Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
My iPhone 7+ order just says "inventory not available. delivery will be updated when available"

No ship date. No nothing. Ordered on the business site at about 3:17 AM EDT.

Interestingly, I just ordered another coworker a phone this morning, iPhone 7 not + and his says delivered by 9/16.

What did you put in for user name on the order status page to get it to work? I've tried every variation of the account username, business name, and my name and nothing will work.

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
Ok, so for those of you wondering how the $649 trade-in promo works, I got a Verizon agent to copy and paste the whole script of how the process works:

1 Purchase a new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus through an Indirect Local Agent or Big 6 on a device payment agreement. New customers and upgrade reason code EA or EC
2 Activate the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus when received.
3 Provide the customer with the applicable print on demand.
4 Visit the Online Device Trade-In Program website at vzw.com/device-recycle and sign in to the main account holder's My Verizon account.
5 Select the device to trade and answer the condition questions.
For consumer trade-in submissions:
•The promotional value will automatically populate through the trade-in submission process.
•Single use promo codes will not be used, unless the promo value does not automatically populate (see Escalation Process for Local Agent and Big 6 for further details).​

So essentially, wait until you get the new phones, go to vzw.com/device-recycle and you should see the correct $649 populate. No promo codes.

nikster21

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Napa Valley
Our Verizon business manager sent me an order sheet yesterday for what I wanted. Sent them the info and woke up to an email that says mine will have an approx ship date of 9/23. Not to bad for not having to stay up late and deal with any computer lag.

7+ / 128gb / Matte Black

lilvenom

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I just hit the 50% to stay on the payment plan. I don't think the $650 credit is beneficial if you want to upgrade your phone every year, as it's not a lump-sum credit. It's a monthly credit over 24 months.

For example (payment plan):

My iPhone 6S 64GB was $749
If I still owed 50% ($375) and have already made $375 in payments, I have 2 options:

1. Pay nothing, trade-in my phone and continue the monthly payment plan for the iPhone 7.
2. Pay off the remaining balance ($375), trade-in my phone and get a "$650 credit" towards the iPhone 7 when entering into a new 2 year payment plan.

However, option #2 isn't really a $650 credit if I plan to upgrade to the iPhone 8 next year. It's a $27/month credit (for the 32GB base model) x 12 months. This means I will have paid $749 for 12 months of usage of my iPhone 6S + $0 for 12 months of usage of an iPhone 7. This comes out to $749 total over 24 months (1 year with the iP6S and 1 year with the iP7). When the iPhone 8 is released, I trade in the iP7 and monthly payments (i.e. $27/month) would start up again at that point.

If I go with option #1 and just stay on the monthly payment plan, I trade in the iP6S that I've already paid $375 on and make $27/mo payments (for the base iP7 32GB) x 12 months until the iP8 is released. This is $325 for the iP7 + the $375 I've already paid on the iP6S (prior to trading it in) for a total of $700 over 24 months.

So Option #1 is $50 cheaper over a 24 month period than option #2 in my scenario where I plan to upgrade to the iP8 next year.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! There's just one thing - from what I understand, the $650 credit is for the line, not the phone. So no matter what you do, the entire $650 credit will apply to your line over 24 months. They want you to stay with Verizon for 24 months regardless of whatever phone you're using. So in this scenario, you'd be saving more money, you just have to front the $375 remaining on your current 6S. Does that make sense?

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
What did you put in for user name on the order status page to get it to work? I've tried every variation of the account username, business name, and my name and nothing will work.

What do you mean? I log into my business account and it has two orders there. You can't check business order status on the main order page. Our confirmation numbers aren't even the same. Mine starts with MB which the regular site won't even accept.

jmcunningham

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Nashville, TN
I ordered my 7+ 128gb matte black around 2:10a CDT (CST..always get them confused). I paid in full, using the Apple store app on my iPad. The confirmation email and the order status page in the Apple store say Sept 16 delivery.

After seeing the 650 trade in offer at 10p last night, I also bought my wife an Iphone 7, 128gb, silver around 2:20a CDT. I used the verizonwireless website, and was able to get the 650 trade-in option. new phone is approx $31 per month, and trade in credit will be $27 per month...so about $4 per month made this a no-brainer. The confirmation email said shipping Sept 16 (at this stage, the shipping date has always resulted in the delivery date, for me). When I login my account, I see no date, though. Just processing.

Also...got the confirmation email this morning about the $650 trade-in, saying I would get a return box in the mail in 7-10 days.

