Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joseph34

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
I reviewed the ThanoTech E2E a few days ago. Overall, I'm really happy with it--it went on like a dream, with absolutely no bubbles from the get go. The fit is very nice for a non curved SP (almost edge to edge, but not quite), so it fits with a lot of cases. So far, the only case that it doesn't work with is the Rokform Rugged Case for iPhone 7 Plus--I guess the edges on that one are too aggressive. Anyway, the only issue I have with it is that its oleophobic coating is not as good as the top screen protectors I have reviewed. It's OK, but seems to show fingerprints more easily and doesn't have that super buttery, slippery feeling that some screen protectors have. Here's my review:

Kristin[/QUOT
Do you know if it works with all spigen cases for 7+?
Please let me know, I'm interested

rjbeh

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2011
Malaysia
I reviewed the ThanoTech E2E a few days ago. Overall, I'm really happy with it--it went on like a dream, with absolutely no bubbles from the get go. The fit is very nice for a non curved SP (almost edge to edge, but not quite), so it fits with a lot of cases. So far, the only case that it doesn't work with is the Rokform Rugged Case for iPhone 7 Plus--I guess the edges on that one are too aggressive. Anyway, the only issue I have with it is that its oleophobic coating is not as good as the top screen protectors I have reviewed. It's OK, but seems to show fingerprints more easily and doesn't have that super buttery, slippery feeling that some screen protectors have. Here's my review:

Kristin

which brand has the best oleophobic coating for all the glass protectors that you have reviewed?

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I haven't used as many as kg but of the ones I've used I like the zagg the best. It's the smoothest and showed the least fingerprints of any I've tried.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
which brand has the best oleophobic coating for all the glass protectors that you have reviewed?
I agree with Kingston73 that the Zagg screen protectors (with the sad and notable exception of the Sapphire Defense) have extremely good oleophobic coatings...

zvecka

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2015
Anyone using godosmith icemax 3d with rhinoshield playproof for 7 plus?
Are they compatible?

MILH0U5E

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
After having the ThanoTech E2E on for a few days I have to say it's the best I've had for the 7 Plus.

It's a great fit with their bumper, zero gap on any side.

The smoothness of the glass is great as well as the coating. I was skeptical after seeing the review above, but I'm impressed.

If you have the K11 bumper, or a case that didn't work with another edge to edge protector this one is worth the shot.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
After having the ThanoTech E2E on for a few days I have to say it's the best I've had for the 7 Plus.

It's a great fit with their bumper, zero gap on any side.

The smoothness of the glass is great as well as the coating. I was skeptical after seeing the review above, but I'm impressed.

If you have the K11 bumper, or a case that didn't work with another edge to edge protector this one is worth the shot.
So happy to hear that you like it! I like it too...I just wish its oleophobic coating were a teeny tiny bit better, but other than that, no complaints. And it does look great with the K11. Of course, it may be that there is variation in the oleophobic coating among screen protectors of a given model. Maybe some get a better coating than others...

Eric5273

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
New Jersey
So happy to hear that you like it! I like it too...I just wish its oleophobic coating were a teeny tiny bit better, but other than that, no complaints. And it does look great with the K11. Of course, it may be that there is variation in the oleophobic coating among screen protectors of a given model. Maybe some get a better coating than others...

After seeing your review of the Zagg Glass+ Luxe, I decided to get one. I've always been nervous about getting a screen protector since I'm a bit OCD and it would annoy me if there was any dust under the protector or if it wasn't installed 100% completely straight.

There is a Zagg kiosk in my local mall, so I decided to pay them a visit, and for $15 extra, they installed it for me and it came out perfect. So far I really like it. It makes the matte black iPhone 7 look nicer due to the matte black border, and the screen shows much less fingerprints than without the screen protector.

Another thing I've been nervous about in the past was the screen sensitivity. I do a lot of gaming on my iPhone, and due to the nature of the games I play, if there was any loss in screen sensitivity, it would be no good. I'm glad to report that there is no loss in sensitivity and the screen feels the same as if there was no screen protector, except perhaps for feeling a bit smoother, which is a good thing!

Reactions: AppleKarma

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
After seeing your review of the Zagg Glass+ Luxe, I decided to get one. I've always been nervous about getting a screen protector since I'm a bit OCD and it would annoy me if there was any dust under the protector or if it wasn't installed 100% completely straight.

There is a Zagg kiosk in my local mall, so I decided to pay them a visit, and for $15 extra, they installed it for me and it came out perfect. So far I really like it. It makes the matte black iPhone 7 look nicer due to the matte black border, and the screen shows much less fingerprints than without the screen protector.

Another thing I've been nervous about in the past was the screen sensitivity. I do a lot of gaming on my iPhone, and due to the nature of the games I play, if there was any loss in screen sensitivity, it would be no good. I'm glad to report that there is no loss in sensitivity and the screen feels the same as if there was no screen protector, except perhaps for feeling a bit smoother, which is a good thing!
Awesome! So happy you like it!! It's a great screen protector!

fotomatt1

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2007
Does anybody have experience with the Apple store installed Belkin screen protector? I think I'm going to pick up an IP7+ today and I want a screen protector. It's between the Apple store installed Belkin or a Zagg Glass Luxe +. Any thoughts?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Does anybody have experience with the Apple store installed Belkin screen protector? I think I'm going to pick up an IP7+ today and I want a screen protector. It's between the Apple store installed Belkin or a Zagg Glass Luxe +. Any thoughts?
I searched the thread for "belkin," and these users came up:
@AE14 ' @RWil85 , @noobinator

Also, I searched this forum, and these threads came up:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-7plus-belkin-glass.2016828/

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...invisiglass-screen-protector-lifting.2006989/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-store-belkin-tempered-glass.1997241/

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA

I've had one of those Belkin ones fitted by Apple for about two months now. Seems to be holding up pretty good. The bad side is that it's extremely over priced.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

My apple installed Belkin is going great. Expensive but I have no complaints.

Reactions: fotomatt1

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Sorry, I'm a late follower to this thread. From what I'm reading Apple will install the Belkin glass screen protector? Do they charge a fee if you buy it at the store?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.