Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tehitter

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Chatting with Verizon right now (trying to switch my 32gb to a 128gb Matte Black 7 Plus) and the representative said:
"So far, all orders today have only one delivery date (that goes for all colors and GB) and that's September 16.\"

I'm having her cancel the 32GB and getting the 128GB.

fantasyphil

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
I assume its normal for my order to say processing right? Will it update sometime next week when they bill me and prepare to ship the phone?

Reactions: JerTheGeek

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Chatting with Verizon right now (trying to switch my 32gb to a 128gb Matte Black 7 Plus) and the representative said:
"So far, all orders today have only one delivery date (that goes for all colors and GB) and that's September 16.\"

REALLY! That's super awesome news

Reactions: willmtaylor

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
No, I ordered just the normal matte black.
I had to do the same. Jet Black was far to hard too get. I'm still likely gonna try to get one in store on launch day if my order doesn't ship in time, but hopefully it does.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA

I sure hope you are right, but I don't trust their reps. They will say anything to anyone.

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Is this the 2GB bonus data for LIFE? Because I heard that's only available on XL and higher and I only have L but I got the 2GB so I'm not sure if it actually lasts more than year.

Yes, 2GB every month for as long as you are on a L (8gb) data plan.

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
What's this "get iPhone 7 free when you trade in your device?" I am currently on a device payment plan with the iPhone 6s and have paid 50% so I'm upgrading to the 7. Everything went fine with the order but I just don't understand the promotion. What are they saying? What am I getting free? My payments look like they will be the same.

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
I ordered right at 2AM Central. Orginal ship date was 10/5 on confirmation email, now the order status says 9/23.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
What's this "get iPhone 7 free when you trade in your device?" I am currently on a device payment plan with the iPhone 6s and have paid 50% so I'm upgrading to the 7. Everything went fine with the order but I just don't understand the promotion. What are they saying? What am I getting free? My payments look like they will be the same.

That does not apply to the payment plan. It is a trade-in offer for people who own their phones outright. If you are on the payment plan, everything will stay the same.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
There's a whole other thread about it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/verizon-offering-iphone-7-for-0-with-trade-in.1993260/
[doublepost=1473424006][/doublepost]
That does not apply to the payment plan. It is a trade-in offer for people who own their phones outright. If you are on the payment plan, everything will stay the same.
Not completely true. Please read through linked thread before spreading misinformation.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Welp looks like I might be upgrading after all as it looks like I can actually save money. Count me in although I can't do anything until next week :)

JT704

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2012
Was a little wonky logging in at 3am EST to order. Took about 10 mins of in and out until I could get the phone into a cart. Ordered 7/256 black. Says will be received on the 16th. Order is in process. no other emails or communication, besides confirmation of order. Now we wait!

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
So i noticed that on my confirmation email it says "delivers by 9/16". However, i checked this morning the order status and it says "ships by 9/16"

I freaked out and called Verizon. The VZ rep mentioned that its all up to Apple and that VZ does not ship the phones directly. Apple has all the control. The rep mentioned that if i order that early i should be able to get the phone in launch day 9/16, but there is no way for VZ to confirm that since its all up to Apple.

Im super worry about this.. I always get my phones on launch day since i always have order through Apple, for this launch unfortunately, i had to use the VZ app because Apple was having problem.. Thanks Apple

301ztdf.png

160ydg7.png

LouE37

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
All...

I pre-ordered two iPhone 7 Plus devices last night and decided to hold off on doing a trade-in right then. I just got off the phone with a VZW rep to ask about this. I told her online, i saw that both of my iphone 6 devices from my current carrier were valued at $650/each. She told me to hold off on the trade-in, that she just got out of a meeting discussing this very topic. She suggested that i wait until i receive my new VZW phones, register them and then right after go to the VZW trade in site to log our phones in for the trade-in to get the $650. iPhone 6/6s including plus models are all eligible. It will take two billing cycles for the credit to kick in however they will retrocredit for that on the third bill. So we'll receive $1300 in credits which will drop our per month per phone installment price from $36 to $9! This is nationwide not just specific to my state.

Sammypurple

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Massachusetts, United States
There's a whole other thread about it here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/verizon-offering-iphone-7-for-0-with-trade-in.1993260/
[doublepost=1473424006][/doublepost]
Not completely true. Please read through linked thread before spreading misinformation.

I've read through a bit and am completely lost on how someone who is currently using the payment plan would be affected by the offer. For someone who preordered last night as an annual upgrade on the payment plan (as I assume fjfjfjfj did), it would change nothing. Am I missing something important? :confused:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
So i noticed that on my confirmation email it says "delivers by 9/16". However, i checked this morning the order status and it says "ships by 9/16"

I freaked out and called Verizon. The VZ rep mentioned that its all up to Apple and that VZ does not ship the phones directly. Apple has all the control. The rep mentioned that if i order that early i should be able to get the phone in launch day 9/16, but there is no way for VZ to confirm that since its all up to Apple.

Im super worry about this.. I always get my phones on launch day since i always have order through Apple, for this launch unfortunately, i had to use the VZ app because Apple was having problem.. Thanks Apple

301ztdf.png

160ydg7.png
Stop calling VZW. Stop freaking out. That's normal. It's normal. You'll get the phone on launch day. Just breathe. Relax.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I've read through a bit and am completely lost on how someone who is currently using the payment plan would be affected by the offer. For someone who preordered last night as an annual upgrade on the payment plan (as I assume fjfjfjfj did), it would change nothing. Am I missing something important? :confused:
It may be different if you're already on annual upgrade. But here is my understanding of the deal:
  • Purchase iPhone 7
  • Trade in old iPhone for $650 credit
  • Credit is applied to your account (the current discrepancies are whether it's as a lump sum at the beginning--what CSR's are saying, or whether it's spread out over 2 years--what the VZW Promo fine print says).
  • The "CATCH" is that customers accepting this promo are agreeing to keep that line with VZW for 2 years.
To me, this reads like a deal for those who are not yet on annual upgrades with a DPP (device payment plan), but I'm not 100%.

Reactions: Sammypurple

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC
What URL are you guys using to check order status? Is there one aside from the list of orders under My Devices?
It brings you to the same place with the same info as the order status under Support or My Devices.

My status is currently "Processing" and it shows no other details besides that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.