Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Don't understand this ups thing, mine progressed to the hub that mine gets delivered to my house from and still no delivery date. Plus I'm working Monday with no way to pre sign or even log in and choose a 2 hour window for delivery.
[doublepost=1474106064][/doublepost]Ah, my wife's 32gb RG plus shipped overnight by FedEx. Ordered a bit past 3am on preorder night. Was scheduled for the 28th.

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
Don't understand this ups thing, mine progressed to the hub that mine gets delivered to my house from and still no delivery date. Plus I'm working Monday with no way to pre sign or even log in and choose a 2 hour window for delivery.
[doublepost=1474106064][/doublepost]Ah, my wife's 32gb RG plus shipped overnight by FedEx. Ordered a bit past 3am on preorder night. Was scheduled for the 28th.
I haven't received my tracking yet.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I haven't received my tracking yet.

It's it's ups it won't be worth much when you get it. Me and my wife's phone had same location code and hers was sent FedEx which I can presigh for. Can't on ups, not that I can figure out anyways.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH

Leave a note on your door with the tracking number and your signature asking them to leave it on your porch (or wherever you want it). Has never not worked for me.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Killa Aaron

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2011
Chicago
Jet Black Plus shipments might be improving, this first page always had a 10/5 deliver date now its changed on both my pages to 9-23.:eek: A week after release isn't bad if it holds true.
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.30.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 5.30.22 AM.png

Last edited:

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Anyone else get their phone but still can't make calls/text? I got both of ours yesterday and they are all setup (after a LOOOOONNNNNNNNG download of iTunes) but I can't call out or text so I'm guessing they are not fully activated. Suggestions? Tried restarts, sim removal, etc. any ideas other than calling Verizon?

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
It's it's ups it won't be worth much when you get it. Me and my wife's phone had same location code and hers was sent FedEx which I can presigh for. Can't on ups, not that I can figure out anyways.
I'll see if Verizon can help me get a tracking number.

jdsmitty10

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Disregard my previous post about trouble activating. Looks like I got it by going to Verizon's site and "activating new device"

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Now hear me out LOL. I know its just a phone, I get it. However all the hype of anticipating getting it yesterday is now gone!!! I was really hoping to get it, now I really dont give a SH$T when it gets hear, sort of like opening your birthday present and its underwear :)Still shows processing, no CC charge etc. Kinda ticks me off like the most of you that I order right after launch and other people are getting there's already. 128GB Matte Black 7+

Joe Coolest

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016

If you're signed up for UPS My Choice you can have them hold it for pickup. Mine was also supposed to come Monday. I requested to have it held at UPS facility. Now I am able to pick it up anytime between Mon-Fri and it's there already so I plan on picking it up first thing Monday morning.

Dominican

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2013
If you're signed up for UPS My Choice you can have them hold it for pickup. Mine was also supposed to come Monday. I requested to have it held at UPS facility. Now I am able to pick it up anytime between Mon-Fri and it's there already so I plan on picking it up first thing Monday morning.
You sure about this

cforster

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Missouri USA
Leave a note on your door with the tracking number and your signature asking them to leave it on your porch (or wherever you want it). Has never not worked for me.
This has always worked for me. It did yesterday too.
[doublepost=1474116049][/doublepost]
3:14. Just got charged a few hours ago now.
Any update on Verizon's status site yet?

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

Joe Coolest

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
You sure about this

I selected the option last night as soon as I saw what the delivery date and time was and it currently says "special instructions: hold for pickup" when I check the tracking. Only other option they had was to deliver to another address but the address had to be within a couple of houses/apartments of the original delivery address. I guess those are Verizon's requests.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
My 128 silver 7+ shipped today, due here Tuesday. Original ship date was 9/28.

Also, anytime a signature has been required the ole note on the door never worked for me. My fedex guy said he could get into trouble for doing it. I figured he wasn't full of crap. I tip him each year. He'd likely do it if he could.

Reactions: InvalidBassist

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011

I'm signed up but since there is no delivery date I can't seem to do anything with it. It's at my local hub which would mean Monday so I'm going to try the Note on door thing that someone told me works for them.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
Quick question for all the verizon folks on here, I tried contacting verizon but im impatient with the hold times. Im turning in my 6+ for the $650 credit, however my wife has a 6S+ that is still under contract for a year, would you know by chance if I can trade hers in for the $650 credit for the 7+ if she's under contract?

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Quick question for all the verizon folks on here, I tried contacting verizon but im impatient with the hold times. Im turning in my 6+ for the $650 credit, however my wife has a 6S+ that is still under contract for a year, would you know by chance if I can trade hers in for the $650 credit for the 7+ if she's under contract?

I'm 98.5% sure that's a no since that phone is still under a contract. The trade in would essentially take her out of contract. Verizon wouldn't want that - that would be consumer friendly.

Dont get me wrong I like Verizon they just aren't very customer friendly

NewbornBliss

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Texas
Along with the note, You could also put a small cooler with ice and a couple gatorades and water bottles on the porch just in case your delivery guy is parched from delivering all of those phones. Bribing works and the Carriers that deliver to my house and business take good care of us now.

Crwmlw

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2011
Chicago,Il
I'm 98.5% sure that's a no since she under contract that would take her out of contract - Verizon wouldn't want that - that would be consumer friendly
My only thought would be this....Trading it in for the device payment plan? Im essentially buying the phone at full retail at that point anyway and not under another contract? Verizon hold times are crazy so I cant find out from them quite yet ;)

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
If you're under a 2 year contract absolutely not. I tried last year with all my power when the 6s came out. I was juggled around for awhile until I spoke with one of the district managers and he so NO. He ended up giving me some credit for the mix up.

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
Well my ship date has been pushed back from the 16th to the 23rd and now to the 28th. Way to go Verizon!

camfagan

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
What time did you preorder?

went to apple and got a leather case and the girl who checked me out told me she hadn't seen a 32 MB 7 pre order come in today.. i ordered it at probably 9:30AM the first Friday for preorders... guess i just got lucky

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.