Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
You can actually decipher the shipping method from your tracking number.

"A UPS tracking number, for domestic packages within the United States, will usually start with "1Z" followed by a 6 character shipper number (numbers and letters), a 2 digit service level indicator (e.g., 03 for GROUND, SEE UPS SERVICE CODES below), and finally 8 digits identifying the package, for a total of 18 characters."

[*]42 UPS United States Ground - Signature Required

[/LIST]

This was the method using that as a guide. I'll be able to confirm it once tracking info is on UPS' site - either overnight or in the morning.

Reactions: willmtaylor

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
I tried to have a package held at FedEx so I could pick it up on a Monday following a failed Satirday delivery attempt (I wasn't home to sign for it). They wouldn't let me pick it up until Tuesday, claiming the home delivery packages are only available Tuesday-Saturday. I think you're right though, they have to attempt delivery once before they'll hold it. Can't hurt to call and ask.

Yea I'll call once it lands somewhere in my state (Texas) nothing's been updated on it so far I'll lgivw it another hour and try on the website if not call FedEx and if not call Verizon to cal FedEx. I read somewhere here that someone called Verizon and Verizon called FedEx to have it held? Not sure where I read it tho

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
I ordered the same phone 12 minutes after you and had my order delayed until 11/16. You're one of a very lucky few.
Thanks, haha but don't lose hope!
Being honest, I was actually going to be like those other people and order ahead like some other people did (still mad about that app glitch tbh) because there was an app glitch on Verizon but I didn't want to order and have Verizon say those orders would be canceled and stuff so I waited and ordered on the site it let me in at about 1:58 and had it checked out by 1:59

chpthrll

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
Augusta,Ga
Here ya go! Note - although the site says its open at 1201 AM-west coast stores didnt show upas available until 0801 AM pacific time. Jump on it and get your phone same day. good luck

https://reserve.cdn-apple.com/US/en_US/reserve/iPhone/availability?channel=1&iPP=U

WOW,used this link,found a 7 plus 128GB black at store in different city made a reservation and picked up my new iPhone,Thanks
Of course had to cancel my preorder with a delivery date of 10/12
you guys rock

robwithtoast

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
My prodigal son, the 256GB Jet Black Plus model has finally left Memphis after a slow and long weekend. Estimated arrival according to FedEx website is 9/20
Anyone know if I can hold the package at the FedEx location/hub.
I leave Tuesday morning and would want to take it to my trip. But, i heard FedEx has to try to attempt delivery once is this true? Thanks to anyone for your help
I have been trying to get mine held too because I won't be home the entire day on 9/20. It won't let me do it on the fed ex website. I might call them tomorrow and see what I could do. Did you find anything out?

Reactions: jponce97

SaltTheWound

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
This site never shows any information for me using the preorder number, assuming thats the right one. My Verizon has updated a couple of different times for a 7+ MB 128 GB. Still showing ship date of 10/5

You need a different number, the "confirmation number". I was able to get this by calling VZW and asking for it.

Reactions: ahw5071

Etech13

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
Texas
I haven't posted in a while and have just been reading the forum for a while. Just wanted to post my status here to share with you guys.

I ordered through verizon at 2:15am central time:
256 7+ Jet Black.
32 7+ Rose Gold.

My date has been stuck on 9/28 since pre-order days. I'm really nervous because this is my first time ordering through a carrier and I've heard a bunch of horror stories--so far it's living up to the potential. Everyday I wake up hoping today is the day I see it's being shipped. :/

jayhawaii22

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
You may be right. No worries either way. From looking online.m, Verizon uses shipping codes of "UPSGROUND1" and "UPSGROUND2" and the latter seems to be 2 Day Ground Shipping.

fdf9776eaa0ca355072fb82dc40aee10.jpg

When did you order? I ordered the same phone at 11:58 pm pst through the app because it was allowing me to checkout before the official 12 midnight release. And mine still says 9/23 processing.

