Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
I ordered my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB through the business website and got my confirmation email at 12:29 am Pacific. It says:

Status Awaiting Inventory
Delivered By Date 09/28/2016

I think thats as good as it gets for that model?

Reactions: stubert

stubert

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2011
Submitted my order around 2:30 AM CST... Ordered an iPhone 7, Jet Black, 128GB. Says it won't ship until 10/5. I was disappointed that I was unable to change the shipping address to go to my work instead of my house...but maybe I'll just sit at home and wait for the delivery instead of working that day. :D

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Just called Verison and got some info around this....others might be interested to know also:

To get the 2gb bonus, you first have to be on the new "L" plan for example. Since I was on the "More Everything" plan, the bonus would not apply. So, we switched me over to the "L" plan. Even after doing this though, they could only say that there is a possibility of getting the 2GB bonus applied if I upgrade to the 7. When I first asked about the 2GB bonus for those on the "L" plan and upgrading to a 7, they didn't know anything about it. After putting me on hold and doing some research, they came back and said that yes, there is a promotion going on and there is a "possibility" that I'd get the 2GB bonus data if I upgraded, but only if I was on the "L" plan when I upgraded. Hum?

Now the new "L" plan they switched me to doesn't kick in till next month, so even more speculative that if I upgrade "now" to the 7 that I'd get the 2gb data bonus. Probably safer to wait till next month I guess!

If it is more than a couple days before the end of your billing cycle, they can back date the L plan to start at the beginning of your current billing period. This will allow you to get the 2GB bonus when you order the ip7.
I know because I just changed my plan (from More Everything to New Verizon Plan 12GB) last night a few hours before the preorder time, and my 4 phones now have 2GB each. The confirmation was in my IP7 order confirmation email.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Two questions, can someone tell me the breakdown of the bill they got charged? I literally do not understand what I got charged for in the DPP.

Second, if I put the wrong IMEI # phone (but still the same phone capacity/version I want to trade in), which was a terrible process because throughout my accounts years we have had multiple iphone's on our account, will that be alright?

joshuakhania

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
West Milwaukee, WI
If I ordered two phones: a jet black 7 and a matte black 7+ will Verizon hold the 7+ til the jet black is in stock to complete the order? Or do they ship them as they are available?

iteklog

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NNJ/NYC
My Verizon order email confirmation says "delivered by 9/16" but the order status page says "Expected ship date 9/16" Anyone know what to make of this?
We are on the same boat, as per people that order on past launches viz verizon says that we would get it on 9/16...

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Submitted my order around 2:30 AM CST... Ordered an iPhone 7, Jet Black, 128GB. Says it won't ship until 10/5. I was disappointed that I was unable to change the shipping address to go to my work instead of my house...but maybe I'll just sit at home and wait for the delivery instead of working that day. :D

Yeah, mine actually said 9/28 last night and then changed to 10/5 today. I still have a hunch we'll see them next Friday because the last time I preordered I was given the same time frame and got it release day. The only thing that worries me is that reports of very low supply this time around. I guess if all fails, 10/5 is ok as I have the 6s Plus and it's a great phone. If I was coming from a 4s I'd be saying "come on already!"

lz80521

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
The delivery date for my 256G 7+ Black changed from 09/23 to 09/28, anyone in same boat?

benboy12

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2014
If it is more than a couple days before the end of your billing cycle, they can back date the L plan to start at the beginning of your current billing period. This will allow you to get the 2GB bonus when you order the ip7.
I know because I just changed my plan (from More Everything to New Verizon Plan 12GB) last night a few hours before the preorder time, and my 4 phones now have 2GB each. The confirmation was in my IP7 order confirmation email.

Think they will add the extra data if you did the plan change and ordered the new phone on the same day, but did it in the wrong order?

Ntran

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Have someone successfully ordered the 7plus 128gb? If so, what time you ordered it? I have been trying since last night but they only have 32gb. TIA

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
Ordered a 32gb rose gold 7 at 8:30 this morning. Thought about it awhile and decided I'd rather have black since I haven't had a black phone since the 5, so I called in about 10:30 and they cancelled it so I could place a new order. I went with Apple Black. Says 9/16 delivery.

DSTOFEL

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Thanks for the feedback! I just checked and my billing cycle ran 8-7-2016 through 9-6-2016....so I'm just a couple of days into the current cycle!

