is that its oleophobic coating is not as good as the top screen protectors I have reviewed. It's OK, but seems to show fingerprints more easily and doesn't have that super buttery, slippery feeling that some screen protectors have. Here's my review:

Kristin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.