Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blubz

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2014
North Carolina
Anyone else having issues tracking their iPhone 7 with UPS? My iPhone shipped out on Friday from Memphis, but I don't know if it will arrive on Monday or Tuesday.

Via the tracking number, I get this message:

Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Via UPS MyChoice, I get this message:
Scheduled Delivery: Information Unavailable
Furthermore, UPS MyChoice won't let me make any changes to the delivery or arrange to pick it up at the distribution center or local UPS shop. I can't make any changes.

Anyone else in the same boat?
I've got the same issue. Mine hasn't updated since it left Memphis at 7:47 P.M. Kind of annoying, since we can't change the delivery or know when it will even be out for delivery.

Reactions: willmtaylor

Antinoitikos

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
It's only been a weekend and it feels like it's been 5 days. Impatiently waiting like the rest of ya'll out there. No updates whatsoever on my 128+ RG order...

Reactions: Maryinsouthie

Snowbrdr13x

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
NY
Ordered 9/9 upgrade with trade in. iPhone 7+ MB 128gb confirmation email 3:54am EST. CC charged for taxes 12pm EST today. Pre-order status website says sent to warehouse with expected ship date today. No shipping info yet. Finally some movement. I am on Long Island, NY.

jenniiez

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2016
Mine recently updated that it left memphis and arrived at the fed ex hub near my house! its so close.... iPhone 7 plus in rose gold ordered 9/9

10kb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Hopefully this will give some of you an idea of when your phone is coming. I pre-ordered the 7+ MB in 128gb on 9/9. Confirmation email came in at 03:50 eastern time. I was given a deliver by date of 9/23. Got an email today (9/18) at about 11:00am eastern saying they've received my order and will text me when shipping info is available. Checked credit card and it was charged today (9/18). It's now 7:44pm eastern and I've yet to receive shipping info. I am in CT and have a location code of E247401. I'm thinking my phone arrives 9/20.

10kb

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Hopefully this will give some of you an idea of when your phone is coming. I pre-ordered the 7+ MB in 128gb on 9/9. Confirmation email came in at 03:50 eastern time. I was given a deliver by date of 9/23. Got an email today (9/18) at about 11:00am eastern saying they've received my order and will text me when shipping info is available. Checked credit card and it was charged today (9/18). It's now 7:44pm eastern and I've yet to receive shipping info. I am in CT and have a location code of E247401. I'm thinking my phone arrives 9/20.

I had the same ship date of the 23rd --- got initial ship notification /cc charge the 15th.
Phone picked up from warehouse by carrier UPS on the 16th and I'll receive it the 20th per my tracking info.
It took forever for my actual tracking number to generate information at UPS.

MomMom1012

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
My prodigal son, the 256GB Jet Black Plus model has finally left Memphis after a slow and long weekend. Estimated arrival according to FedEx website is 9/20
Anyone know if I can hold the package at the FedEx location/hub.
I leave Tuesday morning and would want to take it to my trip. But, i heard FedEx has to try to attempt delivery once is this true? Thanks to anyone for your help

I tried to have a package held at FedEx so I could pick it up on a Monday following a failed Satirday delivery attempt (I wasn't home to sign for it). They wouldn't let me pick it up until Tuesday, claiming the home delivery packages are only available Tuesday-Saturday. I think you're right though, they have to attempt delivery once before they'll hold it. Can't hurt to call and ask.

Reactions: jponce97

Meliodas

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2016
I was on with VZW chat, which took 20 some minutes for them being busy. Was trying to check the status of my order other than the normal ways. The rep did confirm that my JB 7+ is still set to ship by the 28th and everything else looks good (CC and all that). I was concerned about it possibly getting cancelled for some reason, as stated by another poster recently. She also said that "The Jet Black has been a very popular color so those have been taking longer to process and they're currently on the longest back order for customers that are just ordering their phones now." So I guess I'll continue to monitor the pages and hope to see movement soon.

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
7+ 128 (matte) black ordered 9/9 @ 6:30am CDT ship date 9/23 - nothing has changed.

Went to Best Buy today to look at phone cases for my girl's phone. They had iPhones on display that were labeled as 6S so that's what I thought they were. I picked up the plus and hit the home button and immediately realized it was a 7+. The home button didn't seem that different and seems it wouldn't take too much getting used to. The 7 had a more pronounced "click" feedback which I'm guessing was the highest setting.

iEuphoria

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
South Carolina
Currently on the phone with verizon. My order was cancelled due to me not accepting any terms and conditions that I never received. I am doing device payment and did pay state taxes same day. I told them I never received any terms and conditions. I was never notified. They still told me they couldn't do anything. Looks like I have to reorder and now go from 10/05 to 11/9.

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
Currently on the phone with verizon. My order was cancelled due to me not accepting any terms and conditions that I never received. I am doing device payment and did pay state taxes same day. I told them I never received any terms and conditions. I was never notified. They still told me they couldn't do anything. Looks like I have to reorder and now go from 10/05 to 11/9.

That's absolutely ridiculous. They credited my account $35 (lol) and reimbursed my upgrade fee when I put a new order down after something very similar happened to me. I would threaten to cancel your contract and see their reaction.

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016

Keep at it because the fault is on them if you have not received the terms and conditions to agree to. You can't agree to something you didn't receive and they cancel your order.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
Haven't gotten the official shipped email but I did get my tracking number after checking the order status. It's shipping via "UPSGROUND1" which I assume is next day ground service. Assuming it ships out today, I guess there's a chance it could be here tomorrow but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday. Need time to reroute it to either my work or hold it at the distribution center.