I just checked again with Verizon about the 2GB bonus with the L plan. This time they told me:
  • The 2GB bonus is a standard part of the "L" plan (i.e. It's not a promotional of some sort)
  • If I upgrade now, all I have to do is:
    • Delete the current order to upgrade my data plan.
    • Upgrade to the 7
    • Call them back before the start of my next billing cycle (i.e. Before 10-7-2016) to switch over to the L plan. She said since 8GB/month plus 2GB bonus data is standard for the "L" plan....that's what I'd end up with.
So, not quite sure which Verizon rep to believe at this point. Is it your understanding that the 2GB bonus data is just a standard part of the "L" data plan? Or, is it your understanding that it's some type of special promotional only available for upgrades?

I guess if the 2GB bonus data really is a "standard" part of the "L" plan (i.e. Not some sort of upgrade promotional) then I might as well complete my Apple Order (i.e. Using the Apple Upgrade plan) and get my 9/16 delivery date that is currently reserved.

ibcj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Thanks for the feedback! I just checked and my billing cycle ran 8-7-2016 through 9-6-2016....so I'm just a couple of days into the current cycle!

I just checked again with Verizon about the 2GB bonus with the L plan. This time they told me:
  • The 2GB bonus is a standard part of the "L" plan (i.e. It's not a promotional of some sort)
  • If I upgrade now, all I have to do is:
    • Delete the current order to upgrade my data plan.
    • Upgrade to the 7
    • Call them back before the start of my next billing cycle (i.e. Before 10-7-2016) to switch over to the L plan. She said since 8GB/month plus 2GB bonus data is standard for the "L" plan....that's what I'd end up with.
So, not quite sure which Verizon rep to believe at this point. Is it your understanding that the 2GB bonus data is just a standard part of the "L" data plan? Or, is it your understanding that it's some type of special promotional only available for upgrades?

I guess if the 2GB bonus data really is a "standard" part of the "L" plan (i.e. Not some sort of upgrade promotional) then I might as well complete my Apple Order (i.e. Using the Apple Upgrade plan) and get my 9/16 delivery date that is currently reserved.

Try and change your data plan online. You should be able to back date it to the start of this cycle. I'm not sure if you will have to re-order the phone, but my guess is yes.

The 2GB bonus is a promotion that you can only get if you are on a "L" plan or larger. Once you are on that plan, any new phone purchase should add 2GB per line per month for as long as you have a L plan or larger.
When I called, I asked if there was an end date on the promotion, but there is not, so they can end it at any time.
[doublepost=1473442726][/doublepost]
Think they will add the extra data if you did the plan change and ordered the new phone on the same day, but did it in the wrong order?

I'm not so sure they will. I changed mine a few hours before, just to be sure and it went through without a problem.
[doublepost=1473442763][/doublepost]
The delivery date for my 256G 7+ Black changed from 09/23 to 09/28, anyone in same boat?

Yes, the same thing happened to my 256G 7+ black order.

dberezin

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Two questions, can someone tell me the breakdown of the bill they got charged? I literally do not understand what I got charged for in the DPP.

If you are referring to your bill you had to pay when ordering, it was a $20 upgrade fee per phone (if you were upgrading) and tax on the price of the phone and the upgrade fee.

Second, if I put the wrong IMEI # phone (but still the same phone capacity/version I want to trade in), which was a terrible process because throughout my accounts years we have had multiple iphone's on our account, will that be alright?

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Verizon's fantastic deal- How can they do it???

I Ordered two iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB this morning.

Trading in an iPhone 6S and an iPhone 6 and getting $650 trade in value each; monthly credit of $27 each

Monthly cost for each new phone is $9 ($36.24 less $27) for 24 months

How is verizon getting subsidized???

What am I missing??

M

Reactions: mspman

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Have someone successfully ordered the 7plus 128gb? If so, what time you ordered it? I have been trying since last night but they only have 32gb. TIA

Click on the phone and open the link to go to more options. The initial splash page with the 5 colored squares I couldn't get 128 GB either.

castorbroome3

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2015
This is kinda confusing. I was on chat with Verizon and this sounds a little conflicting.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 11.34.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 11.34.13 AM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 253

Mindbender14

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2014
Verizon's fantastic deal- How can they do it???

I Ordered two iPhone 7 Plus, 128GB this morning.

Trading in an iPhone 6S and an iPhone 6 and getting $650 trade in value each; monthly credit of $27 each

Monthly cost for each new phone is $9 ($36.24 less $27) for 24 months

How is verizon getting subsidized???

What am I missing??

M

This was my hesitation when I saw the deal. I have no idea how they're doing this.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
I ordered my iPhone 7 Plus Jet Black 256GB through the business website and got my confirmation email at 12:29 am Pacific. It says:

Status Awaiting Inventory
Delivered By Date 09/28/2016

I think thats as good as it gets for that model?

I am in the exact same boat as you. Hoping that we get it earlier

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.