Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Anybody with a 7+ black 128 gig with a ship date of 9/28 seen any movement? Ordered in store at open (10 EST) on 9/9.
[doublepost=1474259336][/doublepost]

For pick up at Verizon? What state?

The inventory is updated everyday just keep looking you'll see them in every state. Honestly the whole waiting game on verizon is just too annoying. BUT if you want to take advantage of the $650 promo verizon has then this may not be the method for you. I am just paying for all the phones full price now from apple because I rather have the phones for my family now than wait god knows how long just to get the $650. I will just sell all our 6s on eBay.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
just went online on apple and reserved a 128 black 7+ for pickup at 10am and another at a different store at 1pm just in case!!! done playing the waiting game with verizon
You can't do the $650 TIV for an iP6 if you buy from Apple.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Good luck guys. Im sure you will all get your phones soon because so many people miss their reservations and those phones are just put back into apples available inventory for the following day.
[doublepost=1474260791][/doublepost]One more thing... you get a 30 minute window to get your phone. Don't worry they're not going to sell the phone to someone else... they can't. If you are scheduled for 1-130pm then they must hold your phone from 1 to 130pm and you can pick it up during that time period only. They will only give your phone to someone else if you miss that window.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
You can't do the $650 TIV for an iP6 if you buy from Apple.
If I bought my 7 through verizon on the monthly installment plans and give my current 6+ to my fiancee, can I turn in her 6 and get the credit from verizon? If so, can I wait until I've received my 7?

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
I don't know if they're favoring current customers. I've been a customer for a while now, going on 7 years, and my pre-order 128 GB 7+ silver was supposed to ship 9-28, it is now arriving Tuesday. I also paid outright, ordered and received confirmation email on 9/9 by 3:12 am eastern. I just think things are really random.
Certain colors and sizes are going to ship sooner. Right now the silver and gold versions are not as popular as the jet black and matte black.
[doublepost=1474261392][/doublepost]
So if I am able to make a reservation at an Apple Store, I can get the phone through the Verizon device payment plan?
yes you can.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
If I bought my 7 through verizon on the monthly installment plans and give my current 6+ to my fiancee, can I turn in her 6 and get the credit from verizon? If so, can I wait until I've received my 7?

Yes if I were you I'd do the same...the 6s has more ram lol. As long as you own the 6 and have no payments on it you can trade that phone in for rebate. Verizon advertised it so that 6 and up get the $650. You have 14 days until you receive your 7 to do the trade in. You should open up a chat on your Verizon account with a customer service agent...........then you should clarify that you are getting the $650 rebate when you turn in your 6 and you should email the transcript to yourself (there's an email transcript button on the chat). This way you have it in writing that you will get the $650 rebate.

Reactions: skip579

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Thanks, haha but don't lose hope!
Being honest, I was actually going to be like those other people and order ahead like some other people did (still mad about that app glitch tbh) because there was an app glitch on Verizon but I didn't want to order and have Verizon say those orders would be canceled and stuff so I waited and ordered on the site it let me in at about 1:58 and had it checked out by 1:59
It was just the opposite for me. The website wouldn't let me order it, just kept loading the screen. I switched to the app and purchased it with just a couple of clicks.

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
Is the iP6+ paid off in full? Is the iP6 paid off in full?

Also, you have to wait until you receive your iP7 to do the trade in.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Good luck guys. Im sure you will all get your phones soon because so many people miss their reservations and those phones are just put back into apples available inventory for the following day.
[doublepost=1474260791][/doublepost]One more thing... you get a 30 minute window to get your phone. Don't worry they're not going to sell the phone to someone else... they can't. If you are scheduled for 1-130pm then they must hold your phone from 1 to 130pm and you can pick it up during that time period only. They will only give your phone to someone else if you miss that window.
Actually you can show up earlier than your reserved window. I reserved mine with the pick up window of 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm, but I showed up at 11 am right at opening (Sunday), got helped and they didn't have problem with me picking it up earlier.