JB 128GB 7+

Ziravan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Republic of Texas
Escalate.

Tell them you want a "jump the line" request put in to place you back at your rightful place in line.

If the person you're talking with can't do that, "would you please transfer me to a supervisor who can."

thebluegangsta

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Southern California
Guys I can verify that the link for reservations is for everyone not just the iPhone upgrade program people, I guess it's a workaround. Today I tracked one down with it reserved for a certain time swung by and paid the full price of the phone. That's just the way I decided to pay for it, but you can pay any other way like normal. Verizon installment etc. I was nervous and thought I made the trip for nothing cause I'm not in the program, but on their end it's just a reservation so please please save yourself the time and use the link to make it painless..I'm cancelling my verizon order now. Phone I picked up was exactly what I wanted 7+ MB 128GB

Reactions: Maryinsouthie

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Haven't gotten the official shipped email but I did get my tracking number after checking the order status. It's shipping via "UPSGROUND1" which I assume is next day ground service. Assuming it ships out today, I guess there's a chance it could be here tomorrow but I doubt it. Probably Tuesday. Need time to reroute it to either my work or hold it at the distribution center.

JB 128GB 7+
Sorry, I think it'll be regular UPS Ground. Most likely, it will ship out tomorrow, and get to you on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how far you are from the hub it ships from.

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I was on with VZW chat, which took 20 some minutes for them being busy. Was trying to check the status of my order other than the normal ways. The rep did confirm that my JB 7+ is still set to ship by the 28th and everything else looks good (CC and all that). I was concerned about it possibly getting cancelled for some reason, as stated by another poster recently. She also said that "The Jet Black has been a very popular color so those have been taking longer to process and they're currently on the longest back order for customers that are just ordering their phones now." So I guess I'll continue to monitor the pages and hope to see movement soon.
Just gotta be patient, I guess. Lol

iEuphoria

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
South Carolina
NOW I got an email about upgrading my plan. Saying that I discussed with them about upgrading my plan to 30GB. But I didn't? What is going on with verizon. They added it to my bill and everything!!!!!!!

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
Sorry, I think it'll be regular UPS Ground. Most likely, it will ship out tomorrow, and get to you on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how far you are from the hub it ships from.

You may be right. No worries either way. From looking online.m, Verizon uses shipping codes of "UPSGROUND1" and "UPSGROUND2" and the latter seems to be 2 Day Ground Shipping.

fdf9776eaa0ca355072fb82dc40aee10.jpg

OCDMacGeek

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2007
My prodigal son, the 256GB Jet Black Plus model has finally left Memphis after a slow and long weekend. Estimated arrival according to FedEx website is 9/20
I leave Tuesday morning and would want to take it to my trip. But, i heard FedEx has to try to attempt delivery once is this true? Thanks to anyone for your help

Ahh, The very one I am waiting for. When were you first notified of the shipment?

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
You may be right. No worries either way. From looking online.m, Verizon uses shipping codes of "UPSGROUND1" and "UPSGROUND2" and the latter seems to be 2 Day Ground Shipping.

fdf9776eaa0ca355072fb82dc40aee10.jpg
You can actually decipher the shipping method from your tracking number.

"A UPS tracking number, for domestic packages within the United States, will usually start with "1Z" followed by a 6 character shipper number (numbers and letters), a 2 digit service level indicator (e.g., 03 for GROUND, SEE UPS SERVICE CODES below), and finally 8 digits identifying the package, for a total of 18 characters."

A non-exhaustive list of service codes:
  • 01 UPS United States Next Day Air ("Red")
  • 02 UPS United States Second Day Air ("Blue")
  • 03 UPS United States Ground
  • 04 UPS Canada Express Saver (typically next day)
  • 12 UPS United States Third Day Select
  • 13 UPS United States Next Day Air Saver ("Red Saver")
  • 14 UPS Canada Express
  • 15 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M.
  • 17 UPS Canada Expedited (typically 2-day)
  • 20 UPS Canada Standard (Ground)
  • 22 UPS United States Ground - Returns Plus - Three Pickup Attempts
  • 32 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - COD
  • 33 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Saturday Delivery, COD
  • 41 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Saturday Delivery
  • 42 UPS United States Ground - Signature Required
  • 44 UPS United States Next Day Air - Saturday Delivery
  • 66 UPS United States Worldwide Express
  • 72 UPS United States Ground - Collect on Delivery
  • 78 UPS United States Ground - Returns Plus - One Pickup Attempt
  • 90 UPS United States Ground - Returns - UPS Prints and Mails Label
  • A0 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Adult Signature Required
  • A1 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Saturday Delivery, Adult Signature Required
  • A2 UPS United States Next Day Air - Adult Signature Required
  • A8 UPS United States Ground - Adult Signature Required
  • A9 UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Adult Signature Required, COD
  • AA UPS United States Next Day Air Early A.M. - Saturday Delivery, Adult Signature Required, COD

Last edited:

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN

Unfortunately no. FedEx or Verizon won't allow it until after the first unsuccessful delivery attempt.

And my driver would not leave it even with a signed note. Luckily, it was back at the distribution center by 5pm and I picked it up that evening.

Reactions: willmtaylor

luked14

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2010

What time did you place your order?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.