Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alhurricane

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
My shipping date has been knocked back from 9/23 to 9/30. Apparently even though they likely have stock of my wife's rose gold 128gb 7, they won't ship it until my mate black 128gb 7+ is ready. Very frustrating!

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Shipped.

Had originally 9/28 (purchased xx:15am) and shipped yesterday 9/16.

iPhone 7+ Matte Black 32gb

Theirb123

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
IM GOINT TO REACH OUT TO VERIZON SEE IF THAT MEANS ANYTHING.

Relax lol they're either not going to tell you anything or feed you ********. Until you reach the earliest ship date you've seen on your account, there is nothing to really tell them. For example "I ordered at 4:30 AM EST and my phone hasn't shipped and this guy on the internet said he ordered at 4:45 and had a ship date 2 weeks later already got his phone." "Well sir, we show "" date for your phone to ship." "But this guy on the internet..." "Sir, we show "" date for your phone to ship."

It's annoying, but it's really a moot point.

Costino1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2012
Order placed at 9/9 3:20am for a 128g Gold 7+
Had a estimated ship date of 9/26
Card charged at 9:50 pm 9/15
Shipping email received at 7:11 9/16
Shipment date changed to 9/16
Here's what my tracking looks like

• Nashville, TN, US
  • 09/17/2016 2:15 A.M.
  • Arrival Scan
  • Memphis, TN, US
  • 09/16/2016 10:18 P.M.
  • Departure Scan
  • 09/16/2016 12:10 P.M.
  • Origin Scan
Hopefully it'll be here Monday!

We're in the exact same boat. I'm supposed to get mine Tuesday but I'm hoping Monday (I live in NW Indiana) since I have a busy Tues and Weds.

dantheman912

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Relax lol they're either not going to tell you anything or feed you ********. Until you reach the earliest ship date you've seen on your account, there is nothing to really tell them. For example "I ordered at 4:30 AM EST and my phone hasn't shipped and this guy on the internet said he ordered at 4:45 and had a ship date 2 weeks later already got his phone." "Well sir, we show "" date for your phone to ship." "But this guy on the internet..." "Sir, we show "" date for your phone to ship."

It's annoying, but it's really a moot point.
YEAH BUT MY WIFE STILL HAS A SHIPPING DATE AND MINE DOES NOT SO ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE ME A BS SHIPPING DATE?

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I agree actually. If they can't do well with this, next year will be a nightmare.

It depends next year too on whether there is a component that is causing problems. A month or so ago there were rumors that the dual camera was having production issues. If true, that can help explain some of the lack of supply.

Theirb123

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
YEAH BUT MY WIFE STILL HAS A SHIPPING DATE AND MINE DOES NOT SO ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE ME A BS SHIPPING DATE?

Nah they'll just say 10/12 or they don't know. There are 3 different preorder pages on verizon and all different sometimes. Check the link in your confirmation email, My Orders under My Verizon on their website, and preorder.verizonwireless.com with your confirmation number.

Morcom

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
My shipping date has been knocked back from 9/23 to 9/30. Apparently even though they likely have stock of my wife's rose gold 128gb 7, they won't ship it until my mate black 128gb 7+ is ready. Very frustrating!
Hand me a paddle because I'm in the same boat

Reactions: cdavidson012

dantheman912

macrumors member
May 19, 2015
Nah they'll just say 10/12 or they don't know. There are 3 different preorder pages on verizon and all different sometimes. Check the link in your confirmation email, My Orders under My Verizon on their website, and preorder.verizonwireless.com with your confirmation number.
Yeah I checked the link in my email and it gives me a ship date of 10/12/2016 but the website shows none.

Speedy00002

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Hello,
I ordered 2 iPhones 7 Plus on 9/9/2016 at 9AM and it says shipping date 9/28/2016 but I just looked at me CC and just saw today they charged it. Does that mean they will be shipping it soon?? B/C I thought they don't charge your card until it was shipped or shipping.

TheTotoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Hand me a paddle because I'm in the same boat

I'm just sad because people have been receiving their gold or mb 7+'s they ordered *after* me and I still have no progress. Ship date went from "deliver by" 9/28 to "ships on" and no charge yet.

Ugh.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
what time did you order?
10 min after launch. I've been on the phone with Verizon so much trying to fix it. Hours and hours. My card declined because they thought fraud, I added a new card and was charged within the same hour. But my phone never went out. I was supposed to get it on launch day. I had to talk to supervisors because no one knew what was going on with it.
[doublepost=1474124802][/doublepost]
Hello,
I ordered 2 iPhones 7 Plus on 9/9/2016 at 9AM and it says shipping date 9/28/2016 but I just looked at me CC and just saw today they charged it. Does that mean they will be shipping it soon?? B/C I thought they don't charge your card until it was shipped or shipping.
Yep u will prob get it The beginning of next week

Reactions: Speedy00002

bricyman

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
IDAHO
Hi, I have been lurking in this thread since it was around 50 pages long. I am new to Verizon, and the mechanics of pre-orders. I just want to ask if Verizon will send an email notification or text to let me know that there has been a charge in my CC? I feel like I am going crazy constantly checking my CC app only to be disappointed that I wasn't charged yet.

Thanks!

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
Maybe Apple should have just said preorders open on the 9th. And delivery on the 23rd. Would have given them more opportunity to build stock for first day delivery.

Didn't they do this a year or 2 ago?

iByrd484

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Has anyone experience this, I ordered iPhone 7 plus 32 GB, black at 344am est 9/9. My orginal expected ship date was 9/28. Last night I got charged $27.50 for early upgrade, and that deducted my bill from 208 to 181 roughy. Now the mystery part, my ship date has disappeared and haven't gotten any updates.

What does it mean??? This anticipation that me like Christmas.

Speedy00002

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
10 min after launch. I've been on the phone with Verizon so much trying to fix it. Hours and hours. My card declined because they thought fraud, I added a new card and was charged within the same hour. But my phone never went out. I was supposed to get it on launch day. I had to talk to supervisors because no one knew what was going on with it.
[doublepost=1474124802][/doublepost]
Yep u will prob get it The beginning of next week

ok, Thank you, I will let you know any updates I get!

co22

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2011
Washington DC area
Has anyone experience this, I ordered iPhone 7 plus 32 GB, black at 344am est 9/9. My orginal expected ship date was 9/28. Last night I got charged $27.50 for early upgrade, and that deducted my bill from 208 to 181 roughy. Now the mystery part, my ship date has disappeared and haven't gotten any updates.

What does it mean??? This anticipation that me like Christmas.

I'm in the same boat. I originally thought it meant that shipping is imminent, but I've still not received a tracking number. Now I'm thinking that it's because my new billing cycle starts in a couple of days, and Verizon wants to start collecting device payments from me before they even ship the phone.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I'm in the same boat. I originally thought it meant that shipping is imminent, but I've still not received a tracking number. Now I'm thinking that it's because my new billing cycle starts in a couple of days, and Verizon wants to start collecting device payments from me before they even ship the phone.

I exchanged Facebook messages with them about that very question. I left my 2-year contract and went with the Device Payment plan when I preordered the 7. I told them it would be unfair and maybe illegal to be making payments on something that you don't even have yet. They assured me that the Device Payments would not start until after I had activated the new phone. We'll see...

Spencer5556

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
D

I am in the same boat as well. VZW said depending on the warehouse, tracking could take a couple days because of the weekend. My thought is that they are working OT for the next week and that the weekend shouldn't mess with too much.

iByrd484

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
I called verzion about it and she said my ship date still says the 28th even tho I was charged and the date disappeared on my side.

RansZ28

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Gilbert AZ
I am brand new to VZW. I preordered 3 iPhone 7 JB and a 7 Black Plus about 1a PT. I had to call to confirm identity, and my preorder status shows expected ship day 10/5. I had zero down so no way of seeing my credit card being charged.

Does VZW ship all 4 units in a single box?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.