jponce97

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2014
I have been trying to get mine held too because I won't be home the entire day on 9/20. It won't let me do it on the fed ex website. I might call them tomorrow and see what I could do. Did you find anything out?
I called FedEx and they said I would have to wait til it "reaches the next stage" which would be I guess when it arrives in my state or to my hub the rep wasn't nice she just said will til the next stage. The hold options are greyed out so I will wait for the next stage. It left Memphis at 4:27 (idk about what time zone I guess my time zone which is CST) but unless that's the world slowest plane it might be on a truck.

lz80521

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Hi guys, a quick (maybe dumb) question: can I use my 2-yr contract sim card on another verizon iphone (bought with full price)? Does the contract sim card only work on the original phone? Thanks.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys, a quick (maybe dumb) question: can I use my 2-yr contract sim card on another verizon iphone (bought with full price)? Does the contract sim card only work on the original phone? Thanks.

You can use your Verizon sim with any Verizon phone. Your contract info and such goes with the sim card and your account. People lose phones or break phones all the time and have to use alternate phones. It'd be insane for Verizon to expect everyone to use the original phone they received haha.

ahw5071

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
I wanted to give all of you in shipment limbo an update on my order (7+ 128GB black)

I just got off of chat with a rep. Verizon's preorder website says my order has been processed and sent to a warehouse for shipment with an expected ship date of 9/18 but no tracking number. 611 also confirms my order was processed and shipped with an expected 2 business day delivery. "My orders" on my Verizon account says my expected ship date is 10/26. The agent confirmed to me that I should be getting my phone in two days. Granite, I don't trust Verizon reps nor do I trust the current logistic hell that has gone into the iPhone 7 launch, but this does seem promising. Those of you with CC charges and no tracking #'s there is faith to trust it.

Edit: Reason for the major jump from the end of October was because Verizon screwed up my original preorder and put in a request to have me jump the line back into place, I was originally a 10/05 ship date.

Mrlal8

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2012
I just reserved another iPhone 7+ MB for pickup tomorrow morning. Two down... 1 more to go and ill cancel the last verizon pre order I had. I dunno why we were all stressing about getting our hands on these phones....just keep your eye out on inventory and you'll be able to scoop one up as well!

BuddyTheElf24

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
NC
Anybody with a 7+ black 128 gig with a ship date of 9/28 seen any movement? Ordered in store at open (10 EST) on 9/9.
[doublepost=1474259336][/doublepost]
I just reserved another iPhone 7+ MB for pickup tomorrow morning. Two down... 1 more to go and ill cancel the last verizon pre order I had. I dunno why we were all stressing about getting our hands on these phones....just keep your eye out on inventory and you'll be able to scoop one up as well!

For pick up at Verizon? What state?

Reactions: Mrlal8

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
I am still waiting on ANY movement. I feel that since I ordered all the phones in one order, they won't ship them seprately so my Jet Black may be holding back the entire shipment. My order contains a Jet Black iPhone 7+ 128GB, and Matte Black iPhone 7+ 128GB, and a Gold iPhone 7 128GB. My expected Ship date went from 10/05 to 10/12 today -_-

Order Date:
09/09/2016 12:27 AM Pacific

Order Status:
We received your order and it is in process.

Expected ship date (was 10/05 but recently went back a week)
10/12/2016

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
just went online on apple and reserved a 128 black 7+ for pickup at 10am and another at a different store at 1pm just in case!!! done playing the waiting game with verizon

Reactions: Mrlal8

JulesJam

Suspended
Sep 20, 2014
I just got off of chat with a rep. Verizon's preorder website says my order has been processed and sent to a warehouse for shipment with an expected ship date of 9/18 but no tracking number. 611 also confirms my order was processed and shipped with an expected 2 business day delivery. "My orders" on my Verizon account says my expected ship date is 10/26.
Where did you check that, here:

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/searchOrder.jsp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.