Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zerog46

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2015
New Jersey
Here is my 7Plus with a Peel glass full front screen protector. Works with all my cases including Apple.

091378610beee225f0f5da0ff64a0012.jpg

8894cc1ab0e5ee4a4ddd5d1b668759bd.jpg

Last edited:

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
God, that Peel protector looks very sick.

PS: I just installed my "4d" glass from Aliexpress and I have to say - don't fall in trap with them. The glass feels ok and looks ok but it's not curved at all, completely flat and it covers much less that my previous glass which had real curved edges and I was loving it but I hate that the screen part was separated and it stood out. It also doesn't fit in almost any case - I just had one really thin silicone case and it fit but I wanted Spigen's clear one. For the price, I would say it's ok but if you really care - don't buy it.
I'm looking forward to exploring Moshi ION Glass, Peel Glass and Rhinoshield Glass which at least have real curved edges but they're bit overpriced. (I anyone has them, please feel free to post pics)

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I got a belkin invisiglass ultra fitted to my 7 at the Apple Store in U.K. Yesterday and overall happy but it doesn't cover the full viewing area of screen and leaves a mm gap either side. I went back but apple said it's normal.

meteoreos

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2016
Midlands, UK
I got a belkin invisiglass ultra fitted to my 7 at the Apple Store in U.K. Yesterday and overall happy but it doesn't cover the full viewing area of screen and leaves a mm gap either side. I went back but apple said it's normal.

I bought the same one after I picked up my iPhone 7 on launch.

Wasn't pleased with the gaps on either side of the screen as it was a bit distracting. Asked for a refund because it's unacceptable for that price.

Reactions: danny8200

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
Fitting a a Tech Armor Accessory 2 to my 7 tomorrow. I have never fitted a screen protector before, any advice. Thanks

tippytap90

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2017
Bought a SecondSkin directly from their site and love it, not least because it actually contours the curved screen. The Peel looks pretty sweet too.

MajicSho

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2016
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
I just applied a black Peel E2E screen protector and while I like the look of it, I don't think it's the best screen protector you can buy.
Doesn't fit as well as others I've used do and you see air on one side that always creeps back in after I flatten it (see the top right corner in the last picture below).

Ps. It's the same with or without the case I put on.

7ac8594619dc398f42aa56b0f1184c73.jpg
abddcca8397da2b160e8cd7a258fdeb1.jpg
0ed96155177505acc19ec497d13be5a1.jpg

Last edited:

Zerog46

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2015
New Jersey
I just applied a black Peel E2E screen protector and while I like the look of it, I don't think it's the best screen protector you can buy.
Doesn't fit as well as others I've used do and you see air on one side that always creeps back in after I flatten it (see the top right corner in the last picture below).

Ps. It's the same with or without the case I put on.

7ac8594619dc398f42aa56b0f1184c73.jpg
abddcca8397da2b160e8cd7a258fdeb1.jpg
0ed96155177505acc19ec497d13be5a1.jpg

Did that for me and went away after a day or so.

thecore762

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I bought the maxboost screen protector from amazon 2 for $7.99 ain't bad, however the side of he screen protector started catching lint that started sticking on the edges, this is annoying for a glass protector, used zagg protectors and never had this issue, on the sides catching lint ever...

Anyone got a suggestion for screen protector for the 7+ that doesn't get sticky on the edges and starts collecting lint.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
I have tried several screen protectors of different brands and all have the same issue where the don't stick properly at the edges of the screen. What am I doing wrong. I fit them perfectly.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I bought the maxboost screen protector from amazon 2 for $7.99 ain't bad, however the side of he screen protector started catching lint that started sticking on the edges, this is annoying for a glass protector, used zagg protectors and never had this issue, on the sides catching lint ever...

Anyone got a suggestion for screen protector for the 7+ that doesn't get sticky on the edges and starts collecting lint.

Certainly is annoying. I don't think this can be prevented on standard non e2e s/p's.

jhearty99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Long Island, NY

Contact Belkin directly. I had this protector put on my phone on launch day and knew right away it wasnt normal since I had the same protector on my 6s that fit perfect. So I contacted Belkin, they claimed they were aware of the issue and were working on a fix that would be released in November (obviously that never happened). So they sent me a $40 refund check so I could repurchase the new version when it was released.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I have tried DP and Akwox 3D protectors and both have the same issue. The glue covers only the center leaving a parameter uncovered that gets dust. This includes part of the home button which gets annoying.

Is there a 3D protector that has full glue? I was planning on trying Zagg Luxe next.

Thanks.

harlenmm77

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2016
Have quite a few scratches on my zagg hd glass after a month or so of use. I'm gonna take it off and try something else, but should I order a replacement hd glass from zagg or upgrade it to the glass luxe?

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Have quite a few scratches on my zagg hd glass after a month or so of use. I'm gonna take it off and try something else, but should I order a replacement hd glass from zagg or upgrade it to the glass luxe?
I just got the glass plus privacy for my 7 plus and wonder how it will be? I had a generic privacy one that was HORRIBLE cause had to keep my screen brightness on high and couldnt see anything during sunlight, hope the Zagg isnt like that.

What are the real differences between all their models?
Is there a big difference between these major brands like Zagg, Tech21, BodyGuardz, and all these name brand ones?

somethingsomething

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2017
Hi all,

I read some of the pages of this thread but not all of them :) I got a cheap generic glass screen protector. I doesn't stick around the edges and frankly looks horrible like that.

IMG_20170417_154547.jpg

The seller responds by saying this is unavoidable:
"unfortunately because the screen of the iPhone 7 is rounded at the edges this issue is unavoidable, it is called the "halo effect" and affects many smartphones including the Note 4, iPhone 6, S6 and S7, the only way to avoid it is to make the glass smaller but then the screen isn't covered properly. This problem affects all screen protectors for the iPhone 7, even the expensive brands but the glass will not fall off and will still protect your screen in case of a drop or knock."

My question to you professionals: are there (non E2E) glass screen protectors that don't suffer from this?

I saw Anker has one that is a bit smaller but that could be leading to a rainbow effect (light shining through). Also the TechMatte’s amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector seems promising, has anyone tried that one before?

Thanks!

Reactions: fabio.lordelo

Denpech

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2016
Russia, Saint Petersburg
Hi all,

I read some of the pages of this thread but not all of them :) I got a cheap generic glass screen protector. I doesn't stick around the edges and frankly looks horrible like that.

View attachment 696534

"unfortunately because the screen of the iPhone 7 is rounded at the edges this issue is unavoidable, it is called the "halo effect" and affects many smartphones including the Note 4, iPhone 6, S6 and S7, the only way to avoid it is to make the glass smaller but then the screen isn't covered properly. This problem affects all screen protectors for the iPhone 7, even the expensive brands but the glass will not fall off and will still protect your screen in case of a drop or knock."

My question to you professionals: are there (non E2E) glass screen protectors that don't suffer from this?

I saw Anker has one that is a bit smaller but that could be leading to a rainbow effect (light shining through). Also the TechMatte’s amFilm Tempered Glass Screen Protector seems promising, has anyone tried that one before?

Thanks!

https://www.gpelstore.com/collectio...-3d-curved-tempered-glass?variant=30364652487

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Hi all,

View attachment 696534

Thanks!
TechMatte is highly reputable and recommended.

Reactions: awmstone

chillip

macrumors 68030
Mar 16, 2013
That's the trouble I found with various top brands. The belkin from Apple is probably the best option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.