Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sh4ners

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2006
Chicago
so i went to the Verizon store and talked to folks and they said they only have iPhone 7 no plus and that plus are all at the apple stores. guess it right cause more stock at the apple store than the carriers.

AWDV8TT

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm annoyed I picked JB at the time. I was 50/50 on it and figured, why not, it's the halo color this time around and I ordered within the first 30 min.....minimal risk :/

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I am in the SAME boat!! My card was declined on Monday and then Wednesday I updated my card info and they charged my card IMMEDIATELY. YET I still don't have updated shipping info but I called 4 different reps today who all say that my phone HAS shipped and I will receive it by 10:30am tomorrow but it's frustrating not SEEING a tracking number. 7 plus 128gb silver
See they can't even see if mine has shipped. Which is extremely frustrating! I just have nothing. I got declined Tuesday night, updated my card Tuesday night and was immediately charged. I REALLY hope it shows up. I've really been looking forward to it. I ordered a rose gold 7+ 128gb.

Oh and when I go to the preorder page to check my status, it just tells me my pre order number and gives me the option to cancel :(

Last edited:

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
HEADS UP YALL!!!

256 IP 7+ MATTE BLACK SENT TO WAREHOUSE FOR SHIPMENT! Order from Michigan here, no activity til now, says ship date now 9/15....Sweet jesus I have been waiting for this for days.
Did you get an email or did you see it by going to the website? I'm charged but no email yet.

Hooshka

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2014
Berkeley, CA
I have been reading this forum for the past week and follow every year as I eagerly await whether or not my phone will arrive on release day. Despite the fact that I'm usually more of a lurker, I'm adding my two cents partly as a catharsis and partly to send congratulations to those who are getting their phones tomorrow. I've seen the forum wax and wane between excitement/camaraderie to arguments/harassment as people lose and regain hope. I certainly understand it all and am happy to have a place where folks can share elation and disappointment.

I have not heard any news about my 7+ 256GB Black and have lost hope for a delivery tomorrow. I feel like a kid who opened his Christmas present and found socks.

My hypothesis is that Apple was uncertain whether a phone with a same form-factor would generate any excitement during preorders and erred on the side of caution by producing a limited number of units. What they didn't seem to figure on was that the Apple upgrade program, and similar programs with the carriers, that were implemented last year make it a no-cost event to upgrade this round. As a result, they had to account for people willing to pay flat out in addition to everyone who can upgrade at no extra cost per month. Likewise, carriers like Verizon enticing people to upgrade with $650 for an trade-in adds a whole new pool of people willing to upgrade. This led, for the first time in history, to models being unavailable in stores at launch. Now they have to play catchup for a while.

The same thing happened with the release of the Apple watch. They had a new product, were uncertain whether it would sell, and produced a small amount to start. I ordered the Apple watch I at 12:03 PST and had to wait a month to get it.

I'm sure it's hard to anticipate the best strategy and predict sales, but considering they failed to predict accurately for two launches in the recent past, I think they need to hire some better actuaries.

Well, this is the end of my venting and I feel about 22% better. I am now off to maniacally check whether my card was charged, pray to the deities, and mope.

davidbow1e

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2015
Did you get an email or did you see it by going to the website? I'm charged but no email yet.

Went to the preorder.verizon website...the link from the email they sent way at preorder still showed the 23rd shipping, but the other site where you put confirmation number and last name gave me the 15th ship date and said it's being sent to the warehouse for shipment. Card is also charged!

Reactions: LeahJoFoxtrot

NoSleepTiliPhone7+

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
I have been reading this forum for the past week and follow every year as I eagerly await whether or not my phone will arrive on release day. Despite the fact that I'm usually more of a lurker, I'm adding my two cents partly as a catharsis and partly to send congratulations to those who are getting their phones tomorrow. I've seen the forum wax and wane between excitement/camaraderie to arguments/harassment as people lose and regain hope. I certainly understand it all and am happy to have a place where folks can share elation and disappointment.

I have not heard any news about my 7+ 256GB Black and have lost hope for a delivery tomorrow. I feel like a kid who opened his Christmas present and found socks.

My hypothesis is that Apple was uncertain whether a phone with a same form-factor would generate any excitement during preorders and erred on the side of caution by producing a limited number of units. What they didn't seem to figure on was that the Apple upgrade program, and similar programs with the carriers, that were implemented last year make it a no-cost event to upgrade this round. As a result, they had to account for people willing to pay flat out in addition to everyone who can upgrade at no extra cost per month. Likewise, carriers like Verizon enticing people to upgrade with $650 for an trade-in adds a whole new pool of people willing to upgrade. This led, for the first time in history, to models being unavailable in stores at launch. Now they have to play catchup for a while.

The same thing happened with the release of the Apple watch. They had a new product, were uncertain whether it would sell, and produced a small amount to start. I ordered the Apple watch I at 12:03 PST and had to wait a month to get it.

I'm sure it's hard to anticipate the best strategy and predict sales, but considering they failed to predict accurately for two launches in the recent past, I think they need to hire some better actuaries.

Well, this is the end of my venting and I feel about 22% better. I am now off to maniacally check whether my card was charged, pray to the deities, and mope.

A bunch of people's cards were charged with a similar model, be patient.

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
The big problem IMO is they should have announced the phone then released it first week of october. Would've given them time to make a ton of phones AND ship them to Apple, the Carriers, BBY, and Walmart/Target.

nwfrog

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2016
My iPhone 7 Plus 128gb Matte Black is in Portland, Oregon for delivery tomorrow. I ordered at 12:13 PST.

LeahJoFoxtrot

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2016
Went to the preorder.verizon website...the link from the email they sent way at preorder still showed the 23rd shipping, but the other site where you put confirmation number and last name gave me the 15th ship date and said it's being sent to the warehouse for shipment. Card is also charged!
Mine says the same thing! YAY!!!

blubz

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
Oh my goodness. I finally got charged for my IP7 / 128gb / matte black!!

No shipping info YET & expected delivery initially said 9/23, which I'm fine with if it stays that way... but just so happy they FINALLY took my money!! Progress! Now I can stop refreshing my bank account.

mdtp333

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
I spoke to a VZW rep by chat a few hours ago. There were a few things that I needed to get fixed on my account, so he was nice enough to do them for me. He says that my 7/128/MB should arrive by Monday, but most likely tomorrow or Saturday. He wasn't able to give me a tracking number as the system he says wasn't functioning properly. He assured me everything was ok with my phone. He did say that the orders page on ones VZW account should update within the next 24 hrs. To make matters worse, I never received a confirmation email or any email with a tracking number so I'm in limbo, but he assured me everything was good and the phone was in transit.

Edit: I should add that people should check their emails to make sure that they've accepted the Terms and Conditions. He said that by not doing that, it could delay the order. Also, it's good to make sure that your account is not past due.

Rm3131

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Hey guys, so I preordered a jet black 7 128 because I wanted to go back down from having a Plus...I was on at 2:58 am EST and didn't get a preorder page until 3:11 and when I did, the ship day was 10/5 which I thought was annoying. I ended up just doing it assuming the color was in demand whether or not it was a Plus. When I woke up for work the next morning the same phone was showing a ship date of 9/23 but I didn't cancel my order because I assumed getting up and placing an order early would do something. I guess I was wrong because it still says it's processing.

Is anyone going to try going to a Verizon store in the morning? I'm debating it because I've always had luck going in store on a launch weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.