To get the $650 credit when I bought...I logged in, chose "my devices", selected my wife's 6+, then chose upgrade. After selecting the iphone 7, it walked me through the trade-in step, showing $650 for her phone.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Ordered the 128GB Jet Black 7+, order processing. Going the upgrade route, wanted to switch to T-Mobile but they want $150 up-front (for the 128GB 7+) which due to being on reduced hours at work I cannot afford right now. Upgrading through Verizon on my existing 2GB plan was $20 up-front and $36 a month for the device payment plan. Going to trade-in my iPhone 6 once the 7+ comes in.

*Update - Order status currently shows "Expected ship date: 11/16/2016" o_O

Last edited:

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Do you remember off hand if it's required a signature? I'm trying to decide if I should take PTO next Friday.
Yep, always been FedEx for me as well. If you are not going to be home, you can leave a note on the door with the tracking number and your signature requesting that the package be left at your door or some other specified spot at your house, as long as it's not a mailbox.

Reactions: mjschabow

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Do you remember off hand if it's required a signature? I'm trying to decide if I should take PTO next Friday.

I've had both Fedex and UPS from Verizon and usually they won't leave but others they have. YMMV.

jkozlow3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks! There's just one thing - from what I understand, the $650 credit is for the line, not the phone. So no matter what you do, the entire $650 credit will apply to your line over 24 months. They want you to stay with Verizon for 24 months regardless of whatever phone you're using. So in this scenario, you'd be saving more money, you just have to front the $375 remaining on your current 6S. Does that make sense?

I don't think the credit is for the line, no. I believe it is for the phone and you will stop receiving credits once you upgrade your iP7. So if you upgrade again in a year, the monthly $27 credit goes away because you traded in your iP7 before the entire balance had been paid off (yes, they are giving you a $27/mo credit, but there is still a $27/mo charge that goes along with it - the monthly credit just cancels out the monthly charge).

Where are you seeing anything to indicate that you are guaranteed a total of $650 in credits? What if I decide to trade in my iP7 for something else in 3 months? I wouldn't expect Verizon to keep giving me credits at that point. I don't think it works like that. That would not be cost-effective for them.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Another chat with a Verizon rep. My business order doesn't even have a date but says "will be fulfilled as inventory arrives". Rep said they expect my order to be shipping by Friday FWIW. Matte Black 128 Gb 7+

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010
What do you mean? I log into my business account and it has two orders there. You can't check business order status on the main order page. Our confirmation numbers aren't even the same. Mine starts with MB which the regular site won't even accept.

There's a link in the confirmation email that says "check your order status" that takes you to a page to check the status of business orders.

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
There's a link in the confirmation email that says "check your order status" that takes you to a page to check the status of business orders.

I haven't gotten an email. Another point of worry. But I can check status online after logging into my account.

lilvenom

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2007
I don't think the credit is for the line, no. I believe it is for the phone and you will stop receiving credits once you upgrade your iP7. So if you upgrade again in a year, the monthly $27 credit goes away because you traded in your iP7 before the entire balance had been paid off (yes, they are giving you a $27/mo credit, but there is still a $27/mo charge that goes along with it - the monthly credit just cancels out the monthly charge).

Where are you seeing anything to indicate that you are guaranteed a total of $650 in credits? What if I decide to trade in my iP7 for something else in 3 months? I wouldn't expect Verizon to keep giving me credits at that point. I don't think it works like that. That would not be cost-effective for them.

I can't find any terms and conditions page... The way it's worded in the offer makes your scenario more likely. Who knows. I already pre-ordered my phone the same way you did so I guess I'm stuck with that no matter what. Just wish it was clearer with the scenarios to upgrade in a year.

"$649.99 on device payment req'd. Less $650 credit over 24 months with trade in of qualified iPhone. Credits begin 2-3 bill cycles & end when balance paid or line canceled. 0% APR."

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
What time did your order go through?

Order Date:
09/09/2016 03:17:15
Order Status:
Awaiting Inventory

This order is for a product not currently available in our warehouses. When we receive the inventory, we will process payment and ship it immediately. You will receive notification when this occurs.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Order Date:
09/09/2016 03:17:15
Order Status:
Awaiting Inventory

This order is for a product not currently available in our warehouses. When we receive the inventory, we will process payment and ship it immediately. You will receive notification when this occurs.

Which model?

Extoll

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2015
Southport Nc
It matters on the area you live in if you will get UPS or Fed Ex.

I am like a lot of you. Verizon website was down and finally got my order in. Email for order showed up at 3:30am from verizon. Ordered the Iphone7+ black 256g. I am very upset with verizon not having the website ready to go for this. Praying right now it comes on the 16th. I didn't wake up at 2:50 in the morning just to get a phone a week late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.