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
It was just the opposite for me. The website wouldn't let me order it, just kept loading the screen. I switched to the app and purchased it with just a couple of clicks.
Yea I had the opposite too. App kept sending me to I think it was the buy page and it only loaded the 6S and the other Apple phones the website I just clicked buy now picked the JB 256 7+ and ran with it. Didn't even pick insurance or anything. Didn't matter I'm buying AppleCare+ the second that baby comes out the box :D plus I hate carrier insurances too.

TheTotoro

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
So, my two phones are still in processing, no cc charge. Delivering go SF so the lovely reservation page at Apple doesn't work because there is no stock :-/

I'm glad everyone is getting their phones for the most part - I just hope mine ships soon as well.

/sigh

(Order info in signature)

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Actually you can show up earlier than your reserved window. I reserved mine with the pick up window of 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm, but I showed up at 11 am right at opening (Sunday), got helped and they didn't have problem with me picking it up earlier.

You can pick up only your own reserved phone. They just can't give you someone else's phone. So basically yeah you're right show up anytime up until the last minute of your window and you'll get the phone.

FmaxTurboSi

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011
socal
I like how Verizon's website says November delivery for black iphone 7+. But if you order on Apple's website, estimated delivery is 2-3 weeks for the same phone on Verizon network.

SO STUPID!!!

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
Is the iP6+ paid off in full? Is the iP6 paid off in full?

Also, you have to wait until you receive your iP7 to do the trade in.
The 6+ is paid in full (bought outright unlocked from Apple) but I'd be trading in her 6 (sprint) so she can have my 6+.

ngaham

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2011
Ordered the 128 JB iP7+ from Verizon Wireless and received my confirmation email at 0315 EST on 09/09. I haven't had my credit card charged and when I check the status it just says, "We received your order and it is in process".

On a side note I waited outside my local Verizon corporate store on 09/16 for approximately six hours and they came out and said they didn't have have iP7+ models at all. I ended up getting my wife her iP7 Rose Gold so the wait wasn't completely worthless. This is my first year not getting an iPhone on release day.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
9/23 ship date

Still no cc charge and stuck in processing

I've seen so many with the same date get theirs charged ITT smh
[doublepost=1474273146][/doublepost]
Exactly the same for me. 9/23 ship date. No updates.

Well at least I'm not the only one lol

It seemed like I was the only one with that date with no updates

jephluvsred

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011
I too reserved an iPhone 7 plus at my local Apple store. Just making sure I can upgrade through them. Ill be turning in my iPhone 6. How would that work since im doing it through Apple?

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I was charged yesterday and got a ship date of yesterday, but now my order is just sitting there "processing". No carrier info, no indication that it actually shipped or that a label was created or anything else.

Apple Roy

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Just thought I would reply and inform...I preordered the morning of 9/9 at 0830 AM a 128 MB+ model with a delivery/shipping date of 9/23. Just like a lot of other people, I have had no movement since then on my card or shipping. So I chatted with support this morning. I wanted to make sure my order wasn't canceled or I had some terms and conditions to sign or some other stupid Verizon reason. But I didn't and she told me to expect my phone to ship and be delivered on Friday the 23rd. How can it do both on the same day? I don't think it can. But we shall see what happens. She did provide me a tracking number at least. But it doesn't work yet and track by reference finds nothing either. Still waiting....

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I too reserved an iPhone 7 plus at my local Apple store. Just making sure I can upgrade through them. Ill be turning in my iPhone 6. How would that work since im doing it through Apple?
According to Apple's website, you can do the Verizon device payment through them but you won't be able to trade anything in unless you are doing it through Apple's upgrade program. You won't be able to get the $650 through Verizon if that's your intention, you would still need to get the phone through Verizon to get that credit.

Reactions: jaedre3

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
I called FedEx and they said I would have to wait til it "reaches the next stage" which would be I guess when it arrives in my state or to my hub the rep wasn't nice she just said will til the next stage. The hold options are greyed out so I will wait for the next stage. It left Memphis at 4:27 (idk about what time zone I guess my time zone which is CST) but unless that's the world slowest plane it might be on a truck.
Okay so I'll just wait until it's my town I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.